Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best (3538 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by olahero(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
Tecno Phantom N9 Tablet
Tecno - Mobile company have
made their presence felt in Nigeria and they
are determined to go head to head with
Samsung to see that they grab their share of
the Nigerian market when it comes to
smartphones. Already, they have highjacked
lower end sales of phones from Nokia and they
are now ready to move
head on to the Smartphone battle ground as
far as Nigeria is concerned.
Recently, it was the release of
Tecno N7 that people couldn't stop talking
about due to what was packed into the
smartphone. However, they didn't stop there,
they move on to produce Tecno Phantom A
which was even more dashing than Tecno N7
due to its specifications which is twice as
better than the N7.
Now, Tecno have moved on to produce its first
Tablet known has the Tecno Phantom N9 Pad .
See the images below with more on the way
soon.
This pad is a 8 inch white sleek body tablet
running Android
Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with Kernel
version 3.4.5. Its a quad core 1.2GHz CPU
tablet with 5mp rear camera and 2.0mp front
camera.
For now, only the white version
is available. It has a silver back plat with
speakers and camera
embedded.
Below are the detailed Specifications of this
tablet and it is scheduled to be released by end
of June.
Specifications
Model: Tecno Phantom N9
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1
Network: 3G/2G
Band: GSM 900/ DCS 1800/ WCDMA 2100 MHz
Dimension: 204 x 154 x 9.9 mm
Display: 8.0 inch capacity Touch screen
Resolution: 768 x 1024
Processor: Quad Core 1.2 GHz CPU
Camera: 5.0 MP back camera and 2.0MP front
camera
Audio Format: MP3, MIDI, AMR, WAV, AAC
Video Format: MP4, 3GP, AVI
Memory: 16 GB ROM with MicroSD Slot to
expand to 32GB
RAM: 1.0 GB
Messaging and SNS: Gmail, Facebook
Connectivity: GPS, WiFi,
Bluetooth 3.0, USB, 3.5mm Earphone Jack
Battery Capacity: 4500mAh
[/lu] Talk Time:[/u] Up to 8hrs
Standby Time: Up to 500hrs
Sensor: G Sensor
SIM : Single SIM
Tentatively this device would
sell between 35 - 40k in Naira
according to my source.
Pros: Its running Android Jelly Bean, camera is
good, RAM and ROM are good and the price is
considerate
Cons: Battery life for tab should be higher,
Resolution is not HD
Verdict
Its not bad. Its going to be a welcome device
and am sure
Nigerians would by it, especially
those that want a tablet and don't want to
spend so much to get an iPad or a Samsung
Galaxy Note 8.0.

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 16, 2013
U guys need to get sense, techno gives u what u pay for

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by everyday: 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Whats all this stuff about techno.To me its one of the worst craps i have seen in the mobile tech world.Authority websites on Mobile phone technologies don't even mention techno and Nigerians are buying this cheap low quality product in thousands if not million.Wake up Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Matex(m): 12:58am On Jun 18, 2013
everyday: Whats all this stuff about techno.To me its one of the worst craps i have seen in the mobile tech world.Authority websites on Mobile phone technologies don't even mention techno and Nigerians are buying this cheap low quality product in thousands if not million.Wake up Nigeria
To my side the phone has no ploblem,TECNO is cheap good quality phone.
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by paulabdeel(m): 1:23am On Jun 18, 2013
You may say Tecno is crap and whatever in comparison with say Samsung. You may also say that the all the major tech fora do not recognize either the company or its products, the way Samsung was not recognized years back. But you cannot take away the following facts:
1. Those reviewers do not buy fones;
2. The marketting savvy of Tecno in focussing on one of the largest markets for low price fones.
3. Tecno fones meet a need. I never thought I would proudly wield a Tecno fone. But I ve been wielding an N7 proudly for 13 weeks.
4. What amount of grammar written on GSMARENA or wherever by someone not better educated than me will change my opinion about a utility that has enriched my life? This goes for the average Nigerian.
5. Apart from his vanity how would a Buggatti owner make a VW owner feel his certain.
6. I am not a brand champion, but the way some try to put down Tecno indicates that it is the brand to beat in Nigeria. If they get better, with product quality, the Nigerian market is big enough for them. Only two years back people would tell you Samsung had No resale value. It was Nokia, but is that still true today?

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by olahero(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2013
paulabdeel: You may say Tecno is crap and whatever in comparison with say Samsung. You may also say that the all the major tech fora do not recognize either the company or its products, the way Samsung was not recognized years back. But you cannot take away the following facts:
1. Those reviewers do not buy fones;
2. The marketting savvy of Tecno in focussing on one of the largest markets for low price fones.
3. Tecno fones meet a need. I never thought I would proudly wield a Tecno fone. But I ve been wielding an N7 proudly for 13 weeks.
4. What amount of grammar written on GSMARENA or wherever by someone not better educated than me will change my opinion about a utility that has enriched my life? This goes for the average Nigerian.
5. Apart from his vanity how would a Buggatti owner make a VW owner feel his certain.
6. I am not a brand champion, but the way some try to put down Tecno indicates that it is the brand to beat in Nigeria. If they get better, with product quality, the Nigerian market is big enough for them. Only two years back people would tell you Samsung had No resale value. It was Nokia, but is that still true today?
You make sense guy, TECNO is a mobile company from HongKong, they sell their products in cheeper price here in africa while others are sellinq names with product, those who doesn't have sense of smellinq can never perceive good odour, they will soon know the Tecno stand and their aims! SAMSUNG sell their PAD's from 80k above while TECNO sell their's 40k below, and those devices speaks same language, perform same operation, same quality, if they don't recognize TECNO product in GSMArena, XDAdeveloper and on does that mean they can't survive in their mission? TECNO will dominate Africa mobile market in the next 3 years to come! I am currently using TECNO N3 that i bought last year December in token amount which better some product reigninq in Africa. I LOVE TECNO ANDROID JOOR

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by rejser: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2013
The initial take on techno arose from the melding of electronic music . Software emulations of such retro technology are popular among techno producers . The best of their own knowledge . Optimal development allows a gradual reconciliation to a more realistic .

tjeklaan.dk
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Francheezy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
okk.
i wana gv out my p3 for 11k
+ 8gb sd card filled with games and apps
nd two original battery..
ROOTED AND PARTITIONED.
call .. 07062700063
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Lstar4real(m): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
Tecno D5 forsale ...a month old m in lagos contact me on whatsapp. 08136072824
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
Why are you guys putting ur phone on sale,i tought is the best in ur price spec,let me give u guys a hint,A 2010 android phone goes much better than ur said Techo A1,all u need is an extended battery,and by the way i bought A D5 out of hope from comments but regret buying any china phone unless,i have handled it perform..my 4g zlide is just A king compared to your f9 bla dish tecno....

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by enzo01(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2013
People opposing tecno product should give there views why it's not a ƍσσδ product, not just opening their mouth and spit out crap!
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 28, 2013
Theres a reason Tecno is only sold in Africa, Nigeria precisely and Ethiopia where their markets are not being monitored or regulated. Don't you think its funny that they have never ventured into Europe even though they want to make some profits. let me give yu some hints

Tecno could be jailed the day they bring their company to the European market for their Phone designs which are prototypes of Galaxy, Iphones etc. Their Phones are exact replica, doubt it? compare the DESIGN of Xperia Sp.and Phantom a+, same back cover dedign plus other phones which they copied that one begins to think the phone was a gemini

Also, Tecno.phones are rumoured to be high emitters of radioactive substances and before products are.sent to European markets, these are checked to ensure their safety for human use. China for one thing are known to be a country of pollution with smog and radioactive waste.

So, am not even surprised they chose Africa for their cheap crap, milking the average African out of his hard earned cash just because he is ignorant and foolish. Anyway, am done with this tecno talks. Yu can ride on in yur ignorance

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by psalmdave(m): 9:31am On Sep 28, 2013
1 comedian said a 2010 android fone is better than f7,what is the name of the fone?na so the sentiment don reach...The same pple u see speaking against tecno in this thread is the same pple u still see on everyother thread speakin against tecno,wen will u realise its nt worth it?
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by psalmdave(m): 9:32am On Sep 28, 2013
1 comedian said a 2010 android fone is better than f7,what is the name of the fone?na so the sentiment don reach..The same pple u see speaking against tecno in this thread is the same pple u still see on everyother thread speakin against tecno,wen will u realise its nt worth it?
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by wisemanharry: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2013
KingMEXX: Theres a reason Tecno is only sold in Africa, Nigeria precisely and Ethiopia where their markets are not being monitored or regulated. Don't you think its funny that they have never ventured into Europe even though they want to make some profits. let me give yu some hints

Tecno could be jailed the day they bring their company to the European market for their Phone designs which are prototypes of Galaxy, Iphones etc. Their Phones are exact replica, doubt it? compare the DESIGN of Xperia Sp.and Phantom a+, same back cover dedign plus other phones which they copied that one begins to think the phone was a gemini

Also, Tecno.phones are rumoured to be high emitters of radioactive substances and before products are.sent to European markets, these are checked to ensure their safety for human use. China for one thing are known to be a country of pollution with smog and radioactive waste.

So, am not even surprised they chose Africa for their cheap crap, milking the average African out of his hard earned cash just because he is ignorant and foolish. Anyway, am done with this tecno talks. Yu can ride on in yur ignorance
please i want to appeal to the owner of nairaland to stop and remove anythin that has to do with android on our precious nairaland cos this tin is getting too far now,imagine this guy now has taken d fight against tecno xo personal calling all tecno users foolish nd ignorant,m not boasting but i dont tink ure half as intellingent as my father nd elder sister who use tecno,so the factor of knowlege or wisdom is based on the fact u dnt use a tecno product?no offence but has any1 in ur family produced radio,nt to talk of android fone:.callin them foolish nd ignorant..just because of fone??by the way the crime this tecno commited was to sell thier products cheap o,goin further to say tecno is RUMOURED to have radioactivity in thier products,is there any fone on planet earth that doesnt make use of radioactivity,thats a fact the supposed intelligent and not ignorant human being does not know...pls this ur ram,rom,google play,hd games,this that,bbm dis,tecno dat,s4 dis,note 3,blah blah should be disciplined,its going tooooo farrrrrr..we that use lower end fones need peace.....nokia asha 201 thats what i use and i feel contented,wen the time is right i get an android,so y do u now want to kill urselves cos of this temporal worldy tins that wont last.......God have mercy on our generation

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by samaladyce: 10:46am On Sep 28, 2013
No be small mercy o @wiseman harry,i've been sayin this tin since nd it seems it wont come to an end,this tecno crap blah blah they all kill thier self for makes profit every second nd i dnt see how this thier arguements will change that,nt to mention this samsung etc....this tin should end haba,if samsung is better than tecno must u argue till thy kingdom cum,if bb is crap must u argue for ever,just arguement over useless tins,nd by the way @king MEXx u just showed 1 of the highest level of stupidity in that ur radioactive point,even nokia torchlights emits radioactive substance,its used on everyfone,even foolishly sayin tecno mite be jailed in europe,i would av called u a NAMA but that would just make me look as stupid as u....i thought u know much abt europe...by the way seun should make this fone section look a little more like basedroid.com,let every1 be on his own....to avoid all this.....#teamsammy

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by poultryfarmer: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pls, help a brother with any spare phone. Turkey don shit on top of my P3.
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
wisemanharry: please i want to appeal to the owner of nairaland to stop and remove anythin that has to do with android on our precious nairaland cos this tin is getting too far now,imagine this guy now has taken d fight against tecno xo personal calling all tecno users foolish nd ignorant,m not boasting but i dont tink ure half as intellingent as my father nd elder sister who use tecno,so the factor of knowlege or wisdom is based on the fact u dnt use a tecno product?no offence but has any1 in ur family produced radio,nt to talk of android fone:.callin them foolish nd ignorant..just because of fone??by the way the crime this tecno commited was to sell thier products cheap o,goin further to say tecno is RUMOURED to have radioactivity in thier products,is there any fone on planet earth that doesnt make use of radioactivity,thats a fact the supposed intelligent and not ignorant human being does not know...pls this ur ram,rom,google play,hd games,this that,bbm dis,tecno dat,s4 dis,note 3,blah blah should be disciplined,its going tooooo farrrrrr..we that use lower end fones need peace.....nokia asha 201 thats what i use and i feel contented,wen the time is right i get an android,so y do u now want to kill urselves cos of this temporal worldy tins that wont last.......God have mercy on our generation
Pls quote me well next time. If yu check well I said HIGH radioactivity which may be considered harmful to individuals. I knew my post would get the Tecno users, but its the truth. Most phones are carefully assessed inorder to determine if its fit to be sold in Europe and North America. Am sorry if yur peeps use Tecno buh I never called them foolish directly, yu misinterpreted my post. I blame Tecno for it sha, Africans are just too gullible. anyway, they were smart as well, its called market strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
samaladyce: king MEXx u just showed 1 of the highest level of stupidity in that ur radioactive point,even nokia torchlights emits radioactive substance,its used on everyfone,even foolishly sayin tecno mite be jailed in europe,i would av called u a NAMA but that would just make me look as stupid as u....i thought u know much abt europe...by the way seun should make this fone section look a little more like basedroid.com,let every1 be on his own....to avoid all this.....#teamsammy
Whats this one ranting about abeg park well jor.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by psalmdave(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
cheesy
samaladyce: No be small mercy o @wiseman harry,i've been sayin this tin since nd it seems it wont come to an end,this tecno crap blah blah they all kill thier self for makes profit every second nd i dnt see how this thier arguements will change that,nt to mention this samsung etc....this tin should end haba,if samsung is better than tecno must u argue till thy kingdom cum,if bb is crap must u argue for ever,just arguement over useless tins,nd by the way @king MEXx u just showed 1 of the highest level of stupidity in that ur radioactive point,even nokia torchlights emits radioactive substance,its used on everyfone,even foolishly sayin tecno mite be jailed in europe,i would av called u a NAMA but that would just make me look as stupid as u....i thought u know much abt europe...by the way seun should make this fone section look a little more like basedroid.com,let every1 be on his own....to avoid all this.....#teamsammy
The guy is funny enough to use the word RUMOURED
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by slinkman(m): 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
STUPID COMPANY...

MTCHEEWWWE...

ALL DIS IS POSSIBLE, ONLY COZ ANDROID IS A FREE PLATFORM...

CHINESE NEVER EVER HAD THEIR OWN PLATFORM , IF NOT FOR THE CHINKO WE KNOW. ...

CHINKO PHONE ...

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by physise(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
una nor dey tire for all dis tecno argument
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by psalmdave(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
physise: una nor dey tire for all dis tecno argument
Argument for or against teCNo
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by physise(m): 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
psalmdave: Argument for or against teCNo
Both cheesy
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by psalmdave(m): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
physise: Both cheesy
grin
physise: Both cheesy
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by psalmdave(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=physise]Both cheesy
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by paulabdeel(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
slinkman: STUPID COMPANY...

MTCHEEWWWE...

ALL DIS IS POSSIBLE, ONLY COZ ANDROID IS A FREE PLATFORM...

CHINESE NEVER EVER HAD THEIR OWN PLATFORM , IF NOT FOR THE CHINKO WE KNOW. ...

CHINKO PHONE ...
What about Samsung does it have a platform? It was known for Java phones. I want to believe that some of you just feel bad that some other people are using Android phones like yourselves. It is a shame. Samsung like all others, o not own the Android platform. Everyone knows that quality and build wise the HTC OneX is better than the S4. HTC is a Chinese company.
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by physise(m): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
paulabdeel: What about Samsung does it have a platform? It was known for Java phones. I want to believe that some of you just feel bad that some other people are using Android phones like yourselves. It is a shame. Samsung like all others, o not own the Android platform. Everyone knows that quality and build wise the HTC OneX is better than the S4. HTC is a Chinese company.
hw samsung n htc take relate to d topic smh for some peeps

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by wman(m): 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
Why did the OP even mention 'Samsung'.?Apple, HTC, LG, Sony, Gionee, Infinix e.t.c are all there and yet.....
Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 05, 2013
TECNO USERS, ALWAYS RANTING SHA...

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by cupid4ig(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
Once a china always a china. Make una rant for all I care tecno is a china phone build with cheap materials untill they enter the European , asia market etc then only then I will change my stance

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best by Martino2018: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
"Once a china always a china. Make una rant for all I care tecno is a china phone build with cheap materials untill they enter the European , asia market etc then only then I will change my stance" .. Really?

www.senzone.dk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix X510 Hot 2 Fake Stock Rom Firmware Link / How To Subscribe For MTN, Etisalat, Glo, Airtel Night Plan 2016 / BROWSING Freely On Airtel For A While Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.