Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,066 members, 7,825,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! (952 Views)

Aspiring Writers Needed / 2013 Businessday Aspiring Writers Essay Competition / Publicity For Young And Aspiring Writers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by deanawah: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hello...

If you're an aspiring/creative writer in Benin City?

Then, let's discuss some very vital issues that concern
the progress of this noble art:

1. Creative writing as a lucrative & fulfilling full-time career
2. Becoming a world-class writer
3. Creative writing in the information age
4. Publishing hurdles in our part of the world, and...
5. The way forward without mistakes, delays and regrets.

You can either partake in this open discussion by
leaving a comment or asking a question... Please feel
free to express yourself!

Dean Awah, CEO
VantageInfo Publishing Ventures
Re: ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by ekaromail: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
Thanks for bringing this up. From what I can see, you are a publisher so please I want to know, what can be done to help writers? I have written books and self published. The work load is too much for one person to carry. I write, publish, handle the marketing and do everything possible to keep the interest of my readers and followers. Why do publishers specialize in giving writers a hard time?
Re: ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by eojonah5: 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
Some girls don't like kissing. Kissing is healthy and has many
advantages, both physically...to continue reading /p3wKUN-99
Re: ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by deanawah: 8:42am On Jun 21, 2013
ekaromail: Thanks for bringing this up. From what I can see, you are a publisher so please I want to know, what can be done to help writers? I have written books and self published. The work load is too much for one person to carry. I write, publish, handle the marketing and do everything possible to keep the interest of my readers and followers. Why do publishers specialize in giving writers a hard time?

Sorry for the delay... I couldn't come online for a while.

Okay, I'll say from experience that more often than not, creative writer's (self-publishers or not) hardly learn
the nittty-gritty details of the art before delving into money-making projects. Beause you've said you self-publish, market and sustain readership interests, I'll have to ask you these vital questions...

(1.) How good a writer are you? Did you learn the standard techniques of creative writing?
(2.) Did you learn the basics of book-publishing?

Well... I've asked these questions because they'll help determine your level of dedication to the art of writing, since this is directly proportional to your ultimate level of success.

And I'll conclude by saying that, because publishers are skilled at steps (1.) and (2.)above, this could serve as reasons for them to dictate the pace (however bizzarre)for creative writers. They know that writers hardly have the skills they do!

I hope I've sufficiently answered your questions? Have I? If I haven't then you can reach me (+234 8131934547)so we'll talk directly.
Re: ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by OllieJackline(f): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
I desire to be a writer can you help and tell me good writer's school in enugu, benin and owerri and the steps please. Thank you
Re: ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by ekaromail: 7:33am On Oct 28, 2016
Interesting I came across this post again. This is 3 years later and I can boldly say I have learnt the necessary techniques. How time flies and how far determination gets you.
Re: ATTENTION... Aspiring/Creative WRITERS In Benin City! by Elviswhite0007: 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
I'm Elvis Prime a writer from Edo State. I think we can work together, but I base my write up on foreign season Movies, Cartoons and Novels. Reach me with dis mail elviswhite14@gmail.com or 07055653522

(1) (Reply)

High Quality Writers Needed For Consistent Jobs / Please Help me review this website www.successfulfamily / Have Your Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.