Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! (2118 Views)

Guess What?, I Won The 2013 Nollywood Movie Spoof Design Competition \(^_^)/ / My Nollywood Spoof Competition Entry+few Of My Design Works / Nollywood Movie Spoof: The Nigerian Movie Parody Contest For Graphic Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! by spywareczar(m): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
http://www.sodasandpopcorn.com/2013/05/20/nollywood-spoof-competition-is-back/

M.Y: Hey guys!!! How are you all doing this evening. I am so excited today. You know why?

Leslie: Because I am here with all my awesomeness?

M.Y: Awesome kini? Abegi shift jare!!! It’s that time of the year again. The Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!!

Leslie: Last year was so awesome. I mean check out the few entries from last year we have posted in here.

M.Y: So Leslie, as the organizer of this event, tell us a few things about the event.

Leslie: So, basically, The Nollywood Movie Spoof is an annual contest of parody & spoof designs done by amazing designers all-over Nigeria (and the world), making light jokes at Nollywood movies and its famous celebs. It is sometimes taken beyond Nollywood celebs but….

M.Y: Seriously, it’s all jokes and laughs here.

Leslie: Yeah, we don’t want no lawsuits or people walking up to us in the streets like it’s our fault or anything.

M.Y: No guys seriously…it’s just jokes.

Leslie: Okay?

M.Y: Okay…Seriously.Its.All.Just.Jokes

Leslie: So basically, the Competition started like most terrible ideas; among friends. We all shared a clear distaste for the quality of many Nollywood movies.

M.Y: We figured if they couldn’t listen to us when we spoke, then they’d listen better when we designed. The competition is just 2 years old and last year we had well over 40 entries.

Leslie: So this time we’re trying to make it bigger. Here’s the catch. Turn on your laptop, Double Click on your favorite Adobe Designing tool, Take a poster, make a Nollywood spin of it, and be creative about it. Impress us with wit, awesomeness, and a few clicks and drags.

M.Y: It’s really not too much to ask for, is it?

Leslie: So the big question is this: How do I enter the Competition right? Simple. Follow the link. https://www.facebook.com/TheNollywoodSpoof Then Like the page(if you no like am, OYO) and submit your application

M.Y: Application? Is it JAMB. LOL. Submit your designs and invite your friends to like the page and like your design. The event runs from June 23rd 2013 to August 4th. So that’s six weeks of pure fun, laffs and unbridled raw creativity.

Leslie: But then, I just thought of this. It also helps to promote designers and puts them in a better light thus promoting their business. Some of the feedback we got were pretty amazing, some of the celebs contacted some of these designers. It’s really beautiful when stuff like that happens.

M.Y: Some of these works shouldn’t be on here as spoofs alone. These are the guys who will revolutionize a lot of things in Nollywood.

So yeah. Get creative, put on your thinking caps…

Leslie: Better still, put on your laptops. Thinking caps won’t design the posters.

M.Y: The people know what I meant…

Leslie: Just had to put it out there…

M.Y: Put on your…laptops and get to designing.

Anyways Here are a few examples of the kind of stuff we’re expecting so you know to come correct. Feel me?

M.Y: Like Braille brother. Like Braille. And to view a full gallery of previous years entries, follow this link: http://pinterest.com/alphaknight/pixel-ninjas-nollywood-spoof/ .

Leslie: The event is organized byPixel Ninjas Guild and proudly supported by Sodas & Popcorn and Eventiso....

bellow are some entries submitted in last year's competition

Re: Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! by lightheart(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Rugged and friendly to the eyes!
I love where this is leading.
Nice 1!

*dials Ramsey's number*
Re: Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! by spywareczar(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
lightheart: Rugged and friendly to the eyes!
I love where this is leading.
Nice 1!

*dials Ramsey's number*
tnx man, u can make one too and submit, its gon be fun,
Re: Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! by fbistarship(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2013
this is awesome smiley
Re: Nollywood Movie Spoof Competition is back!!! by spywareczar(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
gentle men, start your laptops grin

(1) (Reply)

3D Animation Of A Living Room Interior / Wall Drape Design / Register For Digital Video Editing And Motion Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.