Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam (7077 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Ramadan The Month Of "sharing And Caring" / Ramadan The Decent Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
Every year in the month of Ramadan, all Muslims fast from early morning till sunset, abstaining from food, drink, and sexual relations (with wife). It is a unique Islamic way of worship which creates sincere love to God. Fasting infuse creative sense of hope, devotion, patience, unselfishness, moderation, willpower, wise saving, sound budgeting, mature adaptability, healthy survival, discipline, spirit of social belonging, unity and brotherhood. It is mentioned in Qur’an: “O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, that ye may ward off (evil);”(Qur’an;2:183).
The significance of Fasting has been emphasized in Qur’an: “The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desires for you ease; He desires not hardship for you; and (He desires) that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.” (Qur’an;2:185)

13 Likes

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 1:02am On Jun 20, 2013
19Days till Ramadan...we really need to get ready!
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 1:03am On Jun 20, 2013
What's the one thing that makes Ramadan so special to you?
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by golpen(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2013
It is a month everybody can testify to as that of peace. You see everybody striving towards good deeds like giving alms, reciting the Qur'an, praying regularly because they are aware of the folded rewards.

And the most noticeable is the dry hangouts; the bars, the pubs and other ungodly places. People abstain from those acts in the month.

Even the non-muslims benefit from this. They experience peace in the nights of Ramadan, they also gain the confidence to come out at night and move around, they testify to peace descending. We have been blessed with this month, and I am very excited and pray ALLAH grants us opportunities to witness many of it on earth.

11 Likes

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by oguntola18: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
reminds me of the pastor who wanted to join us in observing ramadhan some years ago

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by BlackPeni5: 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
golpen:

Even the non-muslims benefit from this. They experience peace in the nights of Ramadan, they also gain the confidence to come out at night and move around, they testify to peace descending. We have been blessed with this month, and I am very excited and pray ALLAH grants us opportunities to witness many of it on earth.

My prayer is that every other month is also Ramadan, so we can enjoy this peace all year round.

7 Likes

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by DJDOLA(m): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
yea ramadan dat month no food or drink til sunset even some christain dude respect dat month some christain wil not eat in present of their muslim friends...as a muslim i love all my christain friends and christain in NL i love u all

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by farem: 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
golpen: It is a month everybody can testify to as that of peace. You see everybody striving towards good deeds like giving alms, reciting the Qur'an, praying regularly because they are aware of the folded rewards.

And the most noticeable is the dry hangouts; the bars, the pubs and other ungodly places. People abstain from those acts in the month.

[color=
Peace? May be some of them have decided to suspend their atrocities. Even though the tots still fill their minds only that they may not be able/willing to indulge. This is a great difference between what Jesus Christ brought! A mere tot of evil or lust in your heart which no Shariah can detect or punish earns you a place in hell.
HOWEVER, BOKO HARAM and the likes still carry on the 'holy war' without let, not willing to be deprived of the allah's virgin. Piss upon them.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by DJDOLA(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
does fools dat call there self BH i think dis is d time u guys stop killing inocent people imagine u are fasting and u have bomb under ur jalamia loking 4 one church 2 dispose it GOD wil expose u

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by fitzmayowa: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
Allahu Akbar...Ramadan is here again

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by alowobaba(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
fasting n reading quran in dat month put one before ALLAH, a moment under ALLAH 's light is better than a thousand year of mundane life. use dis Ramadan period wisely ..
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Brimmie(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ramadhan Kareem To Y'all Muslim Brovas N Sisters Out There!!!

Let's Welcome The Holy Month.. Month Of No Sex, Month Of No Wine N Dine, Month That Stands Out!!

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by deols(f): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
marhaban ya Ramadan

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by deols(f): 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
Brimmie: Ramadhan Kareem To Y'all Muslim Brovas N Sisters Out There!!!

Let's Welcome The Holy Month.. Month Of No Sex, Month Of No Wine N Dine, Month That Stands Out!!

There is sex in Ramadan o. only in the night though and between married couples.

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by theripper: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
I just pray Boko-Haram, Al queda, Al shabaab etc would observe this ramadan fasting so dat we can at least have peace and tranquility the world over for at least one month.

Happy ramadan to dem muslim faithfuls.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Nonybb: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
eluquenson: Every year in the month of Ramadan, all Muslims fast from early morning till sunset, abstaining from food, drink, and sexual relations (with wife). It is a unique Islamic way of worship which creates sincere love to God. Fasting infuse creative sense of hope, devotion, patience, unselfishness, moderation, willpower, wise saving, sound budgeting, mature adaptability, healthy survival, discipline, spirit of social belonging, unity and brotherhood. It is mentioned in Qur’an: “O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, that ye may ward off (evil);”(Qur’an;2:183).
The significance of Fasting has been emphasized in Qur’an: “The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desires for you ease; He desires not hardship for you; and (He desires) that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.” (Qur’an;2:185)
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by http(m): 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nonybb: If u dont observe JESUS, forget it

^^^^ You are a bloddy fanatic, must everyone follow ur religion? am sure u a one big religious bigot.. very immature view.

Nonybb: I will humbly say this is chasing shadow. Christ is the reality

Same goes for you, pls save ur soul first... you are not compelled to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by kolamilan(m): 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
May the Ramadan bring us peace and prosperity, good health and wealth,and brighten our life forever and May the spirit of Ramadan illuminate the world and show us the way to peace and harmony.Allahumo Amin.

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by hayubee(m): 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
Allahu Akbar! Allam wasallam ramadan I pray Allah in his infinite mercy grants me nd every 1 d grace of fasting in dis qlorious month (amin)
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by http(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
hayubee: Allahu Akbar! Allam wasallam ramadan I pray Allah in his infinite mercy grants me nd every 1 d grace of fasting in dis qlorious month (amin)

Amin.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by eluquenson(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2013

@Nonybb
Dis is not the thread to argue nor preach against any religion,look for anoda thread cos its mainly for people dat are concerned with Islam the religion of peace and the fast approaching Holy month.
Pls don't constitute any issue here

2 Likes

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Siraleeyu(m): 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Black Peni5:

My prayer is that every other month is also Ramadan, so we can enjoy this peace all year round.
my brother, muslims are peace loving people even in other months,so its only the few misguided ones that are causing the unrest.......the prophet was always advocating for peace and love between one another.

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by kolamilan(m): 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2013
pls dont start what you can't finish.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Siraleeyu(m): 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
farem: [color=
Peace? May be some of them have decided to suspend their atrocities. Even though the tots still fill their minds only that they may not be able/willing to indulge. This is a great difference between what Jesus Christ brought! A mere tot of evil or lust in your heart which no Shariah can detect or punish earns you a place in hell.
HOWEVER, BOKO HARAM and the likes still carry on the 'holy war' without let, not willing to be deprived of the allah's virgin. Piss upon them.
sentimental!! U deserve a special place in da zooo

1 Like

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Siraleeyu(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nonybb: I will humbly say this is chasing shadow. Christ is the reality
u will remain in darkness which will eventually lead u to hell.....dumb ass

2 Likes

Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by greall1: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
I can't wait.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Legit: 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
Why can we get alond, you believe in your imported religion callled xtianity, they believe in their imported religion called Islam. Why must xtian always insult other faith, mayb xtian are not secure in their faith, let GOD ?? fight his/her/it?? own fight. Respect other as u want to b respected.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Mojiraheem(f): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
Alhamdulilahi, ramadhan is here again the most respectful month. countdown 18 days be fully prepare.
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by ct2: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
And the so call boko haram go fast tooooooooo
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by deols(f): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
ct)(:
And the so call boko haram go fast tooooooooo

I am not so sure of that. The boko haram that forces young girls into marriage and have illicit sexual intercourse with condoms and that smoke indian hemp may not be Muslims. They may not fast.

I hope they would learn Islam and live as Muslims
Re: Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam by Brimmie(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
deols:

There is sex in Ramadan o. only in the night though and between married couples.

That's not what i meant.. I mean while you are fasting! Thanks anyway!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1444 Hijri New Year: Tracing The Roots Of The Islamic Calendar / Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) / Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.