Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Software For 3D And Animated Movies? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Software For 3D And Animated Movies? (3989 Views)

Ask Questions About 3d And Visual Effects Here I Will Be Glad To Answer / 3D And What It‘s Worth. / Need Spirited 2d,3d And Graphics Talents For A Team Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by Zule(m): 2:22pm On May 20, 2006
Going Into 3d And Creating Animated Movies

Please,
i am thinking of going into 3d, 2d, 4d i need to some advice on the software recommended to buy
(Segun, charlisco, and many others help me out)
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by aqua(m): 12:56am On May 22, 2006
3d studio max, iclone, maya.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by DaHitler(m): 4:40am On May 22, 2006
I have done some work with Maya. It is a very nice and easy to use. I would recommend it if you are new to 3d designing/animation.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by soar7(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2006
Afeni, thanks 4 d info. Pls can u recommend a place in lagos where i can get these software.
I tried to install encarta '06 i got from the computer village, ikeja and my system started 'hanging'.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by soar7(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2006
Aqua, pls recommend a place.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by Zule(m): 3:05pm On May 22, 2006
Afeni:

I have done some work with Maya. It is a very nice and easy to use. I would recommend it if you are new to 3d designing/animation.
pls,
Are those software u recommended in abundant in the market? As in can i purchase them in the market or any computer shop
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by gdi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2006
you can get maya and 3ds max from computer village in ikeja and check these links for tutorials
www.cs.vu.nl/~eliens/design/@archive/games/maya-tutorial.pdf
www.atreid.com/media/newinmaya5.pdf
www.animation.ots.dk/~kurgan2/packageforschool/Fundamentals.pdf
lapa.epfl.ch/downloads/Modeling%20in%20MAYA_MEL_6.pdf
that all i have found now more later wink
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by spade: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2006
I have animated lots of characters using Maya, 3d Studio Max 8 and the rest and I think Maya is the best so far. The program has been used to render the effects in such movies as Star Wars and is really some neat shit
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by texazzpete(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
Son, if encarta 2006 hangs your pc, u need to buy you a new one. Try one of the new dual core processor systems, preferrably one with a 3d graphics card.
I think maya and 3ds max are seriously system intensive, with high requirements,
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by dekin(m): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2006
i just installed encarta 2006 two days ago and its working fine. if yours hang then probably ur processor is of a lower grade, ur RAM memory is less than required, try downloading micromedia shockwave 10 and reinstal it. i had to do that for mine to work properly cos it kept asking 4 dat.or upgrade ur vga card.one or a combination of these shld help u out
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by bombom911: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2006
You can try blender 3D it's free and it's good too,
http://www.blender3d.org
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by kimba(m): 4:48am On Sep 21, 2006
heres my own list that im currently using:

3D Studio Max, u might need to get the cracks , mail me for more info
Google Sketchup / Google Earth
Serif 3D plus 2.0, its free, needs license,
My 3D
Maya - as someone has said
a couple of freewares on the web, that dont do much.

@soar7
Afeni, thanks 4 d info. Please can u recommend a place in lagos where i can get these software.
I tried to install encarta '06 i got from the computer village, ikeja and my system started 'hanging'.

I believe you know where Ikeja is in Lagos state.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by texazzpete(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2006
kimba:

heres my own list that im currently using:

3D Studio Max, u might need to get the cracks , mail me for more info
Google Sketchup / Google Earth
Serif 3D plus 2.0, its free, needs license,
My 3D
Maya - as someone has said
a couple of freewares on the web, that don't do much.

@soar7
I believe you know where Ikeja is in Lagos state.

cracks, huh? LOL! grin
Seriously sha, wonder where we'd all be if not for cracks, serials and warez. all hail the hackerz!
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by alexis(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2006
Blender is cool; it's free and easy to learn
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by ansgar: 4:42am On Oct 03, 2006
[b][/b][i][/i]
Guy i know onething and that is the fact that i know someone who can get you any software at all that you need, so if you need my assisitance i can give em to you.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by spade: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2006
alexis:

Blender is cool; it's free and easy to learn

EASY TO LEARN!!?

How o?
Please if you can help me with this program, I will be grateful. Where doess One Start? That software is too cofusing for me.
How does one even start to draw or know the basics? I don't know. Abeg Help Me man.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by alexis(m): 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2006
Spade,

Blender is written in python programming language. You will have to download and install python before you install blender. You can get python at www.python.org.

After that, get blender at blender.org. There is an offline html zip file that will teach you most things you need, download that as well and follow the examples just the way they are.

That was how I used it and I got some pretty good results.
Re: Software For 3D And Animated Movies? by Pins(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
Also when you want to reach the higher levels try out Adobe after effects it's pretty cool.

(1) (Reply)

Advance Film & Multimedia Training In Lagos / A Nairalander's Drawing Of Another Nairalander (is It You) Episode 2 / Few Most Recent Logo designs by Artware Visuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.