Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,964 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Breaking News: Manuel Pellegrini Appointed Manchester City Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Breaking News: Manuel Pellegrini Appointed Manchester City Manager (472 Views)

Manchester City Manager, Roberto Mancini Sacked At Last! / Manuel Preciado Villareal's Manager Dies Of A Heart Attack / Breaking News: Hull City Manager Phil Brown 'relieved Of Duties' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Manuel Pellegrini Appointed Manchester City Manager by musulumi(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Manuel Pellegrini has been confirmed as the new manager of Manchester City.

The 59-year-old Chilean arrives from Malaga and fills the role vacated by Italian Roberto Mancini who had been sacked by the club in May.

"I am delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity," said Pellegrini, who signed a three-year contract.

"The club has a clear vision for success both on and off the pitch and I am committed to making a significant contribution."

Pellegrini helped Malaga qualify for the Champions League during the 2011/12 season and led them to the quarter-finals of the competition.

He managed in South America before joining Spanish side Villarreal in 2004 and then Real Madrid in 2009.

What do u see to this appointment guys? Is he what the Blues really need to achieve excellence next season?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22909811
Re: Breaking News: Manuel Pellegrini Appointed Manchester City Manager by delvinmaya(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
I believe he is. I was already getting tired of the negative backwashing football played under Mancini. And he lacked man-management skills. With Pellegrini, I believe, the team will become more tactical and effective.
Re: Breaking News: Manuel Pellegrini Appointed Manchester City Manager by musulumi(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
I share d same ideology with you.Inasmuch as I like Mancini as a coach, his tactics of player management is devoid of intelligence n fail repugnancy test! This is evident in d treatment of players like Balloteli and Nasri.. However we cross our legs n see how Pelligrini correct this abnormality

(1) (Reply)

Do Chelsea Really Need Rooney... Considering Lukaku's Potential / Liverpool Vs Manchester United On Sept 1 At 1:30pm / Parachutist Lands On Pitch During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.