Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title (5890 Views)

Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by dammybravo(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2013

Nadal clinched his 8th clay title out of 12 grand slams title, did so by defeating fellow Spaniard 6-3 6-2 6-3 in straight sets, becoming the first man to win same major 8 different times...
Nadal has been pretty impressive after his comeback from injury, making 9finals in 9 tournaments and winning 7 out of 9, he is now 2 grand slams shy away from pete sampras 14 titles, and obviously the favorite for the two remaining grand slams of the year, which is wimbledon and Us Open...

The King of Clay reigns again.

Rafael Nadal won his eighth French Open with a straight-sets victory over David Ferrer on Sunday, giving him the record for the most wins at the event. Chris Evert was victorious seven times at Roland Garros.

Neither player appeared comfortable in the early going, but Ferrer won the first handful of games despite some misplays. Nadal quickly settled in, though, and took the first set 6-3. His momentum carried him to a 6-2 win in the second set. Nadal prevailed in the third set 6-3.

"That's more than I even can dream about," Nadal said after the match of his eighth title."He's playing unvelivable tennis," Ferrer said of Nadal after the match. He added, "I need to improve my volley. I need to finish the points from the net, and today, I didn't do it."

Nadal won his first French Open in 2005, then successfully defended his title through 2009, when he lost to Robin Soderling in the fourth round. Nadal regained the title in 2010 and kept it through this year. With his 12th grand slam singles title, he trails Roger Federer, who has 17. Margaret Court holds the record for the most wins at a single grand slam event. She won the Australian Open 11 times from 1960-73.
http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/52148421
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
Congratulations !!!

I no watch am sha, and I don't know Nadal, but I just like the name. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

................................... ....... ................. ... .............................

First of all I want to Say a big thank you to the Oga of nairaland, then Airtel for their 19gig Blessing, next in line to receive thanks is Tecno for the N3 Blessing.
Not forgetting the OP, and all other ogas at the borttorm! grin

2 Likes

Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Odunharry(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
congrats to him
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Chidave20(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
Congrats d muscle man 4rm Mallorca.u r indeed my favorite tennis player nd indeed d king of clay..lukin foward 2u topplin pete sampras nd mayb Roger 4rm d all time grand slam winners...a tough ask bt u hv age in ur syd 2do it..pop somtn bro...
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Mopolchi: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
4th to comment. Nadal am happy for you.
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by DrAbbey1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
Its Nadal again
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by DrAbbey1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
After watching his last semi final game against Djokovic that lasted close to 5 hours, I just saw him winning. He is fast and fit. He is just too superb. Congrats Nadal. I don port from Federer...#roger that#
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by ShackAttack: 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
Straight sets in 12 matches! Amazing!
He showed pace, determination, defended his (what I will now call 'personal') title with ease.
Rapa Nadal, congrats.
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by alexy147(m): 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
7 wins in 9 tournaments..wooooooooow!! Congrats the King of clay....
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
Rooted for him and Serena at the start of the championship. I'm glad they both won. Next is wimbledon! #VamosNadal
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Florena(f): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
Congrats nadal, always d champion
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Opey4luv(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Congrats Nadal, am very sure CR7 will be jumping wherever he is right now.
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by 50calibre(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hmm straight sets, ferrer never stood a chance, nadal's is just too aggressive for him
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by kamez(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
I watch small sha.... But I only watched it because boredom wan kill me for house.. Lawn tennis sucks.. I miss EPL oooooooooo
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Florena(f): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
physise: BIG FOOL
I'm telling you....
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
TEAM NADAL cool
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by AbuMikey(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Like I said yesterday,Nadal Remains my Greatest player in the Tennis World.! #TeamNadal
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by Chimerase(m): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2013

Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by supaeagles(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
dirtymoney:
another mentally reta...rd** fellow.
and you sef come go quote the whole nonsense..... undecided (i still press 'like' for your post sha)
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by dubenc13: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Rafael Garros congrats man!
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by buchai: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Congrats Nadal, ur my favourite. King of clay i didnt hear d result of u and Djokovic at d semi final i was hoping n praying dat u made at d final stage of French open just like Serena William u even surprised me by winning it u have eased my mental state a lot on ur behalf congrats once again.
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by metti(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin grin grin
dammybravo:

Nadal clinched his 8th clay title out of 12 grand slams title, did so by defeating fellow Spaniard 6-3 6-2 6-3 in straight sets, becoming the first man to win same major 8 different times...
Nadal has been pretty impressive after his comeback from injury, making 9finals in 9 tournaments and winning 7 out of 9, he is now 2 grand slams shy away from pete sampras 14 titles, and obviously the favorite for the two remaining grand slams of the year, which is wimbledon and Us Open...

http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/52148421
Nadal will always be my man. He will rule again and again and...............................
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by fuckluv(f): 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Yeah!!! I said it! Up nadal! kiss kiss
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by zylla(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Dr.Abbey:
After watching his last semi final game against Djokovic that lasted close to 5 hours, I just saw him winning. He is fast and fit. He is just too superb. Congrats Nadal. I don port from Federer...#roger that#

Don't port from Roger, they have different playing tactics and surfaces.
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by cunlekkk(m): 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
MY LOVE N PASSION 4 NADAL NO B SMALL. Forza Nadal
Re: Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title by jaygem(m): 7:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
He's Back !!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cortana Predicts Argentina To Beat Germany / Finest Footballer:- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi Gets A New Haircut See (photos) / Bukola Babes Sold For N150m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.