Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. (571 Views)

How Do I Solve This Problem In Uploading My Joomla Website / My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by ediko5(m): 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hello Nairalanders

I always used Filezilla FTP to upload files to my server. but for two days now it cannot connect to my server even with a fast connection.

Then I used my Cpanel to upload the files directly but instead of the web files appearing on the home page eg www.motivationarena.com it appeared on motivationarena.com/folder name(web folder).

But before this, i have created subdomains for Cpanel and webmail, so can this problem be from the creation of subdomains or my server don't support uploading of files directly from Cpanel.

I'll be glad to have a solution.
Thanks
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by databoy247(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
You uploaded the files to your sub domain folder.
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by ediko5(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
I uploaded it to public_html folder where the subdomains are under.
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2013
Open your filezilla, either use quikconnect or go to site manager and connect after entering your details. Then open public_html, then open the subdomain folder, then drag all your files into it and it will start uploading. When it's done, check your subdomain in your browser and you will see your web page running.

But I hope you know that subdomain is different from ordinary folder.

Subdomain: demo.yourwebsite.com
Ordinary Folder: yourwebsite.com/demo
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by ediko5(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Okay,
Thanks guys i have done it.The problem arises from how i stored my style sheet.
But what i want to ask is;
If i can upload my web files directly from my Cpanel then why do i need FTP Client like filezilla?
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by GraphicsPlusII: 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
U can use any of them. But u can easily monitor ur files as they upload through filezilla. u can easily drag all ur files and dump them in ur public_html through filezilla.
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by ediko5(m): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2013
Okay. thanks
Re: I Have A Problems Uploading My Web Files. by switchmax8: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2013
probably you are uploading the files to the wrong domain go back to your filezilla ftp click on site manager click on new site fill in the new domain details you want to upload i guess this should be okay.
if you are still having problem get back to me with your details let me help you upload it for FREE.

(1) (Reply)

How To Submit And Verify Your Blog On Bing Webmaster Tool / Submit Your Website To The List Of Nigerian Websites / Let Me Setup Your Wordpress Blog For Free + A Free Premium Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.