Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet (1792 Views)

Looking For Used Ps3 To Buy.... / I Need Help Jailbreaking My Ps3 On Ofw 4.55 / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Noctis(m): 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
A new update just rolled out from Sony for the PS3 which is giving many users their fair share of troubles including bricked consoles.

Official firmware 4.45 just got released and according to many user reports its causing bricks and other issues. Users are reporting that after updating the consoles, on boot, it gets stuck to the ribbon screen, and renders useless afterwards.

With no word from Sony yet, its in your best interest to wait. While this is not affecting everyone, it is taking a impact on a lot of people. A simple look at the PlayStation forums shows that the problem is wide spread and not isolated or yet resolved. PlayStation Customer service is aware of the issue and are giving inflicted users the cold shoulder and a simple “wait it out” until a solution is found.

There isn’t any indications as to what is causing this phenomenon, but from my analysis it seems to be a problem relating to PS3s with upgraded or changed HDDs. But there could be a plethora of other things causing the problems.

It’s always best to wait until Sony releases a fix. Its better to be safe than sorry. Stay tuned for updates. Hopefully a hotfix is en route.

Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Bawss1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
The fix isn't out yet is it?
Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Noctis(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-launching-ps3-firmware-fix-next-week-6410578

Basically, the link says they've identified the problem and they're releasing a fix next week.

"PS3 Firmware Update 4.45 was designed to improve system stability, and it did. You can’t get more stable than a bricked console!"

— CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO)
Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by ritchboy(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Thank Heaven for little mercies, i.e CFW grin grin grin
Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Noctis(m): 10:48am On Jun 26, 2013
Amen brother!!!
Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Bawss1(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
Thank Heavens too for me not even bothering to update in the first place. cheesy
Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Noctis(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Slightly less emphatic amen brother.
Re: Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet by Noctis(m): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
PS3 firmware version 4.46 replaces last week's faulty 4.45 update.

Instructions and download links at http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-issues-fix-for-broken-playstation-3-firmware-6410799

(1) (Reply)

Pls Will The Game: The Walking Dead Work On Infinix Hot, Or Tecno H5? / Best Soccer Game On Android / The Biggest Lottery Jackpot Winnings That Shook The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.