Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Emenike Is Back! We Need Him And Other Nigerian Strikers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Is Back! We Need Him And Other Nigerian Strikers (618 Views)

Without Mba Keshi Is Nothing ,without Ideye ,emenike Is Nothing / Emenike Is Best Eagle In Europe / Super Eagles Striker Emmanuel Emenike Is Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Is Back! We Need Him And Other Nigerian Strikers by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2013
24 June, 2013 at Monday, June 24, 2013 Emenike back from injury Fit-again Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike is
targeting a return to the Super Eagles' side in
their crucial World Cup qualifier against Malawi in
September. Emenike has only just come back from injury
following six weeks out with a knee problem.
Now he is hoping he can pick up where he left
off for club and country. "I suffered that terrible injury while my
confidence was high and luckily I have returned
to training after six weeks out," he told BBC
Sport. "I am not at 100 per cent yet, I still need match
rhythm with my club and get back to rewarding
them for the support, and honour our loyal fans
and everyone who stood by me. "After five very difficult months, I also hope to
play for my country again in September." With the African Champions struggling at the
ongoing Fifa Confederations Cup, his absence has
further denied them a key threat up front. "At the moment we have capable strikers in the
squad and it is very important this team and fans
come together because these players represent
our country." Back in March the African Cup of Nations top
scorer had criticised the country's coach Stephen
Keshi and officials for ignoring him after he
suffered an injury at the Nations Cup. But after speaking at length with both the coach
and president of the Nigeria Football Federation
(NFF), Aminu Maigari, the Spartak Moscow striker
insists he has put the past behind. "I felt a bit bad back then, but all that is behind
me now because everyone must have learned
greatly from that situation," Emenike said on
Saturday. "I was not happy and when I am not happy, I do
not have the power to hide my deep
disappointments and feelings. "When I finally spoke with the coach [twice], and
the NFF president, everything was discussed and
sorted. It was a great step forward."
source: www.nigerianeye.com/2013/06/emenike-back-from-injury.html?utm_source=NigerianEye&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+Nigerianeye+(NigerianEye)&m=1
Re: Emenike Is Back! We Need Him And Other Nigerian Strikers by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2013
d

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Names Street, N4.3bn College After Joseph Yobo / Emmanuel Emenike Strikes Again For Spartak Moscow. / Okagbare Wins Bronze In The 200m In Moscow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.