Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews (891 Views)

Muhammad's Hatred For Jews / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi I am really worried about you.

You said in another article that repentance is not for the gentiles but is only applicable to the Jews.

Please explain :

1. What you understand by the term repentance.

2. Why does this concept not apply to the gentiles.

Thanks.
Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

shdemidemi I am really worried about you.

You said in another article that repentance is not for the gentiles but is only applicable to the Jews.

Please explain :

Thanks.

Let me shine the light on these two blind mice because they have both ended up in the ditch.

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
^^^^

Keep to your CULT , I will keep to the CHURCH.

smiley
Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by PastorKun(m): 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

See dem, two blind mice. When the blind begins to lead the blind guess where they will both end up? undecided

Imagine olaadegbu of all people calling others who unlike him can think for themselves blind; wonders would never end.

2 Likes

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Imagine olaadegbu of all people calling others who unlike him can think for themselves blind; wonders would never end.

The mentor of the blind mice finally crawls out of the woodwork to give his cohorts moral support. grin

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by flourishG(m): 2:47am On Jun 19, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The mentor of the blind mice finally crawls out of the woodwork to give his cohorts moral support. grin
what in da world is da meaning of the statement above?is yr own mentor with PhD u always copy his article not also blind,mentoring mouse like u?da judaizer spirit must b active in ya veins.
Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 19, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

smiley

lol.
Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
Still waiting for shdemidemi's response.

smiley
Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

smiley

You mean the body of Christ you abandoned? undecided

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Are you sure you really think for yourself? lipsrsealed

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
flourishG:

what in da world is da meaning of the statement above?is yr own mentor with PhD u always copy his article not also blind,mentoring mouse like u?da judaizer spirit must b active in ya veins.

What have you learned from all of those articles, if I may ask?

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
frosbel:

Still waiting for shdemidemi's response.

smiley

Are you "still waiting" for the obvious? undecided

Re: Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews by shdemidemi(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel: shdemidemi I am really worried about you.

Please explain :

Thanks.

Sorry I came to this late, I never saw the thread before now. Anyway, I will answer the question the same way I did before.

The word repentance itself means to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct according to the English dictionary but when it comes to its application in the scriptures, it means more than just feeling sorry. It actually means getting back to the creator's good books.

The word 'repent' is a prefix word. It can be separated into two 're' and 'pent'.

're' can be explained as an occurrence of an event more than one time

'pent' refers to the very top, similar to penthouse

REPENT is similar to BORN AGAIN

Christ would make such statement to a Jew, you would not find Paul tell any Christian to be born again. To be born again, I need to have been born before (not literally). If I had not called your phone before, It would be wrong to say I will call u again.

The Jews were at one point at the peak in their relationship with God, they remain God's earthly people but at certain times they turn their back to God's will. John the Baptist will then come to tell them to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Every kingdom needs a king, the king in this instance is Christ. The King of Israel came on the scene and the gospel of John the Baptist came to an end, their king was later killed. Note, Christ didn't come to become the king of the world, He came to be king of the Jews.

They(Jews) had to reject him and he had to die to save the rest of the world according to the promise God made to Abraham-'and all peoples on earth will be blessed through thy seed'

The whole world became God's elect with a caveat, you have to believe for righteousness of God to be imputed in you. David said Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit

I (Gentiles) came to know God under the covenant of grace, the gospel of repentance would not apply to me but all I need to do is to believe in the finished works Christ did on the cross of Calvary.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes [/b]in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Paul also said [b]'If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved'

You would not find Paul refer to Christ as king of the church but he would rather use Lord. Christ is the king of the jews and the Lord of the church.

Whatever I do with my body as a believer now is not toward salvation, but as gratitude for my salvation.

(1) (Reply)

Evangelist Roberts Liardon Leads London Bible College / Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? / Prophet T.b Joshua's Synagogue:the Busiest Tourist Destination In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.