Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? (12663 Views)

Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings / 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History / Why Nigerian Weddings Need Event Planners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by MissFeferity: 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hello all!

Nigerian Wedding Lover over here! grin

Okay, So my Naija wedding paroles cannot be complete without

Small Chops ( Mosa for life!), Malt, Some Iyanya on the beat and Jollof Rice....Dazz alll

U nko?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Sanboy25: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
Miss Feferity: Small Chops ( Mosa for life!), Malt, Some Iyanya on the beat and Jollof Rice....
I second that. grin
With good Food and good Beat we're good to go. grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
Food Food Food

I don't think i've attended more than 10 weddings in my life but when i go, i go because of food. I'm not there to celebrate with anyone. I can celebrate from home. I'm not a lady who goes there to see the bride's wedding gown or the dace steps. Those things are irrelevant to me. That's why i like Yoruba weddings. Even before the party starts, you eat, clean mouth and go home. But in Igbo wedding, you will be waiting for item 7. God punish item 7. Give me my food and let me leave biko

22 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
The Bride.... wink

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Money spraying time.. .

as per say na me go be Oga on top picking money and giving out change affairs..... cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by gluv01(f): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
Food
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
Food nd amebo dats all
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by gerrardomendes(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
reception all d way. daz if d people r wealthy.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
My favorite part of wedding ceremonies is when the minister ask if anyone has reasons why the couple should not be joined in holy matrimony. grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by dedons: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Na the awoof wey dey always dey ground...

I dey forbid to chop one plate for wedding ceremony o grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by mesther96(f): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
wat else if nt food smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by kokoye(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
overdressed ladies looking for attention with their toes sticking out of their shoes on Bellanaija.com

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
musKeeto: The Bride.... wink

what's this

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by dedons: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Imanuelle: Money spraying time.. .

as per say na me go be Oga on top picking money and giving out change affairs..... cheesy wink
and you steal their money in the process.SMH.

Na people like you dey complain say our leaders corrupt...
SMH

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
nosike3: ---

Na mukina.....
You know how wedding things dey Sweet women

Allow them flex.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
dedons: and you steal their money in the process.SMH.

Na people like you dey complain say our leaders corrupt...
SMH

Wetin dey worry you ?

Abeg nod wall.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by ayodot(m): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
The Yoruba traditional wedding. The beat and the drama

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
I like it when i step in there with my gele and aso ebi outfit that will make heads roll to my side,i enjoy the time when we dance to any of this artist songs d.banj,yinka ayefele,saint janet,wasiu,davido,iyaya,timaya,duncan mighty,ayuba,flavour or omawunmi and i spray money to the celebrant.actually its a show off thing

my friends best moment in wedding is when they are sharing souvenirs and she will be struggling for it.but me no dey that kain levels.some things dey shame person cheesy

as for food.i don chop for house already,so if i no even chop because i dey dance floor,i no mind cheesy then i love to see the brides dress so me and my girlfriends can have something to gossip about e.g haaaa tayo you missed,see how patricia was turning her waist and see how me was shaking my buddy etc cheesy
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
ayodot: The Yoruba traditional wedding. The beat and the drama
yeah cheesy
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by tellwisdom: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
I dont go to weddings, cos most of the gurls carry pregnancy to the alter angry
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
Imanuelle:

Na mukina.....
You know how wedding things dey Sweet women

Allow them flex.
if i no show my latest jwelry,gele,shoe and hand bag,bangles and nails,how will they know i have it when i go for owanbes.i have to wear my latest voile lace thats the isshhh of weddings for me 8-)
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nuzo1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
The only thing I like about Naija wedding is knowing that couple can finally get off the tension and pressures of planning a wedding....and ofcourse the usual happiness written all over the bride's face.

Aside from the above, its filled with waste, misuse of funds, not satisfying everyone, too much crowd, noise, late coming and gossips.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
tellwisdom: I dont go to weddings, cos most of the gurls carry pregnancy to the alter angry
whats your problem with that,forget those preggy women and enjoy yourself,loosen up and chat up with pretty hot single ladies :p

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nuzo':
The only thing I like about Naija wedding is knowing that couple can finally get off the tension and pressures of planning a wedding....and ofcourse the usual happiness of the bride's face.

Aside from the above, its filled with waste, misuse of funds, not satisfying everyone, too much crowd, noise, late coming and gossips.
that is the koko of owanmbes na 8-)

bobo yi o tie jasi rara at all cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
sadNever been to one, but i've seen it on tv and it looks so vibrant and like it would be so much fun.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Food Food Food

I don't think i've attended more than 10 weddings in my life but when i go, i go because of food. I'm not there to celebrate with anyone. I can celebrate from home. I'm not a lady who goes there to see the bride's wedding gown or the dace steps. Those things are irrelevant to me. That's why i like Yoruba weddings. Even before the party starts, you eat, clean mouth and go home. But in Igbo wedding, you will be waiting for item 7. God punish item 7. Give me my food and let me leave biko

I muola agwa ojoo

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by tellwisdom: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
kulyie: I like it when i step in there with my gele and aso ebi outfit that will make heads roll to my side,i enjoy the time when we dance to any of this artist songs d.banj,yinka ayefele,saint janet,wasiu,davido,iyaya,timaya,duncan mighty,ayuba,flavour or omawunmi and i spray money to the celebrant.actually its a show off thing

sad
my friends best moment in wedding is when they are sharing souvenirs and she will be struggling for it.but me no dey that kain levels.some things dey shame person cheesy

as for food.i don chop for house already,so if i no even chop because i dey dance floor,i no mind cheesy then i love to see the brides dress so me and my girlfriends can have something to gossip about e.g haaaa tayo you missed,see how patricia was turning her waist and see how me was shaking my buddy etc cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Freiburger(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva: [b]Food Food Food

+100likes
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by rodeo0070(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is the "thing" I like most...

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by collins125: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Food Food Food

IS AFAM A woMAN?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? / Photos From The Vanguard Awards 2017 Held At Eko Hotels Last Night / Lagos State Govt, Dokpesi, Nairalander Honoured At Nigeria Entrepreneur Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.