Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? (14285 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by HotPotato(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
babyosisi: If you don't make as much,I hope you have muscles to pound it the way I like it,yam I mean

The ugu is still waiting to be plucked and sliced cool cool
Junior's diapers need to be changed afterwards
A basket of laundry awaits too
Whatever you don't make in money,you must compensate by house duties
You gat to show your manhood in other ways
Shikena

That's it, because one way or the other, you'd still remind the man that those shirts he goes out were bought by you. No man would want to take this, so the trouble starts.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
damiso:

Sums it up for me but the bolded is where most marriages tends to have issues. As a man too you don't have to keep reminding your wife that you pay all the bills. She knows so its not necessary to be reciting like an anthem all the time.

lol
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by damiso(f): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

lol
Yes naa grin grin grin grin some men too will keep singing"I pay all the bills" like an anthem
If you are not married to a lazy unappreciative wife, of course she knows.You dont have to keep reminding her.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by chikeorji123(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
toofine765: In my organization most of the single ladies take home a minimum of 200,000 naira monthly, go to banks the same thing is obtainable. It will therefore be very difficult for this ladies to say they will marry men who are richer than them except they want to marry their colleagues which is also not allowed. I personally earn more than my man but it has never been an issue. He works very hard as a construction engineer and still gives me monthly allowance for the upkeep of the family. I keep my money but also contribute greatly to family projects. Who contributes more has never been an issue because I know I am just privileged to be working where I am. By the way I got the job while married to him. I performs my duties as a wife and mother perfectly and my husband sees me as a gift from above. My advice to ladies who earn more than their men is that they should not let the present situation get into their heads as the tables can turn around tomorrow.

God bless u my sister..may good Lord give you more grace and wisdom to enjoin ur marriage to the fullness.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by chikeorji123(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
toofine765: The world is now liberal, gone are those days when women use to stay at home to take care of children. Once a woman is educated, there is every possibility that she gets a good job and there is no law that say the man must earn more when the both start woman. The woman might just be better favored out there. Maintaining the right attitude is just what should count .

U have fans already..Humility counts most!
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by toofine765: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2013
chikeorji123:

God bless u my sister..may good Lord give you more grace and wisdom to enjoin ur marriage to the fullness.

Lol, Very many thanks. The good Lord will also increase you on all sides.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Shinatu: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
I just wonder how a woman will go out and sweet it out to pay School fees, house rent, put food on the table, buys chlothes (for those with growing Children, that can be a huge budget), social obligation and you say it should not 'get into her head'? that she should remain sweet and nice and still carry out her 'duties'? Is it ahuman being we are talking about or 'Super woman'.

Even the men that have the responsibility of providing for the household will not let you rest with their 'do you thing i am plucking money from a tree' attitude, they move in the house like Masters and feel the least you could do is serve them for all the financial load they are carrying but you want the woman to carry the same load and be sweet, humble and nice.

Make you no go look for work, or if you are a young man, start to chanel your energy to productivity and develop skills that will enable you cater for your family

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by biolabee(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Shinatu: I just wonder how a woman will go out and sweet it out to pay School fees, house rent, put food on the table, buys chlothes (for those with growing Children, that can be a huge budget), social obligation and you say it should not 'get into her head'? that she should remain sweet and nice and still carry out her 'duties'? Is it ahuman being we are talking about or 'Super woman'.

Even the men that have the responsibility of providing for the household will not let you rest with their 'do you thing i am plucking money from a tree' attitude, they move in the house like Masters and feel the least you could do is serve them for all the financial load they are carrying but you want the woman to carry the same load and be sweet, humble and nice.

Make you no go look for work, or if you are a young man, start to chanel your energy to productivity and develop skills that will enable you cater for your family
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by 99cent: 4:18am On Jun 20, 2013
shymexx: This is definitely not an ideal situation. Any man that finds himself in this scenario needs to be thick-skinned because the woman will make life unbearable for him. She won't respect him as a man regardless of the feelings and how emotionally attached she's to the man.

I don't wish this on my worst enemy, to be honest. Give woman power and she'll abuse it.

so maybe this will show you what women have been enduring for ages. lack of respect, cheating, belittling husbands who make life unbearable for the wife because she is dependent on him for money.
women have been enduring this for ages. so what's d big deal?

I say both husband and wife should treat each other with love and respect regardless of who makes more money. gbam

3 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2013
99cent:

I say both husband and wife should treat each other with love and respect regardless of who makes more money. gbam

Well said!
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Shinatu: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2013
99cent:

That is how it should be. The reason it is difficult for the men to do may be the same reason it is difficult for the woman too, it is not the case of 'women misusing power' if it is that, it means the men are the masters in the 'misuse of power' or that women are human beings after all!
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by bamboke(f): 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
But what if the man has decided not to do anything? He decides he wants to go for a course and she in the bid to help him back on his feet pays about 50k monthly for the course. He gets angry at slightest instances and doesn't like that the wife chips in a word at all. They both spend her money and she denies herself of some things cos of he but he doesn't appreciate. What do you say about this?
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Shinatu: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2013
bamboke: But what if the man has decided not to do anything? He decides he wants to go for a course and she in the bid to help him back on his feet pays about 50k monthly for the course. He gets angry at slightest instances and doesn't like that the wife chips in a word at all. They both spend her money and she denies herself of some things cos of he but he doesn't appreciate. What do you say about this?

He will never appreciate it, very few do, from history, it has never been appreciated, wives have worked in time past to support thier husbands schooling overseas in the times of our mothers, only for them to come back and marry second wives,
'She denies herself of some things' what he expects is for her to deny herself of all things for him to be comfortable and never say a word- that would be the 'good' wife.

They expect from you, things they will/can never do. ...just ask for grace!

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by deols(f): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
bamboke: But what if the man has decided not to do anything? He decides he wants to go for a course and she in the bid to help him back on his feet pays about 50k monthly for the course. He gets angry at slightest instances and doesn't like that the wife chips in a word at all. They both spend her money and she denies herself of some things cos of he but he doesn't appreciate. What do you say about this?

this one get as e be o.

The worst of the lot are the insecure ones. He definitely knows what the wife does, sees her sacrifices but doesnt want to admit it for fears of appearing sissy.

If she asks to be appreciated, he says she is flaunting her wealth. Let her just deal with it.

Do it for God's sake and look up to Him for your reward.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
As far as he doesn't reduce himself to irrelevance in the home and job hunting. Only a wicked fellow would sit back and allow the wife work herself to death and still demand she kills herself with home chores. The husband has become mess and feed, abi how does dayo say it? Lol

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Olaone1: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
deols:

this one get as e be o.

The worst of the lot are the insecure ones. He definitely knows what the wife does, sees her sacrifices but doesnt want to admit it for fears of appearing sissy.

If she asks to be appreciated, he says she is flaunting her wealth. Let her just deal with it.

Do it for God's sake and look up to Him for your reward.
Deols baby wink wink
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by CHIMSKY(m): 7:55am On Jul 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Unless d wife is not a responsible one,normal family life continues.
I know of a lady in shell,PH.d hubby was somewhere in anambra working too.hubby has to stop cos her own was juicier than his.they tot that he can easily get work in PH with her connection.one month,one year,two yrs.in b/w a car,two cars and a plot of land.we knew cos we were close to them.this man is such a very neat man so he is always cooking,arrangin d house and washing.one day we saw d man dryin some private stuff.we joked with it and d lady told d hubby"shebi I told u to stop all these,u r really embarasin me and pple will think I send u work"
She has to fight seriously to secure a contract job for him.d woman don't know how to drive when she bot d first car.she learn with d 2nd.I learnt a lot from her.
it only requires an understandin man and woman.period.
Forget all these "Superstories".If as a man u no longer have money,u r bleeped.Big time.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2013
kreami diva: Ok.my father in-law suddenly resigns from his job without telling anyone.my mother in-law a nurse, carries d entire family on her shoulders,training all 5 kids in school,clothing and feeding dem n father in-law,instead if being grateful is busy carrying women up and down,and even throwing it in mother in-law's face.it takes patience,understanding,perseverance,humility and above all love to handle this kinda situation.
This right here is why women behave the way they do. If you truly love your wife and you don't hurt her, of course she would treat you like a king and who earns what will be inconsequential. Nigerian women are not as monstrous as you make them out to be.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by tpia5: 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Good question
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by bukatyne(f): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
I guess men are scared about women's reaction because of the way they behaved in times past wink
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by MrAboki: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
effisyman: Husbands generally are expected to be responsible for the family upkeep, feeding,school fees, clothing and Rents to mention a few.

But, in a situation where the wife shoulder most of this responsibilities if not all, Maybe due to the fact that she earns more or her business brings more profit.

Men generally may not be comfortable with these,as exerting your powers as the man of the house may be jeopardise, and the woman may also be full of ego and pride.

How do one cope or behave if you are in these situation?

My wife earns more than I do.. But I pay all the bills in the house Including hers. I dont control her expenses or spending habit, but shes a well raised woman and knows that just because her gross income is higher than mine, does not make her get any more powers around the house.

How to cope with it?

ANSWER: Marry a good woman. Thats all.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by bukatyne(f): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
theripper3:

Some women are just too "Godly" or submissive to a fault, say women like our mother's era but this present crop of Blackberry babes and Brazilian hair go use mouth finish the man sef, the house go b like ghost town to am sef.

U no dey hear words like " u no see the new car tade buy for him wife" ?
How many hours u wan sleep in a day sef?
Ogechi go spend summer for "rondon" o, na him husband sponsor the whole trip.
I dey suffer too much for dis house sef, na 2 pple work I carry for head, na me first marry?

Hahahahahahaahhha

She is carrying two people's load if she had to go to work and still do house chores when her husband is at home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria / Happy Mother's Day. What Will You Give To Your Mom Today? / ‘My Husband Calls Me Barren”, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.