Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ramadan The Month Of "sharing And Caring" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan The Month Of "sharing And Caring" (891 Views)

Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / Ramadan The Decent Month / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan The Month Of "sharing And Caring" by mawaresms: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
‎"The best among you are those who have the best manners and character."
[Sahih Al Bukhari, Vol. 8 No.56]

This day shall We save you in your body,
that you may be a Sign to those who come after you!
But verily, many among mankind are neglectful of Our Signs”
--------------(Quran 10:92)-----------------------------

LOOK AT THE POWER OF ALLAH ALMIGHTY

VIRTUES OF FASTING
Fasting has numerous characteristics and virtues. Suffice it would be to mention the
following few:
1. Fasting leads to Allah’s forgiveness
2. Fasting protects one from Hellfire
3. Fasting causes one to enter Paradise
4. The reward of fasting is immense
5. Fasting will intercede for a person
1. FASTING LEADS TO ALLAH’S FORGIVENESS
Fasting in the month of Ramadan leads to Allah’s forgiveness. He, the Exalted, will
forgive all sins in this month. Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrates
that the Messenger of Allah , said: “Whosoever fasts [the month of] Ramadan with
iman and with the hope of seeking the reward [of Allah], all his sins will be forgiven.”
(Bukhari)
2. FASTING PROTECTS ONE FROM HELLFIRE
Abu Sa’id, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah ,
said: “Whoever fasts a day for the sake of Allah, his face will be distanced from the
Hellfire [at a distance equalling] seventy years.” (Bukhari). If fasting for a day means
that the face of the person fasting has been distanced seventy years away from the
Hellfire, what then of the one who fast all of Ramadan for the sake of Allah?
3. FASTING CAUSES ONE TO ENTER PARADISE
Abu Umamah, may Allah be pleased with him, said: “I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah ,
tell me of an action by which I may enter Paradise.’ He replied: ‘Take to fasting, there
is nothing like it.’” (An‐Nasa’i)
Furthermore, in Paradise itself a special gate has been reserved for those who fast
and it is through this gate that such people will enter Paradise. Sahl Ibn Sa’d, may
Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah , said: “Indeed
there is a gate of Paradise called Ar‐Rayyan. On the day of Resurrection, those who
fast will enter through it; no one enters it except for them, and when they have
entered, it is closed so that no one enters it.” (Bukhari)
4. THE REWARD OF FASTING IS IMMENSE
Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah
, said: “Allah said that all of the actions of the son of Adam are for him except for
fasting, for it is for Me and I will recompense it.” Fasting is a shield and when it is the
day when one of you fasts, then let him not speak indecently or argue, and if anyone
abuses or seeks to fight him then let him say ‘I am fasting’. By Him in whose hand is
the soul of Muhammad the smell coming from the mouth of the fasting person is
better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. For the fasting person there are
two times of joy, when he breaks his fast he is happy and when he meets his Lord he
is happy due to his fasting.” (Bukhari)
5. FASTING WILL INTERCEDE FOR A PERSON
Fasting will intercede for the believer on the Day of Judgement.7 Amru Ibn Al‐Aas,
may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah , said:
“Fasting and the Qur’an will intercede for the servant on the Day of Judgment. The
fast will say: ‘O My Lord, I prevented him from [eating] food and indulging in his
desires during the day, so allow me to intercede for him.’ The Qur’an will say: ‘I
prevented him from sleeping at night so allow me to intercede for him.’ They will
both [then be given the permission to] intercede for him.” (Ahmad)

VIRTUES OF THE MONTH OF RAMADAN
The month of Ramadan has many characteristics and virtues. It is the:
1. Month of the Qur’an
2. Month of Jihad
3. Month of Spending
4. Month of Du’a
5. Month of Repentance

Send affordable BULK SMS for ur SALES PROMO,EVENTS & MORE to grow LOYAL CUSTOMERS dis RAMADAN.Email us@ info@mawaresolutions.com OR Call:08028476570 For Details

Ramadan Mubaraq,Send personalized Dua/Eid wishes SMS to ur TOP 250 phone Contacts @ N500 only.Email us@ info@mawaresolutions.com or Call:08028476570 For Details

THIS CAN ALSO GO A LOOOONG WAY in the HEARTS OF OUR BELOVED FAMILIES< FRIENDS< FOLKS< FANS

(1) (Reply)

Fight Terrorism Jointly / What Next After Ramadan? / Muslim Men So Fashionable While Their Women Wear Medieval Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.