Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living (14893 Views)

UNILAG Students Vs Nigerian Politicians / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / UNILAG Students Protest High Food Prices, Shut Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Tunbolity(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Nawtipet: Na By Force To Go School?
Na By Force To Chop Indomie?
Wena No Go Contribute Money Buy Bag Of Rice And Other Things? Must U Buy Food One-By-One? Learn To Buy In Bulk... It Lasts Longer!
What a silly and warped comment so,because they're in school,they should succumb to cheating and exploitation?You had better said such sellers should leave the campus environment
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by mrfarouq(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Wena No Go Contribute Money Buy Bag Of Rice And Other Things? Must U Buy Food One-By-One? Learn To Buy In Bulk... It Lasts Longer!
are u sick ? Do u knw hw life is inside skul ,
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by talk2hb1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Who is to be blame now?
The school charging exorbitantly for rent or the shop owner trying to recoup their investment?
In the not too far history of UNILAG, we heard their use to be a market where things are subsidised For students. Where students can feed to their fill with just 70 naira, clamouring for the nostalgic period.
Greatest AKOKITE!!!!
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Melancholy(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
It seems most federal universities no longer interested in students right.
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by decepticos(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Correct me if i'm wrong, i believe its the same case around every university.
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
born2fuckpussy: no graduate for your family ni abi na senge una dey use?
ajayioluwatobi: fool
dplomaticVal:

It's obvious that
Common sense eludes
you undecided u mustn't expose
your dirty linen in public!!
ochukoccna:
What a dumb reaction
I'm sure you are an uneducated twit cheesy
In saner climes,students enjoy discounted prices on purchases, transportation, accomodation etc
The school tries to maximise your comfort as much as possible
In Nigeria,we milk them as ca$h cow$ undecided and spit in their faces
SlyIg:

you wey no even pass jamb yet d talk this? No be you wey score 95 for jamb?

The other time you were insulting moderators that are not even your age mates on with a senseless thread.

Always check your age before you think of insulting people. You're just too small for this character you have.
SlyIg: don't mind this little insulting girl. She just wrote her first jamb and failed! A child of 16years old.
Tunbolity: What a silly and warped comment so,because they're in school,they should succumb to cheating and exploitation?You had better said such sellers should leave the campus environment
mrfarouq: are u sick ? Do u knw hw life is inside skul ,
You can insult me all u want... Bt av this in mind: "I am better than all of you in EVERYTHING"

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Omen100(m): 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2013

I understood were u are coming from & its so pathetically bad that you are intellectually bankrupt due to the sexual abused you suffered from neighbour's brother's sister's boyfriend's friend at the age 5 to the extend that you are now in need of a global deliverance, whereby the likes of Pst. Chris, Rev. Okotie, bishop. Oyedepo & others will be lying their hands on you for perpetual deliverance from your ignorance.
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
Omen100:

I understood were u are coming from & its so pathetically bad that you are intellectually bankrupt due to the sexual abused you suffered from neighbour's brother's sister's boyfriend's friend at the age 5 to the extend that you are now in need of a global deliverance, whereby the likes of Pst. Chris, Rev. Okotie, bishop. Oyedepo & others will be lying their hands on you for perpetual deliverance from your ignorance.
Thank u... Continue wif d insults...

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Reyspin(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
I tot dey use to bragre to be d richest and classier than oda studentz... Here they are protesting for N10 pure water...

3 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by anitank(f): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Reyspin: I tot dey use to bragre to be d richest and classier than oda studentz... Here they are protesting for N10 pure water...
LOL
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by olagamalin(m): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
jmoore: N10 per sachet water in Aba too. The protest makes no sense!!!
. Cre.Tin....its no fault of ours that you chose to be docile...."The man dies in he who keeps silent -Wole Soyinka"
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by olagamalin(m): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
decepticos: Correct me if i'm wrong, i believe its the same case around every university.
I disagree Sir.... Standard of Living @ OAU is far better, the foodsellers dare not mess with AWO BOYS!!
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by kourhage: 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
Were is your Student Union Government. Here in Ahmadu Bello Zaria the Student Representative Council Regulates the prices of things and any shop that cells above the price stated by the council is locked up and they have to pay a fine and promise to sell based on the prompt price.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by stalyf(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abali1: When we were in school, Cost of Living was very affordable. I guess the present Akokites are paying the pricee of a Weak or Ineffective Student Union Govt.
When ULSU be ULSU, who born those business outfit to cheat students.

We don't practise SUG presently
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Godson201333(m): 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo: Huh? Dint aristo pay again?

I spend over N5,000,000.00004 cash on this unilag babes every weak and their still complaning??!?

Ok, is time to move to LASU babes. their more contented and their price is more chipper! angry angry angry

So you self dey always follow Amina and new hostel babes na wa oo
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Whizkeey(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Come take banana its free... Girls only pls
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by decepticos(m): 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
olagamalin: I disagree Sir.... Standard of Living @ OAU is far better, the foodsellers dare not mess with AWO BOYS!!
i know FUTA for one has a similar problem, common with the sales persons around the school.
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by stalyf(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
kourhage: Were is your Student Union Government. Here in Ahmadu Bello Zaria the Student Representative Council Regulates the prices of things and any shop that cells above the price stated by the council is locked up and they have to pay a fine and promise to sell based on the prompt price.

we hsve no sug
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
See ur life? U r so educated yet u can't comprehend! Thought they were protesting the cost of living on campus? God help us
druid06: If education is expensive, try ignorance.
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo: Huh? Dint aristo pay again?

I spend over N5,000,000.00004 cash on this unilag babes every weak and their still complaning??!?

Ok, is time to move to LASU babes. their more contented and their price is more chipper! angry angry angry
bros I dey see you for banana island with sweet bebs and ice cream laps you're always wit aliko dangoti.. I even saw u laswick wit gudlock .
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by bolakale30(m): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
We have no SUG ! the school authority is responsible for the exorbitant fee the sellers charge, I spoke to a food vendor and when she told me how much they pay for rents and electricity... I was stunned... that was why the protest was directed to the school hierarchy ! all sellers are placed on an indefinite ban until further notice !
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Rossikk(m): 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
JobManagers: Na richman school you enter now

Abi? Unilag na big boys' school. cool How the guy dey complain of extra 10 naira hike? cool You sure say no be LASU students be dat? grin
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by tallfish145(m): 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Let their SUG leaders go and ask former SUG president of Fed poly ede how to fight for d students and win any injustices on d students of Unilag!
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by chessguru1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
anitank: they would keep quiet when they go to UNIPORT
Dem neva see nating yet!!
Tell dem make dem ask how much mama abuja or madam furo dey sell dia tiny eba and tablet meat for uniport. angry
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by josgolf(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
lol,1 cup of GARRI in UNN is N100
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1319796/unilagstudents-protest-high-cost-ofliving

Original post with details picture of student on the scene. Y didn't it get to fp before this one here, mod na wah oooo
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
anitank: they would keep quiet when they go to UNIPORT
If its expensive in Uniport no problem. But here in lagos where you have the companies that produce the consumeble goods @close sight, you don't xpect the prices to be higher. Compare to uniport where you have to transport some of these goods from Lag to PH
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by kunleee(m): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
please guys, anyone with vital info about unilag PGDE (the fee,full or pt, etc) would be appreciated.thnks guys in advance.. Their website is not comprehensive enough.
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by beatricewebb: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Prio to this protest,I hardly eat on campus because of how costly the food were,expecially that fat yellow woman at marie rie her food is hell expensive and she doesn't care she uses one mitsubishi car,dey have enriched their self at the detriment of student,UNILAG STUDENT wake up
Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by beatricewebb: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Prior to this protest,I hardly eat on campus because of how costly the food were,expecially that fat yellow woman at marie rie her food is hell expensive and she doesn't care she uses one mitsubishi car,dey have enriched their self at the detriment of student,UNILAG STUDENT wake up

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living by beatricewebb: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
kunleee: please guys, anyone with vital info about unilag PGDE (the fee,full or pt, etc) would be appreciated.thnks guys in advance.. Their website is not comprehensive enough.

Can't u hear that foods are expensive?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SSANU Suspends Its Week-long Strike / Fire Guts Dangote Female Hostel At Kano State University Of Science And Technolo / Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.