Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,934 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Recovering My Yahoo Mail! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Recovering My Yahoo Mail! (1453 Views)

Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by bongila(f): 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Good evening everyone,I'm not sure where exactly to post this,but after going through most of the threads here,I feel here is just ok!
So I got an email from yahoo on Wednesday that my email ID may have been compromised and that someone tried to access the account from a location other than mine.I was asked to change password,for a more secured account which I did. I followed the steps to the later and was told it was successful.
I was asked to wait for the password change to take effect within 24hours which I did. Since then,I've tried accessing the account to no avail,I've sent two(2)emails to yahoo complaining of the difficulties I'm encountering but as at when I'm writing this,I'm yet to get a feedback from them.
My question is,has anyone faced this situation before? If yes!how did he/she fix it? OR Is there anyone that has an idea of how to fix this?? I would really appreciate any suggestion that can help me out of this,I am at my wits end.
Thanking you in advance!
Re: Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by alasco1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
Have been into this situation 4 past 2month.
Re: Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by femi4: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2013
bongila: [color=#000099][/color]
Good evening everyone,I'm not sure where exactly to post this,but after going through most of the threads here,I feel here is just ok!
So I got an email from yahoo on Wednesday that my email ID may have been compromised and that someone tried to access the account from a location other than mine.I was asked to change password,for a more secured account which I did. I followed the steps to the later and was told it was successful.
I was asked to wait for the password change to take effect within 24hours which I did. Since then,I've tried accessing the account to no avail,I've sent two(2)emails to yahoo complaining of the difficulties I'm encountering but as at when I'm writing this,I'm yet to get a feedback from them.
My question is,has anyone faced this situation before? If yes!how did he/she fix it? OR Is there anyone that has an idea of how to fix this?? I would really appreciate any suggestion that can help me out of this,I am at my wits end.
Thanking you in advance!
Are you sure that mail came from yahoo? Perhaps you sent your details to phishing link/sites
Re: Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by bolaji4u20: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
I hv the same prob I hv 2 diffrent email bt I can nt acces to any one of it Am confused.the worst part of it is that I can nt recived mail on ma Bbm any more am feldup too help n I hv a viter info on my mail
Re: Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by bongila(f): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
Finally fixed it! Long story short,my account was hacked. The hacker changed my password,added a different alternate email,hijacked my facebook account,changed my name and everything.
Out of the blue,a friend called me and said she got an inbox message from me saying that "I hacked her account,please tell her that her new password is I'm sorry123".
I logged on,changed everything and I'm hoping I'm home free.
I tried contacting yahoo to fix the problem and to speak with their CSO,I saw this number +130617026499 a night before the account was given back to me. For any who is going through such,call them and pray they can fix it.
Re: Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by bongila(f): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
femi4: Are you sure that mail came from yahoo? Perhaps you sent your details to phishing link/sites
I'm guessing that might have been the. Case. I'm glad it's over though.
Re: Recovering My Yahoo Mail! by femi4: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2013
bongila:
I'm guessing that might have been the. Case. I'm glad it's over though.
but why do you think the hacker released the password to your friend?
I m suspecting that this hacker is somebody that you know very well. Maybe your ex, colleague etc

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used HP Compaq Mini CQ 10-100 @ #26,000.... SOLD!! SOLD!!! / Refurbished And Used Apple Macbook Pro Computers / Microsoft Exchange Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.