Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (86119 Views)

Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa / Naija's Five Top/best Rappers / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by iamdnegro: 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
ooohhhh SNAP!!!

amechi231 just got demolished by javalove.

AMECHI231 se u go let am go like that?? c'mon man. no let this guy rape u like that now. represent for ur double six (lol). LMAO
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by obinna5000(m): 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
- M.I.
- Mode9
- Rugged Man
- Vector
- Sauce Kid, Blaise, Kel, IllBliss
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
Javalove and double six abeg make una stop cos i don laf here break plate 4 house, Lmao at d two Of U.
Now let me get down to biz my 5 best naija rapperz,am jst gonna analyze dem.
1.Mode 9,lyrically i fink he's tight buh my problem wif him is his very unfamiliar style,beatz.
2. M.I as far as rap is goez in naija at d moment he's d hottest and i lyk d both d theme of his rap and d fact dat he appealz to both hardcore and commercial rap.
3Naeto C he's rap is effortless,kool & sexy,he remindz of LL Cool J and Mase,U can take her to bed wif Naeto in d background.
4.Overdose, Damn it!Dis guy is very smooth wif his lyricz,he usez wordz dat messes wif d mind lyk d rasta's weed.D guy is jst not lucky,i fink he and Mody need to cool off a bit wif d too hardcore stuf,a gud rapper should be able to appeal to both sidez hardcore and commercial rap afterall dier success dependz on record salez.
5 Blaize, So far she's d best undiluted female rapper,she aint tryinna be any1,if i were to choose btw sasha and kelz,kelz!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by chivvy: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
m.i should have no rival in nigeria hip hop rap he is the number one.mode9.nigga raw.2shot.terry.sauce kid
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by sodconfirm: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2009
-MI
-ILL Bliss
then others follow
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2009
mi
naeto c
sauce kid
space man
rugged man
mode 9 is over rated
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by eldee(m): 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
1. M.I
2. M.I
3. M.I
4. Blaise
5. Kel

People say M.I name the best three
I say let's see, me, me, me . . .

No other dudes come close I'm homophobic
- M.I (I'm Hot)

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by sodconfirm: 12:58am On Sep 09, 2009
Dagrin, lol
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by doublesix: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
1.DOUBLE SIX
2.DOUBLE SIX
3.DOUBLE SIX
4.DOUBLE SIX
5.DOUBLE SIX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF0RQUWU2nA

and that's one of the reasons why.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by xlim: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
nija best rapper remains
MI
MI
MI
MI and
MI
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by muffins(f): 12:04am On Nov 08, 2009
Nigerian rappers are wack job. tongue
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by aldon: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2009
1.RUGGEDMAN
2.RUGGEDMAN
3.RUGGEDMAN
4.ICEPRINCE
5.m.i
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by hidemyip(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2009
Mode 9
MI
Terry Da Rapman
Pheroshuz
Overdoze

Y'all should stop including ruggedman in this forum coz he's just the Eedris of this ere, The guy dey yarn ballz.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by nex(m): 5:50am On Nov 10, 2009
Mode 9, Naeto C, Bouqui, M.I, Freestyle.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by shadyBaba: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2009
M.I: it's the hip hop reviver, i flow like the niger, more hits than mo hits and more spits than saliva

MODE 9: you got intellect myopia, so when i diss a baba it is not ethiopia

RUGGED MAN: me na that nigga makin it happen and like tommy you still won't figure - mine is inborn i switch rackets like a machine gun

PHEROCIOUS: i dont freestyle i get paid to flow

NAETO C: i just like his swag i dont really know his punchlines.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by sweeti14(f): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
1)MI( therez no disputing dat)
2)Mode 9
3)Naeto C
4)Sauce kid
5)Ikechukwu
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by omoadekunle(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2009
M.I
Mode 9
Ice Berg Slim
Dagrin
Killz(ikechukwu)
Naeto c
Ice prince
Jesse jags
vector grin
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2009
o.m.oadekunle:

M.I
Mode 9
Ice Berg Slim
Dagrin
Killz(ikechukwu)
Naeto c
Ice prince
Jesse jags
vector grin
Are you blind?
The thread said top five!!!!!!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by omoadekunle(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
i kno, jst wantd to add dat, which one b ur own self tongue
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Rhymstein(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
man jst listened to thats d thing.man i was lyk mode stil got it cos i didnt lyk his verse on loke at all.now am gonna giv my top 5. 1.mode9 2.overdose 3.m.i 4.terry da rapman 5.ruggedman[color=][/color]
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by mceeluther: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
Nigerian hiphop state of mind is totally zero. Well if you want to know who rappers are why not visit www.Africanhiphop.com. You would also get to see me there known as explicitluther. other guys like Mode nine, ruggededman, M. I., Illbliss, The crew known as street butta, Gino and Naeto C. Top the Nigerian Hiphop scene but other good lyricst are: Supect (bit wacker than my five fingers), Sasha is also an emcee, Kel, Khemistry, Blazie, Bouqui, Ikechukwu (Bit ill lyrically), Tecqzilla, Eclipse, sauce Kid (though he lacks poetry), For now not forgetting pherocious, OD, Terry tha rapman

As for Lord of Ajasa: Even Timaya rap pas am grin
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by bjmighty(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2009
1. MODENINE
His lyrics are out of imagination and he will kill any kind of beat you give him, no wonder even Lagbaja (omo baba mukomuko) featured him on his track. A bigwig musician of Lagbaja's calibre would't have featured Mode9 if he wasn't doing hip hop the way its suppose to be done. Me think mode9 is the reason why hip hop finally stood its ground in naija. Mode9 started real hip hop even when people were hissing at him he stucked to his gun and the aftermath is the reason why all our rappers are now sounding american today. This should be an inspiration to all upcoming rappers and even the ones there now. No mode9 has made rap music popular in naija and people don't want to accept the true fact that he layed the mat for these newcomers to walk on. Lets be honest here, if mode9 hadn't stucked to his gun Sauce, M.I, Ghetto bitch P and all these small new rappers coming out now will all be rapping like pigdin rap like Rugged man. angry angry angry angry Mode9 is a Legend! Faze should have mentioned his name in his originality song, well he featured in the remix version and that made me glad.

2. EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM
Eedris no doubt is synonymous to naija hip hop, the history of naija hip hop is incomplete without that name. Lyrically he may not be a good punchliner but when speaking naija hip hop generally then you must not leave him out. During his reign he was the most sort after and one of the highest paid artiste then. He was the first Nigerian Rapper i looked up to then. I just love his naija/omo-ita style. His albums are like umbrella during raining season, you must have it and his hit tracks always compete with the all school anthem National Anthem in every primary school and secondary school. I love his naija originality and his little touch of "Omo-ita" its makes him Eedris Abdulkareem. The guy is fire when on stage, i remember one of his performances i saw on Prime time, that guy has got street credibility. If there is one artiste in naija that i will always love for no reason, then it is Eedris Abdulkareem. Either you like it or not you must knod your coconut head whenever the DJ spins Sakomo, Sade, Belinda, Mr Lecturer, Jaga jaga, Rema, Koleyewon e.t.c . Am still crazy about his first album "PASS". I love his Letter to Mr president Album, from the first to last track is crazy. LondON NoGuns and Rema are my favorite in that album. He spat fire in King is back, all the tracks prove he has step up lyrically, the album cut across all subjects you wann talk about from his life to family, Niger Delta, naija music, politics, religion e.t.c , Eeedris Baba, i hail you anytime! smiley smiley smiley smiley

3. ELDEE THA DON
This is another lyriku we-re, Lanre is cool when it comes to versatility then you are talking about ELDEE THA DON. He can switch style anytime and flow on any beat. I respect his one of the pioneers. He is a so many in one. He is another reason why naija hip hop stood ground. All these new comers coming now and shouting "swagga swagga! should pay homage to people like Mode9, Eedris and Eldee e.t.c He has even gone internationally by doing a song with Young Joc and Ciara. Eldee is tha real don!!

4. RUGGED MAN
This guy blow my mind any day anytime. I always anticipate to hear from him. Am in love with all his album, his delivery is bomb and he has a way of killing every song he is featured but he seem to be fading out of my audio system slowly because its been long i heard from him or does he have a new album out after RUGGEDY BABA because me i know no oo. Am outside so e no easy to know but i doubt if he has any after Ruggedy baba. Also, i think Mode9's deathblow kicked him out of my Home thearter undecided undecided undecided maybe sha but i still look forward to hear from him. Ruggedy baba is a huge album and from the beginning to end is sick. Rugged is a tight lyricist too when it comes to English/pidgin flowz.

5. M.I/ELAJOE/O.D/TERRY D' RAPMAN and DAGRIN

As for my 5th best, am skeptical, i have to share it between the above listed. I love M.I's delivery on every track of him, he is a beat killer and he gat bomb rhymes that can disflower a 10years old girl.
Elajoe is an under-rated rapper, i have been at his back since the days of thoroughbred and i find him real sick, he should come out with something for boys to feed on man.
O.D - Thats my man, his flow delivery is sick too. Some say his flows sound mode9-like, that one na lie!! The guy got his own flows. Mode9 switches style, mode is versatile on rap delivery but O.D sticks to his own style and is kicking it great. Am loving him.
Terry - Terry and mode9 are the only two naija rappers that i have confirmed that they are real rappers. They can freestyle, i mean they are freestylist, they can freestyle on any beat at anyday anytime. I have confirmed that. Terry got crazy deliveries and off tha hook punclines. He has never disappointed me on any of the tracks i have heard of him. Boiz are not smiling!!!!!! Boys dey vomit!!!!

Dagrin -  All of us know na, this guy is a badman on yoruba hardcore rape. He took Yoru-rap to the next level. Ajasa made it a nice style but Dagrin took it hardcore and thats the reason why am of the opinion that his C.E.o will snatch best album of the year if nominated. Dagrin is Lyrical babalawo. grin grin grin

That is my personal analysis ooooo. Please, am not spraying licence for anyone to beef me ooo or call me names and if u wann give me argument make sure you hit objectivity and be sensibly because i heard MTN is doing free internet browsing for people with memory of low RAM, i don't want people in that category plss! smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by charlesluw: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2009
in no particular order:

Dagrin, Objazz, M.I, Modenine , and Objazz

simple
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by imodified: 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2009
mode9, MI, terry d rapman, naetoc, sauce kid
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by bjmighty(m): 3:42am On Nov 22, 2009
@@@Moderator, you deleted my post?
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by brooklyn99: 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
jesus, saucekid is trash. cold, smelly, dirty, trash!!!! dunno why he's called a rapper
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by aldon: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2009
ruggedman and mode9
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Fugaze: 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
Before him there was many, after him there'll be none, He's the one, M.I, Somebody wants to die
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Fugaze: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ok Ok Ok , Sauce is good, only that that first album was a mix tape and ervthang was gotten from foriegn artists, Mode's started drifting from his KRS one style which i think is a good idea. Lookin forward to l istening to jesse Jags and Ice prince as i hear they r hot. But M.I, I think that short black boy is the H in Hip-hop. Can i get an encore?
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by aldon: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
ruggedman
ruggedman
ruggedman
ruggedman
ruggedman
nd respect 2 his crew members-jafaar,k show,six o & trybesmen,jahbless,ajasa,dagrin,apart 4rm them.rugged is the only true nd proud patriotic nigerian rapper,other nigerian rappers are just group of wannabes afraid of being themselves sounding like-sounding like kind of rappers who will always feel inferior when foriegn rappers they r biting visits our country.I LOVE AMERICAN HIP HOP ESSPECIALLY THE UNDERGROUND JAMZ BUT I WILL NEVA LOSE MY MIND,MI NO WHERE I COME FROM(NIGERIA)
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by aldon: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
i mean dat,i know where i come from(dat is nigeria).i will neva lose my mind with all these new hip hop songs from naija rappers,they may impress me but nah itz not nigerian enuff.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by larryjayz: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2009
mode9,mi/terrytherapman,od,illbliss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs / Umuobiligbo - Download All The Tracks In Their Latest Album (udo Ga Adi 2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.