Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

How To Become An Chattered Accountant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become An Chattered Accountant (1897 Views)

5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant / Chattered Pensions Institute Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become An Chattered Accountant by Muphylad: 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON HOW TO BECOME A CERTIFIED CHATTERED ACCOUNTANT BY ICAN. AM A GRADUATE OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND WORKING IN AN AVIATION COMPANY. HOW MANY YEARS WILL IT TAKE ME TO BECOME CHATTERED.

MUPHYLAD
Re: How To Become An Chattered Accountant by dahmie2013: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2013
To be chartered, since you dont have a Accounting background, u will have to register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria as a student and thereby begin the exams from the foundation level. U will have to scale through 4 stages and they are; Foundation, Intermediate, Professional Examination (PE) 1 and PE 2. In all these stages, u'll take 4 papers each and u will need to register with a very good tuition house since u dont have any foundation in Accounting. I will recommend Wyse for you, this is because they have lecturers who are very sound in the discipline of Accounting and also have a good record of most passes in ICAN, coming from students from there. Its for your own good to enroll there cos, u'll never regret u did. I went there and they are a part of my success story as a Chartered Accountant. Go to this site, www.icanig.org for more details, they also have materials there so you can download and start reading.

The flip side, ICAN is a jealous programme, it will take all ur time, energy and financial resources. It involves alot of sacrifices, even ur relationship might be affected if not managed properly. First, ur weekends will be gone cos, u'll have to attend lectures which will span 4 minimum 4 months all through sat&sun (8am-9pm) b4 d exams, u'll need to buy materials cos u have to read and read again. It will take ur nights cos, its not good enof to just go 4 lecs, u need to read as well. First, u are working, but if ur job is so tight, just receive d lecs for this period and write the next exams which shud be next year. I say this because, if u dont have time to read, its best u dont write the upcoming xams, so u will use the next yr's wknds 2 read rather than go 4 lectures and this will in turn increase ur chances of passing. As u move on, u'll also get better strategies of passing. U're an engineer meaning, u're smart and highly numerical in nature, ur chances of passing even @ one sitting is very high if u give it what it takes.

All d best and welcome on board to a noble profession. I assure u, u'll never regret u made this decision. Everyone needs to be financially inclined regardless of whatever discipline. wink smiley

3 Likes

Re: How To Become An Chattered Accountant by ceej24: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
I am a science student who wants to become a chartered account, am beginning with the ATS and i want to learn on my own. What text books would suggest i use?
Re: How To Become An Chattered Accountant by akanbijm: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Yes, you are right dahmie2013 but with determination and self-discipline you will get to your destination.
Re: How To Become An Chattered Accountant by Muphylad: 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2013
@Dahmie thanks for the detail information. I will try and check out their site. Please one more question-how lucrative is it to become a chattered accountant? Is it worth the stress? Urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Re: How To Become An Chattered Accountant by dahmie2013: 10:24am On Jun 21, 2013
It is highly lucrative cos in some organisations, person's with such certificates are paid higher and also there are some positions dat require only a Qualified Accountant 2 occupy. So if u're not qualified, u cant get there and u'll also loose the benefits associated with it. But if u're pursuing a career in Accounting, u just need it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get TEFL Certified And Teach English Overseas.. / Entrepreneurship Seminar / Presentation / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At GTB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.