Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

The Moment Johnny Depp Was Nearly Trampled To Death As Horse Stunt Went Wrong - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Moment Johnny Depp Was Nearly Trampled To Death As Horse Stunt Went Wrong (920 Views)

9ice Disses Linda Ikeji In New Single “at The Moment” / 5 Proves That Olajumoke The Bread Seller Story Is A Public Stunt (pictures) / The 6 Most Unique Nigerian Pop Artists Of The Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moment Johnny Depp Was Nearly Trampled To Death As Horse Stunt Went Wrong by olenyi: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
He was nearly killed when a stunt went wrong while filming The Lone Ranger last year.
And now footage has emerged of the shocking moment Johnny Depp, who plays Tonto in the film, was thrown off his horse and trampled on the ground.
The clip begins with Depp and Armie Hammer, who takes the role of the Lone Ranger, on horses galloping along the sands of the desert where the film was being shot.

As the horses pick up speed, Depp's steed is seen bucking, causing the actor to lose his grip and fall to the side.
The horse continues galloping as Depp clings to its mane, before eventually falling onto the ground.
Cast and crew are heard gaspingand exclaiming 'Woah, woah, woah' as they observe the accident happening, before a voice is heard saying: 'Stay back guys, apart from the medics.'

The camera then focuses on Depp, who appears in good spirits despite the near-death experience.
Joking with the movie's director afterwards, Deppsays:'Can I tell you what the positive thing is? That mycoccyxdidn't take it.'
He then added: 'Chicks dig a broken bone.'
While the behind the scenes featurette marks thefirst time we have seen footage of the accident, Depp opened up about what actually happened during an interview on David Letterman earlier this year.

He explained: 'There was one moment in particular where it got unpleasant. The horses had been running all day so they weren't interesting in slowing down at all. My horse decided to jump a couple of obstacles in the desert but the horse was unaware that the saddle was fake - to give the effect that i was riding unprotected.
'So when we came down the saddle slipped and I went to the left, and grabbed the mane of the horse. And then the next thing i saw were these very muscular horse legs, this death machine, andone word popped into my head: "Hooves".
'I figured fear would kick in but it didn't, I was very calm.'

Depp isn't the only member of he cast to put his life at risk for the best shots, as Armie is also involved in some death-defying stunts.
And speaking about the danger involved, directorGore Verbinski explains:'This is really dangerous.And it's not only dangerous, it's also really hard to achieve.
'It was the hardest thing I have ever made but that's good because it feels like we are creating something completely new and exciting.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2343795/Johnny-Depp-nearly-trampled-death-horse-stunt-went-wrong-set-The-Lone-Ranger.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2343795/Johnny-Depp-nearly-trampled-death-horse-stunt-went-wrong-set-The-Lone-Ranger.html

Re: The Moment Johnny Depp Was Nearly Trampled To Death As Horse Stunt Went Wrong by gluv01(f): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Lucky you...Oyibo sabi take risks sha grin

1 Like

Re: The Moment Johnny Depp Was Nearly Trampled To Death As Horse Stunt Went Wrong by olenyi: 8:16am On Jun 19, 2013
gluv01: Lucky you...Oyibo sabi take risks sha grin

grin That's why dia movies are much better than ours. grin
Re: The Moment Johnny Depp Was Nearly Trampled To Death As Horse Stunt Went Wrong by gluv01(f): 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
olenyi:

grin That's why dia movies are much better than ours. grin

yea...true

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Celebs Dazzles At Ebonylife TV Launch / Tunde Ednut Involve In Car Accident In Lagos / Olamide Vs. Dagrin: Lyrically Examined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.