Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

What The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongue (442 Views)

What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongue by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2013
I see this important information in Act Chapter 2.

I Just wonder why some religious leaders delude people with speaking in tongue

1 Now while the day of the [festival of] Pentecost was in progress they were all together at the same place, 2 and suddenly there occurred from heaven a noise just like that of a rushing stiff breeze, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting. 3 And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed about, and one sat upon each one of them,4 and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance.

5 As it was, there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, reverent men, from every nation of those under heaven. 6 So, when this sound occurred, the multitude came together and were bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7 Indeed, they were astonished and began to wonder and say: “See here, all these who are speaking are Gal‧i‧le′ans, are they not? 8 And yet how is it we are hearing, each one of us, his own language in which we were born? 9 Par′thi‧ans and Medes and E′lam‧ites, and the inhabitants of Mes‧o‧po‧ta′mi‧a, and Ju‧de′a and Cap‧pa‧do′ci‧a, Pon′tus and the [district of] Asia, 10 and Phryg′i‧a and Pam‧phyl′i‧a, Egypt and the parts of Lib′y‧a, which is toward Cy‧re′ne, and sojourners from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,11Cre′tans and Arabians, we hear them speaking in our tongues about the magnificent things of God.” 12 Yes, they were all astonished and were in perplexity, saying one to another: “What does this thing purport to be?” 13 However, different ones mocked at them and began to say: “They are full of sweet wine.

(1) (Reply)

If U Can Do Anything For The sake of God / Stop Digging Your Grave. / Are We The Only Ones God Created In Our Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.