Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle (4120 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / UK Court To Rule On Divorce Case Between Nigerian Oil Tycoon And British Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by AjanleKoko: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2013
If you don hammer, better work out a prenup if you wanna get married grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2013
dayokanu:
if Murray was not caught and brought in the proceeds of the crime the Wife has a right to split it right?

Or if the Bank manager was not caught the wife has a right to the money, but whenever he is caught she doesnt have a right to the jailterm

stop moving the goal post.......if the wife was showered with money from crime proceeds then, everything acquired with such money will be confiscated. the only crime the wife would have done is spending money that was gained unlawfully from her partner. she may get a lesser charge of profiting from crime proceeds, unless she was physically there to rob the banks etc

the jail term WILL always be for the person who COMMITS the actual crime, no one else! if i foolishly think the way you guys do, then we should also send their children to jail too, right?! bwaaaah!

Bawss1:
Apples and oranges now.

You now agree that the actions of the man in his business are unrelated to his responsibilies as a husband because here a crime has been committed and it comes with punitive consequencies?

This whole settlement thing is one of the issues we have to live with unless something is done about it. It's just like gay marriage, that the law endorses it doesn't stop it from being an aberration.

again trying to attach words on my person that i did NOT write, lol! the actions of ANY man in his line of work are related to his responsibilities/duties towards his family. however a man decides to make a living is HIS business (so long as it aint against the LAW/illegal), and this action cannot be quantified against what his partner is bringing to the family table.

the minute someone does a CRIME, then he/she is jeopardizing the wellbeing of that said family, and thus it is wrong on ALL FRONT. many partners may overlook such action but it doesnt change the fact that this is WRONG!!!! so keep on talking about nonsense like crimes and wrongful act (as you wish) but this is completely irrelevant to marriage and the separation of WEALTH/DEBTS that this said family generated.

the fact that you guys are saying what you are saying makes me understand that you are just BITTER, rather than thinking with an open mind. ultimately, no wonder many silly women think children are THEIRS simply because they spent most time caring and raising these said children. NONSENSE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER from deluded people!

drnoel:
U are forgetting legal fees plus fees for trying the case. Since he is the richer one the bill goes to him (shakes head)

thats a PRICELESS F A I L like no other!

@Dayokanu
feast your eyes on Mrs Peters OR Mrs Vargas in the line of duty:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by vivianc(f): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2013
AjanleKoko: If you don hammer, better work out a prenup if you wanna get married grin

grin grin As a confirmed igbo chick, I just punched my calculaTor To deTermine The naira equivalent. Chei........... I feel like ...........

But seriously, every partnership needs To draw up a parTnership deed. In the absence any parTnership deep, The law sTates That the profits and losses should be shared equally.

Hehehehehhehe, ladies and gents, pls draw up a prenup if you deem it necessary.

The wife deserves whaT she goT, and even more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2013
vivianc:

grin grin As a confirmed igbo chick, I just punched my calculaTor To deTermine The naira equivalent. Chei........... I feel like ...........

But seriously, every partnership needs To draw up a parTnership deed. In the absence any parTnership deep, The law sTates That the profits and losses should be shared equally.

Hehehehehhehe, ladies and gents, pls draw up a prenup if you deem it necessary.

The wife deserves whaT she goT, and even more.
gbam
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by vivianc(f): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2013
@MBJ: I don't like you..... But good job.
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 19, 2013
^^ i certainly do not come on NL for popularity contest, as my views will offend quite a few, but thanks!
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by vivianc(f): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^ i certainly do not come on NL for popularity contest, as my views will offend quite a few, but thanks!

Nah, I'm not one of the "few" ur views offend. The sky is large enough, don't you think so? But your rudeness precedes you, u are welcome anyway.
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by AjanleKoko: 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
"Marriage has proven to be the second most favoured female occupation after prostitution.
And the frequency of unwanted sexual intercourse is higher in marriage than in rape"

- Bertrand Russell wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Shinatu: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
I do not know how super rich people run their homes,but at my level, it would be unfair for my male colleagues to think that thier wives do not contribute to whatever wealth they have.
They pick up thier bags to go anywhere in the world at any notice, short or long without thinking of the homefront, some cant even pack thier bags without forgeting tooth paste/brush, soap or underwears.The wife does all that.
Some even have equally qualified wives who they have told before marriage that they will not allow to do some demanding jobs becaue of the homefront.

Not to talk of the endless social demands of the inlaws.
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Bawss1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
AjanleKoko: "Marriage has proven to be the second most favoured female occupation after prostitution.
And the frequency of unwanted sexual intercourse is higher in marriage than in rape"

- Bertrand Russell wink

cheesy

The second line must be the occupational hazards, no?
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Bawss1(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ MBJ

A question albeit tangential

In the picture you put up, do you really believe that a millionaire's wife cooked, cleaned, breastfed or maybe fed the kids everyday for the period of their marriage without any hired help? Like seriously?
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by armyofone(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
help him with treatment for his sore, kiss him, love him, great meals for him, great s.ex after his fights any style . . . many more to do grin

dayokanu: This is Samuel Peters in his line of duty making money.

How much support of this does Mrs Peter support him to deserve half of his wealth

[img]http://thebluecorner.files./2008/11/samuelpeter1.jpg[/img]

Or Mr Vargas below

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by AjanleKoko: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
Bawss1:

cheesy

The second line must be the occupational hazards, no?

Bros,
Before the feminists come after me . . . na Bertrand Russell talk am oh. And he's dead anyways so . . . tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Bawss1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
chaircover:

yes!! certainly the naija millionaire will prefer his wife to cook for him and certainly breasst feed their babies tongue

the cleaning; yes I concede that a cleaner would have done that, but she would have still supervised.

The picture would have us believe that the wife is the long suffering labour-laden home keeper, whereas in reality she is more or less like the typical modern wife with the key difference being her ability to hire more than enough help to do the chores. The image is just a comical over stretch of the stereotype.
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Bawss1(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Shinatu:
I do not know how super rich people run their homes,but at my level, it would be unfair for my male colleagues to think that thier wives do not contribute to whatever wealth they have.
They pick up thier bags to go anywhere in the world at any notice, short or long without thinking of the homefront, some cant even pack thier bags without forgeting tooth paste/brush, soap or underwears.The wife does all that.
Some even have equally qualified wives who they have told before marriage that they will not allow to do some demanding jobs becaue of the homefront.

Not to talk of the endless social demands of the inlaws.

A wife's contribution to family wealth in instances where she did not directly participate in the family business is on the same level with that of a teacher who contributes to his student that runs a successful business.
The hornet's nest is stirred when one attempts to monetize that contribution and I feel that is fundamentally wrong.
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Bawss1: @ MBJ

A question albeit tangential

In the picture you put up, do you really believe that a millionaire's wife cooked, cleaned, breastfed or maybe fed the kids everyday for the period of their marriage without any hired help? Like seriously?

she probably wont cook and clean but only SUPERVISE the cooking and cleaning......on the other hand, the question you should ask IS: if this very smart billionaire can pay for a maid, a cook, a cleaner and what not, then why would he get married to this woman (since you believe that she didnt play an important role in his life)?!

Bawss1: A wife's contribution to family wealth in instances where she did not directly participate in the family business is on the same level with that of a teacher who contributes to his student that runs a successful business.
The hornet's nest is stirred when one attempts to monetize that contribution and I feel that is fundamentally wrong.

thats because you believe that this family business was the most important feature of this family, above his children's wellbeing etc......completely dismissing the fact that going home to a "peaceful and safe" environment is part of the reason why he could deal with the family business the way he did. many dont have this luxury and suffer for it. i mean how can you concentrate on your business when you have home family issues bothering you?

we can clearly understand where you are failing, believing that the family business is/was the MOST IMPORTANT possession in this family. when i can tell you for certain that THEIR CHILDREN are/were the most important feature of this family...... thus, this is what must be taken into consideration when SHARING the family wealth!
Re: Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle by Shinatu: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2013
Bawss1:

A wife's contribution to family wealth in instances where she did not directly participate in the family business is on the same level with that of a teacher who contributes to his student that runs a successful business.

The teacher gets paid abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Incest Situationship At Home. / Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC / Boyfriend Spends So Much Money On Stay-at-home Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.