Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) (26666 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by OoduaDefence: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2013

This is the moment two angry squirrels went head-to-head in a spectacular fight over food.The African ground squirrels showed the lengths they will go to in order to protect their precious dinner as they can be seen charging at one another and scrapping in the sand as they viciously fought over a watermelon.One of the squirrels was enjoying his fruity snack in peace when he was launched upon by a brazen rival hoping to steal a bite of his meal.

But his attempts to chase the cheeky creature away from his dinner failed, when he flew at him with a kung-fu style move.

The two squirrels then became locked in a vicious battle somersaulting through the air and rolling in the sand as they scrapped over the half-eaten meal.

Photographer Francois Loubser, 40, captured the images in Kgalagadi, South Africa.

He said: 'Most people going to reserves wants to see the big five, I just love the interaction of the smaller less noticed animals. To tell the truth I do not even have a proper image of a lion or elephant.

'These squirrels were in our camp and I spotted one of them eating a melon. Every now and then one of them would charge at the other.

'So I set myself up as low as possible focused on the one eating and photographed away.'

Francois said the squirrels move so fast, it can be difficult to get a picture, but he continued to snap away in the hope of catching some good shots.

'Luckily managed to capture most of the action.
'I saw that there was a dominant squirrel and that he wants everything, he's always chasing the other squirrels for food.

'When one of the squirrels was eating it would slowly creep closer to try and steal the food and then jump on the other squirrel while it was eating.

'The squirrel eating charged at him and tried to chase him away but I think the dominant one got what he wanted in the end.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336397/Kung-Fu-squirrels-Moment-angry-reds-head-head-spectacular-fight-food.html

Source: http://www.9jatalks.com/entry.php?b=171

4 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by ACM10: 10:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
Survival of the fittest

But na better bushmeat be dis o.

I no mind fight with person for this food. grin

4 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by mbhs139(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
ACM10: Survival of the fittest

Yea, you hit it right! And it also happens in higher animals world.

So, who come win the fight at the end now, the man no wait till the end ni?
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by ikechukz(m): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Two delicious meat wasting away.I wanna eat squirrel meat.

1 Like

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by 50calibre(m): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Anything African seems to be hyper aggressive, why? Iv seen squirrels uncountable times and I haven't for once seen them fighting over food especially where there is food everywhere

God help Africa, there is even hunger in the animal kingdom
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by supaeagles(m): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
These squirrels are lucky they are in South Africa. If dem dey my village, by now they will be doing their kung fu inside my cooking pot smiley

3 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by chymystique(f): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
... @ Op, Summarize wah u r tryna tell us undecided
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by YoshiMaster: 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
I pity the fool who tries to take my nut.

I pity the fool.
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by lankspex(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
Squirel in the melon shadow

10 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by Capnd143(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lol
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by mbhs139(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
fem30: angry. And it made front page? undecided

Front page is not all about PDP, SCN, Tonto-Dike, GEJ, Nigeria and Ameachi.

We need a bit of relaxation from Nigeria's palava. By the way, as at my last check, there are other threads on front page. Why not kindly visit any one of them and leave this for those who cares to watch.

Thanks

20 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by Eboski(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
I just love this Chinese film.lolz
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by supaeagles(m): 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
50calibre: Anything African seems to be hyper aggressive, why? Iv seen squirrels uncountable times and I haven't for once seen them fighting over food especially where there is food everywhere

grin grin .... you have a wicked twist on everything !

1 Like

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by devigblegble: 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
It's called survival of the fittest even humans do the same too if I lie go kirikiri prison u go see how elewon dey fight taekwando
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
I saw only squirrels but I searched everywhere and I couldn't find a kungfu.
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by Csami(m): 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
so poo like this still make front page?
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by mjames: 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
How does this one affect Nigeria economy?
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by Systemguru: 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
How i Which our dog was there to Feed on this two things that clams kung fu kings....our dog will show them say him Na shawolin master
Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by Systemguru: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
Shawolin master

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by ZN2: 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by dasparrow: 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
50calibre: Anything African seems to be hyper aggressive, why? Iv seen squirrels uncountable times and I haven't for once seen them fighting over food especially where there is food everywhere

Oh please, stop this talk. You have aggressive people the world over. Are caucasian racists not aggressive? What of all the white american males who wake up on the wrong side of the bed and start shooting down innocent people like was the case of the Colorado movie theater shooting or the Connecticut primary school shooting? If these squirrels were fighting in Europe somewhere, would you have made the same statement?

In fact, whatever! I just can't!

3 Likes

Re: Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) by ril19(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
and what happened to all those other great posts i saw in other section, why aren't they here but this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch / 5 Basic Facts You Should Know About The Human Body / Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.