Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld (1077 Views)

Important Factors That Will Make Your Website Redesign Process A Success / Web Designer Wanted. We Want To Redesign The Website / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld by docjuli(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2013
You have probably heard of LAGbook, one of Africa’s then largest growing social networks.

LAGbook was built by the Nwaogu brothers in April 2010 while studying at the University of Lagos, which grew and reached a million registered members on March 2013. This twin brothers are now back with TagWorld.

According to Chika, one of the brothers, ‘my twin and I will be redesigning the look and feel of TagWorld from scratch… and… will be working with GROU.PS on TagWorld as its Designers’. ‘After thereabout six hours of synergy, my twin and I have completed the first round of design for TagWorld. Now, everything is looking good, just the way it should, and the exciting part is that more is coming because our fingers are itching…’

‘LAGbook was developed on the GROU.PS social groupware platform, and they say that we have built extensively on their platform, showcasing the full potential of what their platform can do’ says Chidi, ‘and according to an August 2011 Techcrunch article, Emre Sokullu, the founder of GROU.PS said that we inspired GROU.PS 2.0. I guess they love what we did with LAGbook, and they want us to do same with TagWorld’.

In 2005, American serial entrepreneurs Freud Krueger and Evan Rifkin created Myspace rival social network TagWorld. TagWorld’s fast growth was reported on Mashable, Gigaom, Techcrunch, PC Magazine, and CNet. On March 12, 2006, Techcrunch announced that TagWorld had reached a million members, and received $7.5 million in funding. In 2008, MTV Networks dived into the social networking space by acquiring TagWorld as the growth of the social network continued. In 2010, American social groupware platform GROU.PS acquired TagWorld.

On May 22, 2013, GROU.PS hired Nigerian computer programmers Chidi and Chika Nwaogu to redesign TagWorld from scratch. According to Mehmet Emek, an engineer at GROU.PS, ‘We look forward to new designs and updates for TagWorld from [the brothers]‘.

http://techmoran.com/2013/06/13/nigerias-lagbook-twins-bounce-back-as-mtv-hires-them-to-redesign-tagworld/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
It's either you are lying or you are out of your senses. Your thread title says MTV has hired the twins. Your body message says GROU.PS has hired them.

If they were unable to develop LagBook from scratch and instead used a framework, how will they develop something similar from scratch for the company that developed from scratch the framework they used to develop lagbook?
Re: Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld by docjuli(m): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It's either you are lying or you are out of your senses. Your thread title says MTV has hired the twins. Your body message says GROU.PS has hired them.

If they were unable to develop LagBook from scratch and instead used a framework, how will they develop something similar from scratch for the company that developed from scratch the framework they used to develop lagbook?

Oh, sorry that was not me. Copied and pasted as it reads: http://techmoran.com/2013/06/13/nigerias-lagbook-twins-bounce-back-as-mtv-hires-them-to-redesign-tagworld/

Pele ooo.
Re: Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld by greenmouse(m): 11:17am On Jun 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It's either you are lying or you are out of your senses. Your thread title says MTV has hired the twins. Your body message says GROU.PS has hired them.

I wonder oh
Re: Nigeria’s Lagbook Twins Bounce Back | As MTV Hires Them To Redesign Tagworld by Slyr0x: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
These Lagbook guys and their propaganda. .

First, they came up with this lie & got busted : Lagbook Acquires Top-level Domain Name Naijabook [dot] Com For $10,000 USD

Then they spinned another tales by moonlight story here : America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000

And another one : Lagbook Reaches One Million Registered Members

Lagbook's core values definitely have to do with Lies undecided . .SMH

(1) (Reply)

Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers / Webmasters I Need $700,000,000,000 Urgently Pls. {seven Hundred Billion Dollars} / Internet Zero (Accessing Free Internet - Text Only Browsing Using Facebook Zero)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.