Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,499 members, 7,958,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa (9132 Views)

Which Phone Company Started QWERTY Keys? / Low Cost Chinese Mobile Phone Welcome Oem/odm/wholesaler And Distributor Fromlag / Which Phone Company Services The 0708 Prefix? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by LordReed(m): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2013
The company started in 2006 in Hong Kong with our first research and development centre in Shanghai, China. For two years, our business focused on the South Asia market. After studying the markets in South East Asia, Africa and Latin America, we found out that Africa would be the most lucrative market for us. We began operations here in 2008 before eventually stopping our business in Asia to exclusively focus on Africa.
Today, Tecno does business in Africa only. We want to be the mobile king of Africa. The continent receives a lot of imports but the products are not always modelled to fit demand here. We ensure our products meet the local demand because they are solely produced for the African market. We are present in 12 countries in East, West and Central Africa where we currently control an average of 20% market share in each of the countries. This year we are going to explore the Southern and Northern Africa markets starting with South Africa and Egypt. We are also going to strengthen relations with technology giants both in manufacturing and service provision to ensure quality in products and customer experience. We have no option but to have the best products. You can’t be a failure in Africa and go somewhere else. We have to make it here.

Source
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Jun 19, 2013
More:

We are proud to say that some of the Tecno phones are already ‘made in Africa’. We started a plant in Addis Ababa two year ago and it is doing well so far. We chose Ethiopia because it is unique, looking at it from a strategic point of view. We found Ethiopia’s duty structure to be more attractive. We eventually plan to move our entire production to Africa since this is the only market we serve. We will start with establishing manufacturing plants in Kenya and Nigeria. This will depend highly on a lot of factors like the customs structure and government support we receive.
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by olahero(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Abeq TECNO come and invest in Nigeria, spread the TECHNOLOGY accros NIGERIA, I know say YOU chinko people rugged in time of TECHNOLOGY, we need YOU, we want YOU HERE IN NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by mrdrizzy(m): 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
see lie,its becos dey cnt compete with the asia market jawe..mk dem stop dey jonz us..smh

1 Like

Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Edunwa302(m): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Strong word ,carry on tecno
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by LordReed(m): 6:53am On Jun 20, 2013
Lexusgs:

Structure - Power outtage rules Nigeria out, has a place to situate a manufacturing plant.

Well the government could give them a quid pro quo ie in lieu of power infrastructure they could have massive import waivers or 0% tax. If I was the president or a state governor that's what I'd do.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by ibietela2(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2013
[size=40pt]GOODLUCK[/size]
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by LordReed(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
ibietela2: [size=40pt]GOODLUCK[/size]

They are making head way whether you recognise it or not and upcoming tech will definitely put them on the map.

Siddon dey look.
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by destino24(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
#TEAMTECNO

Meanwhile, i'm waiting for a bunch of sadists to come around and scream, "Tecno phones are made for poor people"......

*listening to beethoven's 9th symphony on my Tecno B3*
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Bawss1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
^

Wait no longer. I'm here to put your mind at ease: Tecno phones are of poor quality and mediocre specs. cheesy They could also be radioactive and a possible cause of cancer smiley they are an insult to Africans who deserve better.

I urge the International Trade Organization to look into this perceived insult of African consumers by Tecno.

Flame suit on cool

1 Like

Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
That's nice. Hope they up the ante on their phone quality.
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Frostyzone(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Techno only does business in Africa because they knew they wouldn't make it elsewhere. If they goto Europe, Nokia and co will give them the boot. Should they attempt American market, Apple will use them as toothbrush. Samsung and HTC had already chased them out of their home continent of Asia.

So the only other option is to come to backward Africa, where low budget products are in high demand.

That's the real story here folks, pay no heed to their other lousy excuses.

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Bawss1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Imagine a chef who doesn't eat the food he cooks because it isn't fit for him.

Now stop stop imagining and look at Tecno. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by destino24(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Bawss1: ^

Wait no longer. I'm here to put your mind at ease: Tecno phones are of poor quality and mediocre specs. cheesy They could also be radioactive and a possible cause of cancer smiley they are an insult to Africans who deserve better.

I urge the International Trade Organization to look into this perceived insult of African consumers by Tecno

Flame suit on cool

DRY BUTTON PLEASE!!!
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Bawss1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by destino24(m): 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Bawss1: .

GOTCHA!!!
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by ibietela2(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:

They are making head way whether you recognise it or not and upcoming tech will definitely put them on the map.

Siddon dey look.

Lol..... I rep TECNO
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Bawss1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
destino24:

GOTCHA!!!

LOL

Was going to ask a question then realised the answer was already obvious.

Anyways you like Classical music eh? Great taste, wish I could say same for your choice of mobile. :p
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Bawss1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
So let's all get back to bashing TeamTecno cheesy
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
Abeg e... All na story. After the release of innjoo one, note and that of infinix if tecno don't change production strategy I will change my name to Tecno.
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Chimarto: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
With their freak phones which will download and install app without the owners knowledge.
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by eflintsone(m): 12:09am On Mar 04, 2015
mrdrizzy:
see lie,its becos dey cnt compete with the asia market jawe..mk dem stop dey jonz us..smh
see dis guy o lol , no b location ur bizness boom u go focus on ni ??
Re: Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa by Warlord3000(m): 3:47am On Mar 04, 2015
Hmmm

Where your treasure is. There lies your heart wink

Can they even stand the heat of the Xioami and the likes in ASIA cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 / How Good Is The Itel Brand? / MTN Announces Massive Price Cuts And Free Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.