Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Manuel Pellegrini Unveiled As Manchester City New Boss - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manuel Pellegrini Unveiled As Manchester City New Boss (454 Views)

Jose Mourinho Is Chelsea’s New Boss / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manuel Pellegrini Unveiled As Manchester City New Boss by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
New Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has vowed to launch a twin assault on the Barclays Premier League and Champions League with free-flowing, attacking football.
The Chilean took over at the Etihad Stadium on Friday, signing a three-year contract a month after City sacked Roberto Mancini.

The former Malaga boss praised Mancini for winning the Premier League and FA Cup during his three and a half years at the club but made it clear that he will do things his way as he looks to win the league title back from rivals Manchester United.

Pellegrini's English is not bad, but when referring to Manchester United, he simply called them 'Manchester'. If he keeps that up, City fans won't be hugely impressed.

Pellegrini said: ‘I’m sure we have the best squad in the Premier League. We have wonderful players and we can reach important titles in the next three or four seasons here.

‘Manchester City also has great fans. We have everything we need to be successful next year.
‘I think that Roberto did a great job for Manchester, winning the title after 44 years but I think now we start a new cycle and style of club, adding to what Roberto has done in the last few years but I hope that we’re starting another way of playing.

‘I like attractive football, attacking football, so that all the people who come to the stadium will enjoy the way we play.

‘We are not going to be a team who will score a goal and then go back waiting for a counter-attack. We will always try to play at the opposite end of the pitch, and play attractive football.
‘I’m sure 100 per cent that I won’t have any problem being in the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2341754/Manuel-Pellegrini-unveiled-new-Manchester-City-boss-Says-best-squad-England-wants-win-Champions-League.html#ixzz2WEZB9Kx7

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Fans Point To Exit Door For Iker Casillas / Gareth And Wilshere: The Best / REAL Madrid Naija FANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.