|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1274992 members, 1754511 topics. Date: Friday, 28 November 2014 at 06:46 AM
|Utility Operator (uto - 001) by appliedeng: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2013|
Qualification & Experience
Minimum Educational Requirements
Candidates should possess a minimum educational qualification: NABTEB in Mechanical Technology; OND Mechanical Engineering
Cognate Experience: Hands-on experience in electro-mechanical; understanding of basic physics.
OND in Mechanical Engineering with upward of 2 years experience.
Key Performance Indicators
o Availability of electricity, treated and raw H20 at all times.
o Keep accurate, up-to-date records at all times.
o Work completed within specified time by the Maintenance Engineer.
o Breakdown maintenance kept to minimum
o Proactive focus on safety (use of safety wears, apply proper safety practice
o when using tools, keep work environment Clean and safe)
o Prompt response to urgent and incidental service requests.
Technical Skills and Competences
o Good oral and written communication skills
o Good troubleshooting capability on air-conditioners.
o Problem solving skills
o General practice/technical (electro-mechanical skills)
o Good interpersonal skills
o Basic knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
o Adaptability to changing work priorities
o Knowledge of basic standardized machine operating procedures.
o Basic knowledge of electrical installations.
o Technical ability to be able to conduct preventative maintenance of equipment and carryout major and minor repairs on equipment/facilities, conduct safety tests and ensure all equipment are in good functioning state
Good knowledge of technical report writing skills
Should be aged between 25 – 35 years
• Power System Operations
• Operation and monitoring of power generators and ancillary equipment; logging of NEPA and generator data: Running hours, service of generators); periodic servicing of the generators
• Air conditioners maintenance
• Water generation and treatment (operation of borehole pumps and water treatment plant, running maintenance of water plant, periodic maintenance of equipment, logging of operation and maintenance data)
• Sewage Plant (Monitoring and operation of plant: logging of performance data: Routine maintenance)
• External water distribution (Monitoring and operation of raw water distribution equipment and distribution points: monitoring of portable water points; maintenance and records keeping)
• Sundry Duties (Assist in external environment maintenance - drainage, waste disposal, kitchen grease trap etc)
• Accept any other responsibilities as directed by the Maintenance Engineer and or Facility Manager
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 30