Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release (1166 Views)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / Can Nigerian Deportee From Usa(overstayed Visa) Apply For Canada Visa / 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by igelomo(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Deported Nigerian Anthony Chinedu on Monday demanded full payment of his investments in Kenya before seven Kenyan officials and a plane held at a Lagos airport are released.

New details are emerging on how Kenyan officials who accompanied Mr Chinedu and two other Nigerians deported two weeks ago spent the night in their aircraft because they were not allowed to leave.

Mr Chinedu, speaking to Kenya’s Nation newspaper on phone from Leki Beach, Lagos, claimed: “I am the official of the government of Nigeria. The aircraft is now mine, it is waiting for me at the airport,” he said, adding: “All I want is mymoney, and without these guys being detained here, I won’t get my money. But you can rest assured they are safe, they are eating well.”

The Kenyans and a Swedish pilot — five crew and seven security and immigration officials — flew with the three Nigerians kicked out on drug trafficking claims to Lagos, but were not allowed to leave.

On Monday, one of the detained officials claimed they slept in the aircraft and ate spoilt food because they were considered illegal entrants. They contacted the High Commission when they realised the issue was getting out of hand.

“We were only allowed out in the evening the next day because embassy (Kenyan High Commission) officials had come in,” one of the officials said.

When contacted, an official at the Nigerian High Commission in Kenya said the group was currently staying at the Park View Astoria Hotel in the Ikoyi suburb of Lagos.

Meanwhile, Kenya’s Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohammed said the matter was being handled, but declined to give more details.

Her Internal Coordination counterpart, Mr Joseph ole Lenku, under whose docket Immigration lies, said: These are delicate negotiations between the two countries. Until something comes out of it, we cannot give you the details. However, the government is doing everything it can.”
Re: Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by bigt2(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, seven hostages for Chinedu's invvestments Ibo, I Hail oooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
they should plan giving back the deportees their belongings globally because by not doing so, i consider it as extortion of the highest order!!! I case my rest!! shocked shocked smiley
Re: Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by texaco1: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
definitely this chinedu guy is highly connected in nig
Re: Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by cacius: 11:29am On Jun 19, 2013
This is what I have been expecting to hear. At least Nigeria government nor let Kenya mess with us. The only people allowed to mess with this country are the citizens of the country not fellow African countries. The deportation was unlawful and unacceptable. That is not how to deport people. They just want to ridicule Nigeria they should have asked South Africa what happened last time they tried that sh.t. Where are all the Kenyans on this forum making jest of Nigeria. Kenya must learn to treat foreigners like humans not like animals. Nigerians are known for their quick money scheme all over the world not that I am in support of that but instead of treating them like animals why don't they treat hem according to the law that applies to people living in the country. If you find them guilty let the law takes its course not but not by forceful removal.
Re: Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by texaco1: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2013
cacius: This is what I have been expecting to hear. At least Nigeria government nor let Kenya mess with us. The only people allowed to mess with this country are the citizens of the country not fellow African countries. The deportation was unlawful and unacceptable. That is not how to deport people. They just want to ridicule Nigeria they should have asked South Africa what happened last time they tried that sh.t. Where are all the Kenyans on this forum making jest of Nigeria. Kenya must learn to treat foreigners like humans not like animals. Nigerians are known for their quick money scheme all over the world not that I am in support of that but instead of treating them like animals why don't they treat hem according to the law that applies to people living in the country. If you find them guilty let the law takes its course not but not by forceful removal.
u are getting it all wrong,this is the forceful deportation of A SUSPECTED DRUG BARON NOT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.the whole world is watching.there are other ways by which the nigeria govt can go about this ,the message this whole saga is giving out is that this suspected drug baron is tightly linked to the nigeria govt officials

dont be surprised when other countries start killing nigerians convicts in their country instead of deporting them
Re: Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 25, 2013
cacius: This is what I have been expecting to hear. At least Nigeria government nor let Kenya mess with us. The only people allowed to mess with this country are the citizens of the country not fellow African countries. The deportation was unlawful and unacceptable. That is not how to deport people. They just want to ridicule Nigeria they should have asked South Africa what happened last time they tried that sh.t. Where are all the Kenyans on this forum making jest of Nigeria. Kenya must learn to treat foreigners like humans not like animals. Nigerians are known for their quick money scheme all over the world not that I am in support of that but instead of treating them like animals why don't they treat hem according to the law that applies to people living in the country. If you find them guilty let the law takes its course not but not by forceful removal.
I wish Moi was in Power.
Chinedu would have not been deported.
He would have FLED.
After a testicle squeezing session at Nyati House,he would have never run his arrogant mouth again.
Re: Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
texaco1:
u are getting it all wrong,this is the forceful deportation of A SUSPECTED DRUG BARON NOT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.the whole world is watching.there are other ways by which the nigeria govt can go about this ,the message this whole saga is giving out is that this suspected drug baron is tightly linked to the nigeria govt officials

dont be surprised when other countries start killing nigerians convicts in their country instead of deporting them

You are actually more stupid than I thought. Where does the principle of innocent until promounced guilty work in your world? So if I am suspected of murder without evidence I should be killed? He was suspected not even taken to court for that let him have his belongings and leave and next time don't talk through ur shithole, asshole.

(1) (Reply)

Accommodation Needed In Benin City. / Checkout Maryland New Look In Lagos / Saraki Son Seni Saraki Graduate Form London School Of Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.