Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt (5505 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / Son Of Sheikh Zakzaky, Others Martyred In Al-Quds Day Procession In Zaria / Muslims Protecting A Catholic Church In Egypt During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Zhulfiqar1: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
vedaxcool:

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8k4clSHQDEc

Hassan Shehata then responded by saying that Aisha the WIVE of the Prophet (he LITERALLY ADDED THAT!) was a Fasiqah and criminal who hurted the Ahl Al-Bayt and unjustly killed Muslims, so may the curse of Allah be upon her/the wrath of Allah be upon her or the WRATH of Allah upon me (Shehata), if I am a liar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=29PPYf0l3Wk

In fact, after the famous Mubahila, Shehata appeared on ‘FADAK TV’, the channel of the rabid Yasser Al-Habib. He reconfirmed all his slander and responded to some rumours that after the debate he was struck by cancer or other illnesses. He dismissed all these rumours as ‘lies of the Wahhabis and Sunnis’ and to confirm that there is nothing wrong with him he repeated his insults against the Sahaba and the Mother of The Believers Aaisha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=29PPYf0l3Wk

whats the point of bringing up these? are you trying to question his character or what?

it is part of being Shia to dislike Aisha and certain companions.to the Shia,the so called hadith of the ten promised paradise is fabrication,as life is a continuous test till death.the concept of "saved" in this world is a Christian concept alien to Islamic belief,and particularly as expressed in this verse:

"[29:2] Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe," without being put to the test?"

are you justifying the killing of Sheikh Shahata because of his animosity to Aisha and some sahaba? that is the entire point of the incident and this thread.this man was killed because of his belief.the Shia dislike Aisha.the Shia do not believe in the just and unquestionable character and faith of all the companions without distinction as Sunnis do.if having certain beliefs promote the idea to be killed,then that is not part of Islam.

you can take a look at the below video to see what I am talking about (the confused/ridiculous Sunni position making all the companions beyond criticism) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEc25Tys1_4

His own son (hamza Shehata) exposed him on air and mentioned how sick his father was and how (even whilst being a Sufi!)

he started cursing the Sahaba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lwsudZHGUBM

there is no where the son stated that his father was ill in the link you provided.you can feel free to quote the words in Arabic if you think otherwise.

The botttomline is Shehata was wrong to repeatedly provoke and denigrate others, but only the govt. of ay country reserve the right to undertake executions of people only after they have been tried and sentenced, hence the mob must be brought to justice

Sheikh Shahata by Shia standards and morals,he was too aggressive in his methodology.regardless,he never called to harm any Sunni.his aggressive method or his conflicting views should not be excuse to kill him.the Christians say God "begot" a son,and the Quran describes that in Surat Mariam as something very heinous to say upon which the skies and the earth could tear asunder.however it is forbidden to kill the innocent soul based on differences in beliefs,claims or approach.

as for his son being Sunni while the father is Shia,there is no compulsion in religion.i have heard also that the son of chief Wahhabi/salafist Sheikh in the world,Yusuf al-Qaradawi,is Shia.also,you should remember that the Shia honor Muhammad (ra) Ibn Abu Bakr while they dislike his father,abu bakr who was the first sunni caliph.Muhammad (ra)Ibn Abu Bakr was a Shia/follower of Imam Ali (as) and he opposed his father.is that something wonderful too that you should take into consideration especially that abu bakr (your first sunni caliph) was his father?

please stick to the topic and stop derailing.if killing any soul for its beliefs is forbidden,no matter what this man said with his mouth (without harming anyone),he does not deserve to be killed by the salafist/Wahhabi terror-mongers.
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Naima00: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
so is Shia Islam prominent in Nigeria?
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Zhulfiqar1: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
Naima00: so is Shia Islam prominent in Nigeria?

There is an estimated 2-10 million Shia Muslims in Nigeria.and there is a statistic (not verified) that everyday 10 people become Shia Muslim in Nigeria.
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Naima00: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:

There is an estimated 2-10 million Shia Muslims in Nigeria.and there is a statistic (not verified) that everyday 10 people become Shia Muslim in Nigeria.
Wow that is something I definately did not know. So are there more Shia's than Sunni's in Nigeria?
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Zhulfiqar1: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
Naima00:
Wow that is something I definately did not know. So are there more Shia's than Sunni's in Nigeria?

apparently yes based on practice,or for the fact that the majority of Muslims in Nigeria are not Shia.but nominally no,the Sunnis are not more because the majority of Nigeria's Muslims (who practice Sunnism) do not actually know they are Sunnis.they are ignorant of their practices and beliefs which are peculiar to the Sunni sect.ask any Nigerian Muslim who isn't Shia whether he is Sunni,and he wouldn't know what is "Sunni",while he practices it. grin
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Naima00: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:

apparently yes based on practice,or for the fact that the majority of Muslims in Nigeria are not Shia.but nominally no,the Sunnis are not more because the majority of Nigeria's Muslims (who practice Sunnism) do not actually know they are Sunnis.they are ignorant of their practices and beliefs which are peculiar to the Sunni sect.ask any Nigerian Muslim who isn't Shia whether he is Sunni,and he wouldn't know what is "Sunni",while he practices it. grin
That's really interesting. So instead of ascribing to Sunnism ( sorry never heard that before)is there a particular madhab or school of thought that they consider themselves? Do most people not distinguish themselves as one thing or another do they prefer to just say Muslim. I hope I'm not asking too many questions its just that I am fascinated about it all. BTW Are you Shi'i yourself?
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Zhulfiqar1: 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Naima00:
That's really interesting. So instead of ascribing to Sunnism ( sorry never heard that before)is there a particular madhab or school of thought that they consider themselves? Do most people not distinguish themselves as one thing or another do they prefer to just say Muslim.
Sunnism= Sunni Islam.

when our ancestors became Muslims,they were simply told it is Islam they are following.the Sunni arabs who converted them never told them that what they brought was Sunni Islam,which is only one face of the coin.Sunnism was the official religion of the (sunni) caliphate and the Shia were persecuted.so while the middle east was divided,the official version was what was exported into West Africa and elsewhere.as for north Africa,it has a long and early history with Shia Islam.

I hope I'm not asking too many questions its just that I am fascinated about it all. BTW Are you Shi'i yourself?

I am Shi'i/Shia Muslim.alhamdulillah.
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Naima00: 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2013
Really interesting, thanks for answering my questions so graciously, appreciate it!
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Zhulfiqar1: 12:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Naima00: Really interesting, thanks for answering my questions so graciously, appreciate it!

welcome!

1 Like

Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by LagosShia: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Wahhabi muftis, Israel behind Shia killing in Egypt: Cleric

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20130628/shamseddin20130628124250720.jpg[/img]
A mob of Takfiri extremists drag the body of the Shia cleric Sheikh Hassan Shehata through the streets of a village in Egypt’s Giza Province on 23 June 2013.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:28PM

A senior Iranian cleric says Israel and extremist Wahhabi muftis are to blame for the recent murder of a Shia cleric and three of his followers in Egypt.

“Such crimes have always existed and will continue to exist, but today we are faced with a criminal phenomenon which kills people in the name of Islam and ... in the form of Takfiri Wahhabism,” Ayatollah Seyyed Ahmad Khatami said in the holy city of Qom on Thursday.

He also described the perpetrators of such crimes as “simple-minded people who have been brainwashed” and believe that their murderous acts are service to God.

The cleric also denounced Wahhabi muftis for ordering Shia Muslims killed by calling them infidels, while the Holy Qur’an has clearly noted that those who believe in the essentials of Islam cannot be considered infidels.

Ayatollah Khatami, however, made a distinction between Wahhabism and Sunni Islam, pointing out efforts made by Sunni scholars to shed light on the nature of the extremists.

“Wahhabism started with murder and crime from day one and is a brainchild of the British colonialism,” he noted.

Ayatollah Khatami further condemned Israel for sowing discord among Muslims in order to tarnish the image of Islam and portray it as cruel and violent.

On June 23, several hundred Takfiris attacked and surrounded the house of Shia cleric, Sheikh Hassan Shehata, in the village of Abu Mussalam in Giza Province near the capital Cairo. The Takfiris killed the cleric and three of his followers and dragged their bodies on the streets.

The grisly murder drew strong criticism from Egyptian politicians and promoted Amnesty International to demand Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi to address the violence against Shias in the country.

Amnesty’s Deputy Director for Middle East Programs Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui called on Cairo to immediately order an independent and impartial probe into the incident.

“Egyptian authorities must ... send a clear message that carrying out attacks and inciting violence against Shia Muslims will not be tolerated,” Sahraoui urged.

MRS/SS

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/28/311235/wahhabism-israel-behind-shia-killing/
Re: Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt by Rafidi: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
"We have the determination to resist your injustice.And we will not surrender.The most you can do is kill us.And we welcome martyrdom for the sake of Allah.Life does not end when a man dies.real life begins when he dies".

-Saudi Shia Muslim Scholar,Ayatollah Nimr Baqer al-Nimr addressing the terrorist Wahhabi/Salafist Sunni Takfiris.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Permissibility Of Observing Eid Maulid Dun-Nabi (Prophet' Birthday) / Norway Christian Terrorist Motive:"to Demand Crusade Against Spread Of Islam" / Have You Completed The Six Fast Of Shawwal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.