Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Inability To Sign Into Yahoo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Inability To Sign Into Yahoo (613 Views)

Inability To Upload Flash Videos On Tinymce Content Management System / Inserting Newsletter Page Into Yahoo Email Compose / Problem Getting Into Yahoo Chat Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inability To Sign Into Yahoo by dekpo81: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2013
hello housemates, please can someone tell me what is going on with yahoo mail.I find it impossible to login on a computer anytime i try. i'm asked to answer a test question that i cant remember the answer to. the yahoo help section is not really helpful.
Thanks
Re: Inability To Sign Into Yahoo by yawatide(f): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
In my case, I had helped a friend send out emails to over 1000 people. Next thing you know, I am told "session expired". I refresh the screen, only to be told to log in. I enter the necessary credentials but to no avail. I then contact Yahoo and am given a temporary password to log in with. Once i do that, I am made to create a new password and after that, everything is back to normal.

It was quite scary considering it never happened to me before. I thought I had been hacked but they said my account was flagged for suspicious activity.

Try contacting them and see if that helps.

good luck!
Re: Inability To Sign Into Yahoo by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
As
long as they ar asking u the security question u used to open the
account, they wil never allow u to access the email until u answer the
question. it happened to a friend, he contacted yahoo and they told him for
security reasons that he must try to remember the answer to the
question. When he told them that he cant remember the answer, they asked
him to remember one word in the answer or something very close to the
answer. He stil told them that he could not and yahoo told him that there is
nothing they can do.
Re: Inability To Sign Into Yahoo by yawatide(f): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
^^^ Lesson of the day - don't randomly fill out answers to security questions because it shall come back to haunt you sooner or later tongue
Re: Inability To Sign Into Yahoo by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
That's true. People just choose a question and carelessly give an answer so that Yahoo will get out of their way and they will have their brandnew email account. But what they fail to understand is that the security question is very important to Yahoo and yahoo users. Yahoo will never give one access to an email whose security question cannot be answered.
Re: Inability To Sign Into Yahoo by kinggenesis(m): 5:51am On Jun 20, 2013
Try to login with your facebook account...... it will open without any queston.

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Better Bids- You Bid; You Win / I Need This Urgently / My Site Is Not Recognised By Google.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.