Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,472 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:18 AM

Footballers Or Fashion Icons? World's Best 11 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Footballers Or Fashion Icons? World's Best 11 (1054 Views)

Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. / 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 / Who Deserves World Best Player Btw Messi Nd Ronaldo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Footballers Or Fashion Icons? World's Best 11 by gidiMonsta(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2013
With the football season at an end and our favourite stars off vacationing in different parts of the world, we at Ember365 presents the 11 most Stylishly Dressed footballers of the season (in no particular order of course).

1. DAVID BECKHAM:

I lied, its in a particular order and David tops the list. He is truly a modern-day icon in that his fame extends well beyond football. He represents a notion of modern masculinity - strong, fit, healthy for sure, but also sensitive and considerate. There was a time when footballers were not considered to be fashion role models. David changed all that. He models professionally for a lot of the world's top fashion brands.

2. THIERRY HENRY:

Popularly known as Igwe (which means King in Igbo) to the millions of football followers in Nigeria, Thierry is indeed King but not just of the green grass, he also rules the runway. His style and swag coupled with his soccer wizardry leaves you racking your brain just to get an adequate vocab to describe this hunk. He has been known to use fashion to fight racism.

3. CHRISTIANO RONALDO:

Messi may be Ronaldo's arch nemesis in football but he doesn't even come close when it comes to Fashion. Christiano was once quoted saying: “Off the field I like to go out, but not too much. I love to dress well, love Italian fashion. And I like to eat well. But in general I'm a simple guy. Cars are not my great passion, but I think it's important to have the best. To me, music is a must;”. A fashion icon that he is, Cristiano always makes heads turn due to his outrageous style which he accessorizes with oodles of attitude. His fashion sense has made him one of the most imitated personality in the word. Also he loves to shop, whether it is for himself or for his numerous girlfriends. He has his own fashion line called CR7 Collections and CR9 watches.

4. Xabi Alonso:

Born Xabier "Xabi" Alonso Olano in the Basque region of Spain in 1981, This gorgeous Madridsta is not just known for his intrinsic vision, his ability to read the game and deliver those deadly passes on the green pitch; his sense of fashion is legendary in Spain. In 2010 the Spanish media voted him as the Best dressed footballer in the world! In his past time he models for Polo Ralph Lauren, Prada, IWC Shaffhausen, Adidas. Dsquared and a host of other top labels.

5. Michael Ballack:

Michael Ballack has the reputation of being one of the most physically fit players of his generation, and most female admirers consider him one of the most dashing footballers around. Unfortunately, his scores of suitors will have to turn the attention elsewhere, as Ballack has been happily committed to his long-term girlfriend Simone Lambe since 2008. The couple have three children together.

6. Gerard Pique: Mr Shakira, one of a few names giving to him when he and the songstress Shakira came out of the closet with their relationship exudes masculinity with his intimidating presence and icy blue stare. A sense of style that mimics a model and a face like Chris Hemsworth, it doesn't really get better than that. His moniker "Kipo" which means "happy" is an apt description of this "Spanish Thor" who's always ready with a smile for either team-mate or opponent.

7. Iker Casilas: Nicknamed the saint iker, a rare homegrown talent that has given his all to madrid. Iker made during the 2010 World Cup for being distracted during their opening match by his reporter girlfriend sara carbonero. His sense of style is well above his peers and in 2006. He was recently named sexiest man alive by Glamour Magazine.

8. Luca Toni: The Pavullo de frignano born striker, stading at 6ft 5in. is simply put the definition of a man according to greek mythology. Possessing a physique that rivals any top runway model. He has appeared on the cover of magazines including vanity fair.

9. Hidetoshi Nakata: Once dubbed Japan's David Beckham, Nakata has always had a unique sense of style. After retiring at age 29 following a crappy year at Bolton, he decide to pursue his other passion Modelling. He had a stint as a GQ model and also appeared on Japanese GQ. On a week trip to London once, he packed two suitcases of clothes "just to keep things different"

10.Kevin Prince Boateng:

Born to a Ghanaian Father and German Mother. Nicknamed the "The Ghetto Kid", Kevin is a flamboyant midfieder with a good sense of style with a knack for stirring up trouble. Dubbed as the replacement for Ballack before switching to play for his Father's Homeland. He recently harsh remarks from his fans after dumping his wife for a model who is known for being a social climber.

11. Dani Alves:

Daniel Alves da Silva (born 6 May 1983), commonly known as Dani Alves, is a Brazilian footballer. He plays as an offensive right defender for FC Barcelona and the Brazilian national team.

Source

(1) (Reply)

Uruguay Cry Foul Over Eaglets Win / Moyes Out!!! / Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.