Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. (3321 Views)

Any Info On Nov 2012 Ican Result / Post Graduate In Geology Department For A 3rd Class Grad, University Of Ibadan / After Studying Geology For 4 Years, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by WiseJudge: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am a Geologist who desires to improve on his technical know-how through self development.
Please I need information on places where people could get training on how to use Petrel, Geographix and other Geological
softwares used for interpreting seismic and well log data.

I would like to know about training centres/locations for these softwares, in Lagos and Porthacourt.

PLEASE HELP......................

Thanks in advance ;DHello Everyone,

I am a Geologist who desires to improve on his technical know-how through self development.
Please I need information on places where people could get training on how to use Petrel, Geographix and other Geological
softwares used for interpreting seismic and well log data.

I would like to know about training centres for these softwares, in Lagos and Porthacourt.

PLEASE HELP......................

Thanks in advance
Re: Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by Ezegozie(m): 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
i am a final year geology student?

Please can you enlighten me on these programmes?

Which one is the most relevant for a geologists especially for one hoping to work in an oil company?

Can someone combine the programme with his masters?
Re: Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by Ezegozie(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by WiseJudge: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
@Ezegozie, I must say I am disappointed in you, inspite of the fact that we haven't met before. It is wrong for you to judge people without first finding out from them the possible reasons for their behaviour or actions.As a matter of fact, i do not visit NL daily, because I have other things to attend to.

Well, having said that,the Geological softwares I mentioned are used for interpreting and analysing seismic data. The petrel software is a product associated with Schlumbeger (It is their brain-child). There are so many of them that perform the same function but have different nomenclature, based on the organisation. If you are employed by any of the companies, they will train you on how to use their softwares. There is also a possibility that you could get the training on the use of these softwares from places other than the parent company. The key thing is that these softwares (Petrel,kingdom,geographix) perform the same function, but with slight differences in how they are used. They would make your work easier in terms of interpreting seismic, reservoir estimation, fault identification and well correlation.

I hope i have answered your questions. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by Ezegozie(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2013
May God bless you too. Thanks for enlightening me on that.

Do you think its aviseable for a fresh graduate of Geology to gofor his masters immediately in abroad university, or stay in Nigeria to learn the programme, PETREL; KINGDOM; GEOGRAPHIX etc.

Will doing the programme make you more employeable in Nigeria than doing your Msc in abroad universities in one of these countries Austria, Germany and Norway.
Re: Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by WiseJudge: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
The outcome we get from the risks we take in life varies. Generally, people believe that going for Masters programme abroad creates better opportunites. This is almost undisputable, considering the fall in the quality of education here in Nigeria. If you have the money or you are under scholarship, then take the bull by the horn- travel abroad and get your Masters. If you do not have the money, you could either consider a Masters degree with Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Porthacourt. (You can google their website)or delve deeply into skills and certificate acquisition for oil and gas jobs. Learning the use of these softwares, is one of the things you could do for yourself amongst many. Also, note that Most oil and gas trainings are slightly expensive, as they range from 200,000 and above. I suggest you browse the internet through GOOGLE for information relating to training(s) suitable for Geologists.
Re: Info On Training In Petrel,geographix And Other Geology Software In Lag And PH. by Ezegozie(m): 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wise+Judge:
The outcome we get from the risks we take in life varies. Generally, people believe that going for Masters programme abroad creates better opportunites. This is almost undisputable, considering the fall in the quality of education here in Nigeria. If you have the money or you are under scholarship, then take the bull by the horn- travel abroad and get your Masters. If you do not have the money, you could either consider a Masters degree with Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Porthacourt. (You can google their website)or delve deeply into skills and certificate acquisition for oil and gas jobs. Learning the use of these softwares, is one of the things you could do for yourself amongst many. Also, note that Most oil and gas trainings are slightly expensive, as they range from 200,000 and above. I suggest you browse the internet through GOOGLE for information relating to training(s) suitable for Geologists.

inshort you are destined with wisdom. Sorry for my previous vulgar comment above. I will edit it right now.

Your kind is just the type destined to chop the highly competitive OIL MONEY, because you know the route to that.

Please, judging from wise comments, and also judging from the fact that you graduated from the course i am studying, i think it is wise for you to be my mentor.

I would have posted my number or email for communication but that should be making myself vulnerable to HUNGRY SCAMMERS all over Nairaland.

I would like us to be friends on facebook. My ID is EZENWERE CHIGOZIE. Just search it on facebook, you will see me. Have a wonderful day

(1) (Reply)

2 Simple Skills That Have Made Many Youths Rich In Nigeria / Exxon Mobil Skills Test For Electrical Engineers / How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.