Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

P-Square - Personally - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square - Personally (44898 Views)

P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks / Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square - Personally by Kingzyice(m): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
kk...is that not cameron dancing with paw paw @ the end??anyways no matter wht d haterz and tribalist nitwits says abt diz vids it cn't tak away d fact dt diz vidz is sooooo on point!! undecidedkk...is that not cameron dancing with paw paw @ the end??anyways no matter wht d haterz and tribalist nitwits says abt diz vids it cn't tak away d fact dt diz vidz is sooooo on point!!
Re: P-Square - Personally by airmark(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Video is damn good. Another confirmation that Psquare is also average lyrically. 2face , Asa and Paul play top 'em.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Abagworo(m): 1:46am On Jun 22, 2013
airmark: Video is damn good. Another confirmation that Psquare is also average lyrically. 2face , Asa and Paul play top 'em.

You are partly right. P-Square used to have solid lyrics but had to switch to the present trend because they are more into dancing. This video is flawless and is one of the best of Naija. Probably only floored by another P-Square video "E No Easy".
Re: P-Square - Personally by mightiersa: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Kai smh angry angry sad

Can someone or anyone PERSONALLY tell dbanj this is how to make music?

can u just tell me the difference? both songs lack good lyrics... In fact, dbanj lyrics makes little sense.

Beat: Finally's beat is danceable that Parsonally's

and time will tell wc of the songs will make records.
Re: P-Square - Personally by UyiIredia(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2013
Downloading the track . . .

Downloaded it . . .

About to play it . . .
Re: P-Square - Personally by bestview: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
Psquare is the father of contemporary African music.

Their musical export is second only to Nigerian Black Gold.
Re: P-Square - Personally by 2sexyme: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2013
The video is good but the song is NOT as good as people are making it.

Their harmonizing is the strength of this song.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Abagworo(m): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
2sexy.me:
The video is good but the song is NOT as good as people are making it.

Their harmonizing is the strength of this song.

P-Square have not made much of good music in terms of lyrics and melody in recent years but the videos are viral. I never imagined I could ever tolerate "Alingo" until the video came out. I think they are more focused on video than audio and lyrics.
Re: P-Square - Personally by UyiIredia(m): 4:04am On Jun 23, 2013
Too average. I rate it 40. The thing is I have pretty high standard when it comes to P-Square due to the massive appeal of 'Game Over'. Subsequent releases have been okay but don't IMO reach the stated album. I think Alingo was better than this new song (visually and audio-wise). P-Square need to step their game up.

to Naija music lovers: don't settle for less. You kill the industry by doing that. I get surprised when I listen to a 'Finally' or 'Personally' and see it is GROSSLY over-hyped. I think they're loads of musicians on the sidelines with better songs. BlackMagic, Jaywon, Skales, Deshinor, Mr Val, aren't as popular but so far this year I think they've made better tracks.
Re: P-Square - Personally by 2sexyme: 4:47am On Jun 23, 2013
Yeah... Funny, with kind of comment people were dropping I thought that the song was something out of this world never heard before until i downloaded it and was like WTF!

Is this the song people were just hyping as if no song in Nigeria has never reach this hight?

No wonder people strive hard to make names for themselve with their first album and sing crap thereafter because Naija don't care as long as your first song was a hit.

But no doubt, the video is really top rated and P-square are hardworking and deserve every grain of praises.
Abagworo:

P-Square have not made much of good music in terms of lyrics and melody in recent years but the videos are viral. I never imagined I could ever tolerate "Alingo" until the video came out. I think they are more focused on video than audio and lyrics.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Too average. I rate it 40. The thing is I have pretty high standard when it comes to P-Square due to the massive appeal of 'Game Over'. Subsequent releases have been okay but don't IMO reach the stated album. I think Alingo was better than this new song (visually and audio-wise). P-Square need to step their game up.

to Naija music lovers: don't settle for less. You kill the industry by doing that. I get surprised when I listen to a 'Finally' or 'Personally' and see it is GROSSLY over-hyped. I think they're loads of musicians on the sidelines with better songs. BlackMagic, Jaywon, Skales, Deshinor, Mr Val, aren't as popular but so far this year I think they've made better tracks.
It is nobody's fault that jaywon and skales are not popular, blame it on their publicists. undecided

And it is okay if you rate the song 40/100, that's fine. But don't impose your opinion on us by telling us not to settle for less. The song and video is awesome and frankly, it takes a blind or tone deaf person to call it overhyped...no offense really.
Re: P-Square - Personally by 2sexyme: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2013
It is overhyped....

The video is superb but the song is not as people make it.

You are speaking out of sentiment if you say the song isn't over hyped and that's because of P-square's landmark and popularity, which is quite understandable and how we Nigerians do things...
ItsModella:
It is nobody's fault that jaywon and skales are not popular, blame it on their publicists. undecided

And it is okay if you rate the song 40/100, that's fine. But don't impose your opinion on us by telling us not to settle for less. The song and video is awesome and frankly, it takes a blind or tone deaf person to call it overhyped...no offense really.
Re: P-Square - Personally by 2sexyme: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2013
Madam Vikin, I see you oh. Na still me 2sexy.

Itsmodella, com'on we have heard great songs by the duo. What are we talking about here? Give me Onyinye anyday anytime a see me do my thing like a smooth operator.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2013
2sexy.me:
Madam Vikin, I see you oh. Na still me 2sexy.

Itsmodella, com'on we have heard great songs by the duo. What are we talking about here? Give me Onyinye anyday anytime a see me do my thing like a smooth operator.

Lol, am just seeing this thread. I think the video was great but the lyrics too childish,,.,it just me.

As for ppl comparing psquare and dbang, you guys should get a life!

They are Nigerians and doing us proud! You guys are here killing the small joy we are experiencing from our entertainment industry.

Go and fight ur corrupted leaders and let these young lads be.

Dbang and psquare if you are reading, kudos to you guys and let me know when next you come to Paris.

Just send me a pm here grin

Personally,

And I will scan it critically

Reply you as soon as possibly ......

I don tire abeg
Re: P-Square - Personally by 2sexyme: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2013
LMAO cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Vikin:
Just send me a pm here grin

Personally,

And I will scan it critically

Reply you as soon as possibly ......

I don tire abeg
Re: P-Square - Personally by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
2sexy.me:
It is overhyped....

The video is superb but the song is not as people make it.

You are speaking out of sentiment if you say the song isn't over hyped and that's because of P-square's landmark and popularity, which is quite understandable and how we Nigerians do things...
It's funny how you call the song/video overhyped when it just came out two days ago. Most people didn't even know the song until the video came out so the video is doing a very good job of hyping the song. And really, Onyinye should not be compared to Personally because Onyinye is a love song and Personally is not.

In Nigeria, where a lot of music is centered around girls, drinks and party, Personally is like a breath of fresh. We are not the ones hyping it, the song/video speaks for itself.

2 Likes

Re: P-Square - Personally by Spida(m): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
I think some people "personally" have have beef for Psquare.......FYI Psquare says They are gonna deal with all you haters Personally........... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: P-Square - Personally by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
As rickross says it,I shall say it in my mothers tongue ai na ko' maka ego,unu na ko iheozo-we talking money,u talking nonsense,dem dey smile go bank,una wey still dey drink garri dey criticize dem
Re: P-Square - Personally by UyiIredia(m): 4:44am On Jun 24, 2013
ItsModella:

Fair enough.

ItsModella:
And it is okay if you rate the song 40/100, that's fine.

Okay.

ItsModella:
But don't impose your opinion on us by telling us not to settle for less.

So will you settle for less ?

ItsModella:
The song and video is awesome and frankly, it takes a blind or tone deaf person to call it overhyped...no offense really.

The video, good, the song, poor. You may not be blind but you are tone-deaf. No offense.

1 Like

Re: P-Square - Personally by UyiIredia(m): 4:45am On Jun 24, 2013
ItsModella:
It's funny how you call the song/video overhyped when it just came out two days ago. Most people didn't even know the song until the video came out so the video is doing a very good job of hyping the song. And really, Onyinye should not be compared to Personally because Onyinye is a love song and Personally is not.

In Nigeria, where a lot of music is centered around girls, drinks and party, Personally is like a breath of fresh. We are not the ones hyping it, the song/video speaks for itself.

C'mon now ! The song was about babes.
Re: P-Square - Personally by mikeapollo: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2013
Bebetter: [size=18pt]Is it just me or does this song have the KUKERE BEAT underneath?[/size]

The beat underneath the song is clearly AZONTO beat....which is basically a fast-tempo Highlife with funkified rhythms. The so called 'Kukere beat' itself is was adapted from Azonto....Iyanya used a lot of Azonto stuff ( e.g the beat, dance, online youtube video clips etc) in his Kukere song and video.

I just hope our Nigerian musicians will also create an indigenous style and promote it globally instead of just copying and repeating the Azonto beats/dance in all their songs.
Re: P-Square - Personally by jiggaz(m): 8:52am On Jun 24, 2013
I cant help laughing at the comments... Lol grin Well different strokes for different folks... The song is good, it will definitely grow on many people but the video is da bomb!! Big ups to P Square & all the top artistes reppin Naija...
Re: P-Square - Personally by jiggaz(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2013
mikeapollo:

The beat underneath the song is clearly AZONTO beat....which is basically a fast-tempo Highlife with funkified rhythms. The so called 'Kukere beat' itself is was adapted from Azonto....Iyanya used a lot of Azonto stuff ( e.g the beat, dance, online youtube video clips etc) in his Kukere song and video.

I just hope our Nigerian musicians will also create an indigenous style and promote it globally instead of just copying and repeating the Azonto beats/dance in all their songs.
And how did Azonto come enter dis discussion? Dis boy u really need help, na real wa for you oo. We are talking PERSONALLY, u are talking Azonto. Abeg no derail dis thread if u no get anything to say.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Abagworo(m): 9:49am On Jun 24, 2013
mikeapollo:

All these myopic people sef. "Kukere" is more or less "Coupe de Cale" in beats. Coupe de cale is like Ivorian soukous. The dance step in "Kukere" is a traditional Cross River dance known as "Etighi". It is older than both "Azonto" and "Coupe de Cale",

1 Like

Re: P-Square - Personally by 2sexyme: 11:10am On Jun 24, 2013
You think it's everyone that knows good music?

This is Naija we are talking about... Just mix concotion and good beats and you have fans...

Smh!
Uyi Iredia:
The video, good, the song, poor. You may not be blind but you are tone-deaf. No offense.
Re: P-Square - Personally by UyiIredia(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
2sexy.me:
You think it's everyone that knows good music?

This is Naija we are talking about... Just mix concotion and good beats and you have fans...

Smh!

True talk. First time I noticed the Okoye twins was on MTV in a video to one of the 'Busy Body album' tracks. Impressive. They've been consistent, even better at dancing but their singing of recent has kinda lost its 'global appeal feel'. That's how 'The Invasion' was to me though I think it was good. Alingo was okay but this song ! - poor (and I'm quite lenient in saying so). At least P-Square fans like Modella should console themselves with the fact that I think it's better to the trash singles D'Banj has released.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Abagworo(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

True talk. First time I noticed the Okoye twins was on MTV in a video to one of the 'Busy Body album' tracks. Impressive. They've been consistent, even better at dancing but their singing of recent has kinda lost its 'global appeal feel'. That's how 'The Invasion' was to me though I think it was good. Alingo was okay but this song ! - poor (and I'm quite lenient in saying so). At least P-Square fans like Modella should console themselves with the fact that I think it's better to the trash singles D'Banj has released.

Even though this song is probably their worst song lyrically (competing with "Alingo"wink, I have a feeling the video might go viral internationally. It beats Chris Browns "She ain't You" in terms of MJ cloning.
Re: P-Square - Personally by mikeapollo: 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo:

All these myopic people sef. "Kukere" is more or less "Coupe de Cale" in beats. Coupe de cale is like Ivorian soukous. The dance step in "Kukere" is a traditional Cross River dance known as "Etighi". It is older than both "Azonto" and "Coupe de Cale",

Go and watch the Kukere video again.....most of the dance steps in the video(apart from Iyanya's video crew members) were Ghanaians(including the small boy) dancing Azonto which Iyanya copied/downloaded directly from Youtube.

The Coupe de Cale dance is different.!
Re: P-Square - Personally by jiggaz(m): 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
mikeapollo:

Go and watch the Kukere video again.....most of the dance steps in the video(apart from Iyanya's video crew members) were Ghanaians(including the small boy) dancing Azonto which Iyanya copied/downloaded directly from Youtube.

The Coupe de Cale dance is different.!
#SMH for you... E be like say dem really swear for you with dis Azonto tin. How Azonto take com enta dis thread again oo,hmmm see gobe oo. Plz Sir i know u love ur country Ghana so much, but can u please take ur contribution to GhanaWeb cos dis is Nairaland. Or better still, if it will make u sleep better dis nite, yes Iyanya's Kukere is copied from Azonto infact the whole Nigerian music is copied from Azonto.. grin grin grin Kele Kele love, aboki, bad guy p, olamide's voice of the street, banky w's yes/no are all copied from Azonto!! grin grin Lmao!! Shey dis go make u feel better? @Abagworo my broda plz dont waste ur time replying dis boy. If u go all thru his posts, its always about dis Azonto thing, abt who copied who. Dont bother with him.
Re: P-Square - Personally by Ojestas(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
some Pple PERSONALLY hate gud music,,dey must definitely beef p square.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman / Download Middle Child By J Cole / Download Music: Juice WRLD - Hear Me Calling Full Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.