Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy (1266 Views)

Dentistry Vs Pharmacy....which Is More Lucrative!!!! / Accounting Vs Economics...... As A Profession / Project Topic On Banking Or Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by Dochido(m): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
my nameis mike, i took my waec last year and scored math B3 English C4 GeographyB3 phy B3 biology C5 Chemistry c6 econo D7 igboB3 Agric 5 i regersted pharmacy do to pressure from my farmily i scored 168 after my sleeples night is like god dont want me to do it bc i am not good in chemistry , my best subject is math i wanted to study banking or accounting but i made mistake in my subject combination i am consding taking waec or shoud i go on with pharmacy
Re: Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by Acidosis(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
I don't think you can study "Accounting/Banking" with your result.

My advice:

Enrol for an ICAN course, write the exams and make sure you study well.
(so you don't sit at home preparing for a Jamb you're not even sure if you'll make 200).

While studying for the ICAN course, make sure you attempt a G.C.E or something (O'level), so you can make up for the D7 in Economics. You may also include Commerce or/Financial Account.

Immediately you get your ICAN result & your necessary O'level requirements. Buy a JAMB Direct Entry (D.E) form, and apply for any of these courses depending on the uni:
1. Accountancy
2. Accounting & Finance
3. Accounting & Fraud detection
4. Accounting & bla..bla..bla

Note: over 90% of Nigerian universities accept Direct entry students with ICAN certification into 200L
Re: Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by nitrogen(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2013
^^^ nice one, but you forgot to mention it that ICAN qualification is at least three years for an SSCE holder, so he should be ready to spend at least six years with your route, and that is if he does take the ICAN exams once (without a re-sit).
Re: Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by Acidosis(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
nitrogen: ^^^ nice one, but you forgot to mention it that ICAN qualification is at least three years for an SSCE holder, so he should be ready to spend at least six years with your route, and that is if he does take the ICAN exams once (without a re-sit).

3years? shocked never knew

But even @ that, its better to prepare for it early.. while preparing for JAMB & SSCE alongside.
Re: Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by Dochido(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=Acidosis]

But even @ that, its better to prepare for it early.. while preparing for JAMB & SSCE alongside.

Tell me more about ICAN
Re: Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by Dochido(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
nitrogen: ^^^ nice one, but you forgot to mention it that ICAN qualification is at least three years for an SSCE holder, so he should be ready to spend at least six years with your route, and that is if he does take the ICAN exams once (without a re-sit).
no i don't want this route
Re: Banking Or Accounting Vs Pharmacy by nitrogen(m): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Acidosis:

3years? shocked never knew

The best.

@OP, go register for ICAN with your O'level result, you will start from ATS level or so, then focus on your Jamb and SSCE too, don't think it is multi-tasking o, cos we weren't informed during our time, believe me, by the time you graduate, you are already chartered. Betterstill, you can go for ACCA, one thing is that you should target a degree in accounting/finance/banking and your ICAN/ACCA, and that is very possible in the next four and a half to five years. God help you and good luck.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Asks Employers To Verify Corpsmembers Discharge Certificates / Why I Hate School But Love Education (spoken Words) By Suli Breaks / Course That Require 180 In Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.