Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

My Bank Experience And N5.4million Case That Got Us Disengaged. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Bank Experience And N5.4million Case That Got Us Disengaged. (877 Views)

One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) / The Zenith Of Wickedness: My Zenith Bank Experience / The Zenith Of Wickedness: My Zenith Bank Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Bank Experience And N5.4million Case That Got Us Disengaged. by jisky(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2013
I am not here to tarnish /blackmail anybody or organisation ,but to encourage justice,transparent and equity in our society.
I joined oceanicBank in yr 2008 as a teller in Kaduna state.I was employed with OND as a contract staff(Bank Worker).Been at the bottom of the pyramid was never a barrier or excuse not to accomplished,but to cut the coat according to the size,and prayed that one day we may be converted to the core staff with my Degree.
Around june 2012 a customer brought a deposit of N5.4million to a Bulk teller in my Branch(a town,45 minutes drive frm kaduna).The bulk teller counted the cash but he was unable to post the cash due to integration btw oceanic and Ecobank.He handed over the cash to his liase supervisor(CASH OFFICER).During the close of business on that day,the Residence Internal Controller Officer(RICO)asked both the Head of operations n cash officer which money kept aside from vault cabinet,he was told that unposted cash.According to the bank policy any unposted deposit should be treated as Late Deposit or Subject to coun(STC),should be register signed and counter sign.In this case it was not registered either by cash officer or head of operations.Also rico did not counter anything.
Sept 2012,the depositor of the cash showep up that the money was not posted to the beneficiary's a/c.The bulk teller was summoned and he confronted the Cash Officer.Cash officer agreed that he collected the cash from him,but he cannot locate the cash.
After so much pressure frm depositor and d bank.cash Officer launched investigatn that lead to N5.4million been found in Head of Operation persönal joint a/c wt his wife.Head of Operations,cash officer n Bulk teller were detained by the police.During the interrogation head of operations claimed that it was his wife that brought the cash for deposit in our branch(an hour drive frm kaduna that has about ten branches,why she can't pay d money in a closer br ,instead of taken risk of such amt in highway).It was also revealed that the deposit was credited by the same Bulk teller that received the original N5.4m n verified by Head of operations.Between the time the cash was credited to head of operations a/c n the time the cash was declared missing,he has finished withdrawing the money in bit by bit(like 250k,150k,300k).He made the withdrawals from all the paying tellers of the branch including myself.They were granted bail and the case was charged to court.
Later,Regional internal controller challenge all the paying teller for not ask the head of operations where he got the money he was withdrawing(is t possible to ask your superior officer that s earning about 400k a mth of where got N5.4m when no money was declared missing.
Eight of us were disengaged in feb 2013 without been call to Dc,without charge to court or any kind fair hearing, for the offence we are not guilty of.
To my surprise the cash Officer(the major suspect)was called back to work after some mths of suspension.Our outsourced coy Vla later sent us a letter that we were been disengaged due to our negligence that cost bank financial loss,while d major thief is still in the work(viclawrence And Associate 'VLA 'take note).Injustice to contract staff s too much.
We have gone and for better.I Wish my affected guys all d best in the future.I Believe it happened for good,God will surely create way from where there s no way.
Re: My Bank Experience And N5.4million Case That Got Us Disengaged. by blinkz4real: 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
i feel ur pain bro. God will provide u a beta offer. iJN
Re: My Bank Experience And N5.4million Case That Got Us Disengaged. by poca4real(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sorry bro,I had a similar experience in access bank in 2009,and we were disengaged,today,am thanking my God where he position me now,even my colleguea then jealous of me now.God will give u something beta soon

(1) (Reply)

Off 1 / Making Money Online Makes One Very Lazy. Am An Example See Why. / With These 4 Qualities You Are Not Going Job Hunting Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.