Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

How To Stop A Bad Habit - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stop A Bad Habit (751 Views)

Is Excessive Drinking Habit A Cause For Being Pot Bellied? / 8 Bad Habit That Could Hurt Your Waist / Unable To Stop Throwing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop A Bad Habit by hemartins(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
this is from me to you.
**How to stop a bad habit**
I wrote an article about how to stop a bad habit and i would like to give you a brief summary on it.
Here is goes:
What is an habit? An habit is an action which by continuous repeatation becomes spoontaneous or even unconscious to that person.
When an action is been done so many times, it becomes so easy to carry out at anytime. Some of this actions could be dangerous. The bad actions are called 'bad habits'
Examples of bad habit include smoking, stealing, biting of finger nails, lying, masturbation, etc.( i might not mention yours but always know it is always among the list)
Bad habits are considered offensive either to the public or the doer. Must of us involved in this sometimes wished we can stop it.
Yes i agree wit you. You can if truely you want to.
Here is a comprehensive list that might help you with your quest.
1. Make up you mind to stop-
without you first making that decision, you just might not stop it. Yeah i know you alreadly had attempts on making decisions to stop it and still you found your self doing it again. This time, remember all the times you've tried and failed. This time, i'm not gonna fail again. Say that to yourself.

2. Talk about it and condem it publicly:

Once you start to condem it, you will take measures not to get caught in the act. Do you agree?

3. Create a hundred days calender.

Make a chat of a hundred days. Each day you succeed in your quest, you tick a day. Do this till you complete all the days. Make a review of your progress weekly and treat yourself right each time you succeed.
4. Keep trying

Don't give up, keep trying. Even if you just cant break loose. Habit takes a long time to build and it also a long time to break. It requires patient too. Be persistent. I belive you can do it.

The name is E. Martins, the 't' is silent
Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by hemartins(m): 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
don't just view it, make your comments. Thanks
Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
A good one. You would be a great writer if you would continually work on improving your writing style(not saying this one is bad).
You said 100 days, but i read a research few weeks ago that states that 21 days is all it takes to form good habits.
And very importantly for those with really bad habits, one also need to read more about those who were once in your shoes and how they conquered it. Doing this does two vital things for you:
1. It gives you hope and assurance that you can truly break away from it. And you surely need the assurance!
2. It provides you with proven ways from their life experiences of how they overcome the habit.
Yes you can!

1 Like

Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by hemartins(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2013
thanks. You sound so matured. Thanks again.
Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2013
hemartins: thanks. You sound so matured. Thanks again.
lol. Thanks, am flattered.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by hemartins(m): 8:55am On Jun 23, 2013
i have more articles, can i post them on NL. I really need audience.
Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2013
hemartins: i have more articles, can i post them on NL. I really need audience.
sure

(1) (Reply)

Stretch Marks And Skin Problems / We Won't End Strike Over EBOLA Death - Lagos NMA / Cure For Ebola Virus Disease Just Discovered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.