Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,400 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? (1478 Views)

Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 17, 2013
I personally dont believe this.I think it to be a mere natural phenomenon,and i knw several Nigerians would disagree with me.Since it's been raining heavily here,folks hv been talking about it n i've debated a few.i'd like to knw yr thoughts on this.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 8:45am On Jun 17, 2013
Beretta92: I personally dont believe this. I think it to be a mere natural phenomenon, and i knw several Nigerians would disagree with me. Since it's been raining heavily here, folks hv been talking about it n i've debated a few. i'd like to knw yr thoughts on this.

How can you define your own natural phenomenon?
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emusan:

How can you define your own natural phenomenon?
dont get u
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by ninja4life(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well some yoruba folks believes dat d god of shango can be consulted to send lightening against another person but d flaw in their is dat dey cannot petition him during dry season so why is it then supernatural if its d lightening is due to a particular season.dats why yoruba will say enikan ki bu sango nigba eerun.so i believe lightening is a natural occurence and people who died as a result is only due to chance and its not some supernatural intervention.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
Beretta92: dont get u

Can you explain the word natural phenomenon?
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 18, 2013
@ ninja,well said.lightning strikes also occur in d western world n i dont think they got sango there.d sango n amadioha stuff was just d only way d ancients cud explain d phenomenon.same way d ancient norse people believed in thor.it's just bad dat even in a globalized n civilized world as dis,young educated peeps still believe sango is responsible for lightning strikes on people.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 18, 2013
Emusan:

Can you explain the word natural phenomenon?
seriously? Are u in kindergarten??
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 7:18am On Jun 18, 2013
Beretta92: seriously? Are u in kindergarten??

No! Simple question just explain how you view your own natural phenomenon, that's what I asked.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 18, 2013
Emusan:

No! Simple question just explain how you view your own natural phenomenon, that's what I asked.
what else could natural phenomena be than processes spurred by the forces of nature e.g evaporation n condensation lead to precipitation i.e rainfall.do u think lightning isn't a natural phenomenon? If yes,tell me why n how.dats y i opened dis thread n not for u to create a strawman to hold on to.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
Beretta92: what else could natural phenomena be than processes spurred by the forces of nature e.g evaporation n condensation lead to precipitation i.e rainfall.do u think lightning isn't a natural phenomenon? If yes,tell me why n how.dats y i opened dis thread n not for u to create a strawman to hold on to.

Nice answer! That's why I demanded for your view on natural phenomenon.

I don't know maybe you're among those that believe in existence of a supreme being or not, but if truly you want to hear the truth and accept that's why I'm going through this process to explain myself to you.

In 1995, something happened in my home town "Okeagbe Akoko in Ondo state". There's one federal road that link Ikare Akoko to my home town and to Oyin Akoko. This road was constructed in early 1990, shortly after the construction of the road terrible accident usually occur at a point along the road very close to that point there was a small ROCK. Later it was revealed by many churches that (not only my church oooo) that rock has been bewitched by evil spirit, then serious prayer was raised for God's intervention. That faithful day, it seems like it will be rain and the rain just fall small for some minutes and stop but before it stoped there is a great lightning follow by a great thunder that strike that day. Later, when the rain stoped people discover that "that same rock has been shaltered into piece as if they use dyanimite to blast a rock, some people went there to see it and came back that they saw splashing of bloods in the place but no dead animal there. I didn't go there but there is a place you can stand and be looking at the path the thunder created just as if bulldozer works in that place "everything along its path was uprooted both trees and grasses". After the incident accident stoped.

There is a big tree at the centre of the market (not the only tree in that market), it was also revealed that it has been bewitched. The day God shows His mighty power 'just like that rock', as thunder strike it uproots the tree and people can see at the centre of the stem there is a hole "inside the hole was found local pots, spoons e.t.c" I saw it with my na.ked eyes. The incident happened around 4-5pm not overnight.

I don't know how your state/place is far I would've said you can confirm the story above. Okeagbe is the HQ of Akoko N/W LG, in Ondo state.

If natural phenomenon in case of thunder occurs without a supreme being and purpose:

Why is it that rock among others?
Why is it only that tree because trees are many there?

If I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed.

Evolutionist believe till date that nothing like paranormal in nature but some open-minded scientist all over the world some are atheist, freethinker, rationalist have proved beyond any doubt that there're paranormal occurences in nature, yet Dawkins buries his head and pretend no such thing like paranormal. You can browse about paranormal and see if truly you want the truth as your Op implies.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
Let me support my statement above with this verse in the Bible

Job 38:25 "Who has divided........, a way for the lightning of thunder;"
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by timothycel(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
Im from South Africa, I most definitely believe that lightning can be sent to kill you. It is mostly happens in the rainy season where not a lot of question will be asked. But there are Jujus that can be used to make it happen even in the months when it doesnt rain often. Clouds gather suddenly, it storms for 5 minutes and many people die. This Juju is most effective in the rainy season when lighting is more frequent.The are means to defend against such a Juju. Most people who have never experienced these types of witchcraft personally will not believe it.

We have a few tribes and as far as im aware witches from all of them can send lightning. (Using different methods as certain plants and animals etc are indigenous to certain tribal areas etc.)

1 Like

Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
@ Emusan,nice story but stories like dis usually hv inconsistences when analyzed n investigated.Moreover,it happened 18 yrs ago.i guess u must hv been quite young n didnt knw what really happened,n hv based yr claims on retellings by superstitious adults.BTW,do u know dat trees, n rocks dat contain conductive subtances are potential targets of lightning(which is simply electricity)?dats y it's advised nt 2 stay under trees n 2 maintain minimum contact with d ground during lightning strikes.and do u think d same natural processes were necessary for the lightning in yr story or it came 4rm a certain spiritual source?
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
timothycel: Im from South Africa, I most definitely believe that lightning can be sent to kill you. It is mostly happens in the rainy season where not a lot of question will be asked. But there are Jujus that can be used to make it happen even in the months when it doesnt rain often. Clouds gather suddenly, it storms for 5 minutes and many people die. This Juju is most effective in the rainy season when lighting is more frequent.The are means to defend against such a Juju. Most people who have never experienced these types of witchcraft personally will not believe it.

We have a few tribes and as far as im aware witches from all of them can send lightning. (Using different methods as certain plants and animals etc are indigenous to certain tribal areas etc.)
Interesting! Why does it happen mostly during rainy season and hv u personally observed it happening in dry season?
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 7:21am On Jun 19, 2013
Beretta92: @ Emusan,nice story but stories like dis usually hv inconsistences when analyzed n investigated. Moreover,it happened 18 yrs ago.i guess u must hv been quite young n didnt knw what really happened,n hv based yr claims on retellings by superstitious adults. BTW, do u know dat trees, n rocks dat contain conductive subtances are potential targets of lightning(which is simply electricity)? dats y it's advised nt 2 stay under trees n 2 maintain minimum contact with d ground during lightning strikes. and do u think d same natural processes were necessary for the lightning in yr story or it came 4rm a certain spiritual source?

@bold-this is the major problem most atheist have, forgotten that there're some events that happened paranormally but they usually equate everything to science. Once paranormal is real in life then what most of you called superstition must truly have occured, beside most people all over the world have the same superstition story of yours before science came. Does it mean they were in the same place before they reach agreement? No!
If I'm still young, does it mean I lack reality of what I see? I said I went there to see it.

@color-Concerning some trees or rocks that have certain element to receiving lightning, just give me one element name that can receive lightning in them. If some trees or rocks have some certain elements that make them prone to thunder striking them it shouldn't be one tree or rock out of thousands of trees or rocks in the universe.

If I even say ok some trees or rocks have those element indeed, what about the one that happened inside a house?

It came from spiritual source because nature can't answer prayer.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 7:33am On Jun 19, 2013
Beretta92: Interesting! Why does it happen mostly during rainy season and hv u personally observed it happening in dry season?

This is another expirence from different country. Without Iron nothing like god of Iron, without water nothing like mami water, without rain nothing like thunder so people that use it to do evil know the best time they can use it. The purpose of 'lightning and thunder' is to breaks condense water and bring rain but some people know how to manipulate it to hurt people just like the way God used it to save my village from evil accident.

I witnessed one when there is no traces of a single rain drop.

Have you browse about paranormal? Stop deluding yourself.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Emusan,i knew u wud misunderstand dat line.When i talked about substances,it was with respect to rocks alone.Trees are of course targets due to their heights.And about me being skeptical of yr story,it's not my fault,ok.I've witnessed people distorting n embellishing things i witnessed with my own very eyes beyond recognition.Moreover,supposed paranormal stories i've looked into hv turned out to be shams.And it's ok if u think i'm deluded-it's simply what u think.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
Beretta92: @Emusan,i knew u wud misunderstand dat line. When i talked about substances, it was with respect to rocks alone. Trees are of course targets due to their heights. And about me being skeptical of yr story,it's not my fault,ok.I've witnessed people distorting n embellishing things i witnessed with my own very eyes beyond recognition. Moreover, supposed paranormal stories i've looked into hv turned out to be shams. And it's ok if u think i'm deluded-it's simply what u think.

@bold-Let me agree I misunderstand you! If the substance are limited to rocks alone, is it only igneous or sedimentary rocks that the substance present on?

@color-if tall trees are most target of thunder strike USA redwood trees that tall over 60ft(20m) should've distroyed then.

What about the thunder strike that happen in a building?
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by timothycel(m): 3:49am On Jun 20, 2013
Beretta92: Interesting! Why does it happen mostly during rainy season and hv u personally observed it happening in dry season?

It happens more during rainy season because its similar to fishing. You are most likely to catch a fish during "Fish" season (that may be mating season, summer, winter etc depending on where you are) than you are to catch one out of season.

When it is rainy season, the elements are all there. Severe thunderstorms and electrical storms. The lightning is already there, it is then a matter of directing where it should go.

In my country you will find that in the rural areas people will consult their witch doctor at the beginning of spring so that they can get protection from the lightning Juju before the summer electrical storms.

We often find that the first electrical storm of the season kills many people and then people remember to get protection from Jujus.

This Juju can also be used out of season (Dry Season) but a more powerful Juju is needed as a storm cloud needs to be created. This can happen very suddenly (15 minutes or so) then you here someone was killed by lightning but very little rain fell and the storm is over in 5 minutes. (To answer your question I cant say I have witnessed someone being struck with my own eyes)

I personally have had dreams of an uncle of mine trying to send lightning to my family. (He is involved in the practice of killing family members and using them to make money). He owns many taxis and shops. He had 11 siblings but he is now the only Older family member alive. His uncle got him into this "business", he has always had about 10 wives and without fail 1 dies each year or one of his many children and then he gets a new wife etc.

There are many Jujus that work just the same as the lightning one. They mainly work buy increasing your bad luck exponentially. You are more likely to die of car accident, stroke, stabbing, during childbirth, fire etc. A juju works on opportunity, when there is a chance for something to go wrong a Juju increases the likelihood that it will.

If you watch the movie Final Destination and notice how something is always trying to kill the characters given an opportunity, its the same way a Juju works.

Witchcraft is widespread across the Asian sub continent, the Far East, the Middle East, South America. It just cant be proven, just like how God cant be proven. But those people who have experienced the ill effects of witchcraft can tell you all about it. It is the same with God, people have had experiences which confirmed their beliefs.

Witchcraft can never be proven though, there will always be a "scientific" explanation.
Re: Lightning Bolts Sent To Kill:how True? by Emusan(m): 6:49am On Jun 20, 2013
timothycel:

It happens more during rainy season because its similar to fishing. You are most likely to catch a fish during "Fish" season (that may be mating season, summer, winter etc depending on where you are) than you are to catch one out of season.

When it is rainy season, the elements are all there. Severe thunderstorms and electrical storms. The lightning is already there, it is then a matter of directing where it should go.

In my country you will find that in the rural areas people will consult their witch doctor at the beginning of spring so that they can get protection from the lightning Juju before the summer electrical storms.

We often find that the first electrical storm of the season kills many people and then people remember to get protection from Jujus.

This Juju can also be used out of season (Dry Season) but a more powerful Juju is needed as a storm cloud needs to be created. This can happen very suddenly (15 minutes or so) then you here someone was killed by lightning but very little rain fell and the storm is over in 5 minutes. (To answer your question I cant say I have witnessed someone being struck with my own eyes)

I personally have had dreams of an uncle of mine trying to send lightning to my family. (He is involved in the practice of killing family members and using them to make money). He owns many taxis and shops. He had 11 siblings but he is now the only Older family member alive. His uncle got him into this "business", he has always had about 10 wives and without fail 1 dies each year or one of his many children and then he gets a new wife etc.

There are many Jujus that work just the same as the lightning one. They mainly work buy increasing your bad luck exponentially. You are more likely to die of car accident, stroke, stabbing, during childbirth, fire etc. A juju works on opportunity, when there is a chance for something to go wrong a Juju increases the likelihood that it will.

If you watch the movie Final Destination and notice how something is always trying to kill the characters given an opportunity, its the same way a Juju works.

Witchcraft is widespread across the Asian sub continent, the Far East, the Middle East, South America. It just cant be proven, just like how God cant be proven. But those people who have experienced the ill effects of witchcraft can tell you all about it. It is the same with God, people have had experiences which confirmed their beliefs.

Witchcraft can never be proven though, there will always be a "scientific" explanation.

Thanks for this your explanation. I wonder why some people keep saying there's nothing like paranormal in this life we're living.

I never get answer to this question. If something is superstition, why is it globally experience?

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Embrace Christianity After Seeing The barbaric Actions Of ISIS / What Was The Forbidden Fruit Adam & Eve Ate? / How To Watch Winners Chapel Shiloh 2015 Live Broadcast Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.