Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

CNN Gets A Taste Of How To Party, Nigerian Style - Owambe! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / CNN Gets A Taste Of How To Party, Nigerian Style - Owambe! (926 Views)

Lessons Learnt From An Exclusive Owambe Party / Owambe; Our Thing / Where Can My Cousin Gets A Wedding Ring In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CNN Gets A Taste Of How To Party, Nigerian Style - Owambe! by infonubia(m): 5:13am On Jun 19, 2013
So I looked up the meaning of "Owambe" on the internet and here's how the Urban Dictionary defines it:

A large, grandiose party thrown by Nigerians anywhere in the world, especially Yoruba Nigerians that involves a lot of food, dancing, loud music, and spraying (Nigerian term meaning the act of throwing money on a dancing person)...These parties take days and sometimes weeks and months of preparation, and have been known to block entire streets and roads, especially in Lagos, Nigeria. Ex: My aunt threw an owambe to celebrate my college graduation.

CNN correspondent Vladimir Duthiers takes us through the colorful and extravagant nature of a typical Lagos party. Watch the video and share your thoughts.

See more at: http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/cnn-gets-taste-of-how-to-party-nigerian.html#sthash.nAm2hCjr.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Let's Plan Your Event For You / American Mobile Ice Cream And Yogurt Truck In Lagos / 2015 Ember Promo Pay For 1 Service & Get 1 Free Service. Lammyglo Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.