Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,345 members, 7,954,401 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:11 PM

Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered (748 Views)

Microsoft To Buy Nokia Phone Unit / Would You Buy Nokia Lumia 620? / I Want To Buy Nokia N8 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by vowiski(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2013
About 2-years ago, Nokia and Microsoft made a pact to bring all Nokia smartphones under the Windows mobile platform. Within that same period, it was reported that Microsoft has been in constant talks to buy Nokia’s phone division. Now, all that seem to be over, Wall Street Journal reports that the discussion has fallen apart.

Owing to the report from WSJ source, it appears Microsoft dumped the deal due to Nokia’s asking price. Currently, Nokia’s has a $14 billion market cap and anyone trying to acquire such a corporation would spend more than just a penny to make it become a reality. Microsoft should have known better. - See more at: http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/06/microsoft-ends-plans-to-buy-nokia-phone-division.html
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by mrdrizzy(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2013
Better,@least nokia can dump windows os..when their contract expire nd move to others
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by dgitrader(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
Google inc. Should bid for nokia, that would make better bizness sence. BEST HARDWARE+ BEST OS.
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by mrdrizzy(m): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
dgitrader: Google inc. Should bid for nokia, that would make better bizness sence. BEST HARDWARE+ BEST OS.
laye even i will follow and protest against that act..lol..why would u even think such sef..nokia isnt suffereing frm any money issues ..google should rather go bid for htc thats has many issues on their head..i only want them(nokia) to be able to run 2 os.either android or bid for the upcoming ubuntu os..
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by 4peace(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
dgitrader: Google inc. Should bid for nokia, that would make better bizness sence. BEST HARDWARE+ BEST OS.

awkward reason

so everybody should be using only one OS abi
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by moshoodn(m): 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
Nokia should run android...
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by vowiski(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
moshoodn: Nokia should run android...

They can't now. They still have a 1billion dollars Windows mobile OS smartphone exclusivity hanging on their neck. cheesy
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by Bawss1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
Misleading title. It should read Microsoft PLANNED to buy Nokia. . .

Click-baiting OP. tongue
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by vowiski(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Bawss1: Misleading title. It should read Microsoft PLANNED to buy Nokia. . .

Click-baiting OP. tongue

Hit the Edit button yourself tongue
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by Bawss1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Click bait. tongue
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by vowiski(m): 8:30am On Jun 29, 2013
Bawss1: Click bait. tongue

Go back to your hole.. cheesy
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by Bawss1(m): 9:37am On Jun 29, 2013
I see you have edited the title but the drama queen in you just had to add the word shattered. Anything for a bit of sensation eh? Oh well
Re: Microsoft's Plans To Buy Nokia Shattered by vowiski(m): 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bawss1: I see you have edited the title but the drama queen in you just had to add the word shattered. Anything for a bit of sensation eh? Oh well

You must be from another planet to think I edited any title.. Please take a seat dude!

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Asha Smartphones Receive A Major Software Update / Android Apps/games For Kids - Education / Mn Bis Subscription Is No More Working On My Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.