Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Episode 10 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Episode 10 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence (528 Views)

6000 Years Of Human Existence Will End In 1975 / The Mystery Behind Human Existence / Purpose Of Human Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 10 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence by AdefarakanAO: 11:31am On Jun 23, 2013
[b]THE SPECIAL MERCY OF GOD
To start with, I want you to know that the pardon you receive when you ask for forgiveness from God is not the mercy we are talking about here. Although that one is also mercy! Because mercy is of two (2) types:
1. The one that overlook sin (i.e. forgiveness/pardon/amnesty etc [Matt. 6:14, 5:7]).
2. The one that exempt people from almost all the ups and downs of life (Rom.9:15-16 NIV & KJV).
This No 2 type it’s called The Special Mercy of God, and it’s the one I want to talk about here. Like I said earlier, the No 1 type of mercy is opened to all. It’s opened to everyone because God forgives sin when you acknowledge your sin and ask for forgiveness. But this No 2 type is only by God’s choice. I mean it’s only by “Divine Discretion”. What does discretion mean? Discretion means the” freedom and authority” that someone in a “position of Authority” has to decide what to do for a particular person or in a particular situation. Now, the one in this position of Authority is GOD. He decides whom to show this type of mercy (i.e. the No 2 type). This No 2 type of mercy is the custodian of “all God’s blessings”, because it exempts the beneficiary from almost all the ups and downs of life. The truth is only few people are beneficiaries of this type of mercy. That is why if you are not part of those that are ordained for this kind of mercy, you can use your “good state of mind” to get what this mercy is doing for those that has it. Sincerely speaking, if you are not a beneficiary of this type of Mercy, all you have gotten in life, and all you will still get in life (either good/bad) is through your “state of mind”. Hear this, as good as prayer is (because prayer in faith is an expression of good state of mind), it can’t deliver to you this kind of No 2 mercy, even if you include ‘fasting’ it would not bribe God. Your actions and your generosity cannot get this type of mercy. This type of mercy is what the Bible explains in Rom.9:15-16 (KJV & NIV). God Himself said, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will have Compassion on whom I will have compassion. It does not therefore depend on man’s desire (willingness) or effort (prayer is effort), but of God that shows mercy. What does that imply? It means the selection of whom to show “this type of mercy “, it’s only by God’s discretion. And he has already done it. So you are either among those He has selected or not. Because it is written, “…the works were finished from the foundation (creation) of the world (Heb.4:3). If you are not among the selected, the goodnews is this; go and study how to maximize “good state of mind” as I have stated in the previous episodes. This is your only alternative!
This type of mercy is for the “Specially Divinely Elected” and only children of God are qualified to be in this position. You will understand later what it means to be “Specially Divinely Elected”. But now, let’s look into the attributes of the people that operates in this kind of mercy:
• They are always selected for special treatment.
Let’s use “John the Beloved” as a case study:
Except John, all the disciples of Jesus died a very painful death, including Mathias that replaced Judas (they are all Martyrs). This John was thrown into a cauldron of burning oil, and he escaped miraculously without an injury. It was after this he wrote the “Book of Revelation” Rev. 1:1. He was the only Apostle who escaped violent death. This is what we call “Special Treatment”.
• They are always on time.
Examine this case study:
There is a man I know, he’s a Nigerian. He was born and groomed in a poor village (that is fate), but he’s always on time about everything that pertain to his life; he graduated and married at his early 20s, and married to a 19 year old woman (educated woman). I’m sure you know what that means, if you are a Nigerian. Of course we know some people are still seeking admission to school at 25 years old. So, this man became “PhD holder” and a “senior lecturer” in a reputable University at his 30s. if you are 30 years old and you are a senior lecturer, and a PhD holder, I’m sure you know what it means, because in the whole world the highest level of University qualification for students is PhD, and the highest University Academic staff rank is Senior Lecturer (there is no Most Senior Lecturer). Not only that, he has children and him with his family gave their life to Jesus around this age (what a complete life!), he owned a Mansion (not just a building), and also owned a good car. All of these at his 30s! Also, at his 30s, he was already representing Nigeria & Africa in an International competition. Now this person is world wide known today, and he’s still flying. This is someone that has the fate of a desertful village background, a village that didn’t even know much about Jesus, most of what they do is “idol worship”. But this special mercy singled him out. It singled him from all of his siblings, because his parents gave birth to many children. Now, nearly everyone has heard his name world wide, but the names of his siblings are not known. This is Mercy of God @ work! If you are not ordained for this type of mercy, once again, your only alternative is your “Good State of Mind”.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO KNOW EARLIER! WE LOVE YOU!