Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (86135 Views)

Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa / Naija's Five Top/best Rappers / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by javalove(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2009
aldon:

ruggedman
ruggedman
ruggedman
ruggedman
ruggedman
nd respect 2 his crew members-jafaar,k show,six o & trybesmen,jahbless,ajasa,dagrin,apart 4rm them.rugged is the only true nd proud patriotic nigerian rapper,other nigerian rappers are just group of wannabes afraid of being themselves sounding like-sounding like kind of rappers who will always feel inferior when foriegn rappers they r biting visits our country.I LOVE AMERICAN HIP HOP ESSPECIALLY THE UNDERGROUND JAMZ BUT I WILL NEVA LOSE MY MIND,MI NO WHERE I COME FROM(NIGERIA)

liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[B]nO WONDER THERE IS NOBODY LEFT IN UR CREW/ Swave, Normoloess and JAFFAR and TBOY all left u - Death Blow[/B]

Jafaar has left him some remove his name from there. . .Normoless took the "Why u still dey rap like mumu" hook and has alsoe left him. . .Some of those guys u listed up there have left him. . .

Now, what defines ur NIGERIANESS

Is it the accent used on a track or the words that are spat on the beats?

Modenine did a track with BLAST (Toron Giwa) and the chorus was in HAUSA

Modenine did a track with Normolss (OGUN ISOYE) and the chorus was in YORUBA

Modenine did a track with NNENNA (CRY) and the chorus was in IBO

Modenine did a track with MIKE AREMU and the chorus was also in IBO

And which Nigerian musician will beat LAGBAJA in upholding our culture? MODENINE DID A TRACK WITH HIM

Modenine has loads of songs with bits and pieces of Local Lingo in them

and you fools will sit back and listen to the words of ur foolish master who says until u rap in pigin or mother tongue before u can make it in Nigeria? Is MI rapping in MOTHER TONGUE

Wake up and dont be fooled.

It is the lyrics in ur songs that defines where u come from. . .

Modenine has done tracks to address the Nigerian Political Scene (Politics and Lies & Fellow Nigerians)
Modenine has done a track to address sports (Its a Goal). . .and I tell you, that track will in 1000yrs to come never be done by an American!!!!!!
Modenine has done tracks to address his person
Modenine has donr the most INTELLIGENT track to ever be released by an AFRICAN (CONTRADICTION)
Modenine has had beefs and has won!!!
Modenine has done works for the biggest telecoms outfit in this country and it wasnt even done in Mother tongue!!!

See, I HATE RUG HEAD MAN THE MORE WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT THE MOTHER TONGUE ISH!!!!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by bjmighty(m): 11:22am On Dec 19, 2009
javalove:

liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[B]nO WONDER THERE IS NOBODY LEFT IN your CREW/ Swave, Normoloess and JAFFAR and TBOY all left u - Death Blow[/B]

Jafaar has left him some remove his name from there. . .Normoless took the "Why u still dey rap like mumu" hook and has alsoe left him. . .Some of those guys u listed up there have left him. . .

Now, what defines your NIGERIANESS

Is it the accent used on a track or the words that are spat on the beats?

Modenine did a track with BLAST (Toron Giwa) and the chorus was in HAUSA

Modenine did a track with Normolss (OGUN ISOYE) and the chorus was in YORUBA

Modenine did a track with NNENNA (CRY) and the chorus was in IBO

Modenine did a track with MIKE AREMU and the chorus was also in IBO

And which Nigerian musician will beat LAGBAJA in upholding our culture? MODENINE DID A TRACK WITH HIM

Modenine has loads of songs with bits and pieces of Local Lingo in them

and you fools will sit back and listen to the words of your foolish master who says until u rap in pigin or mother tongue before u can make it in Nigeria? Is MI rapping in MOTHER TONGUE

Wake up and dont be fooled.

It is the lyrics in your songs that defines where u come from. . .

Modenine has done tracks to address the Nigerian Political Scene (Politics and Lies & Fellow Nigerians)
Modenine has done a track to address sports (Its a Goal). . .and I tell you, that track will in 1000yrs to come never be done by an American!!!!!!
Modenine has done tracks to address his person
Modenine has donr the most INTELLIGENT track to ever be released by an AFRICAN (CONTRADICTION)
Modenine has had beefs and has won!!!
Modenine has done works for the biggest telecoms outfit in this country and it wasnt even done in Mother tongue!!!

See, I HATE RUG HEAD MAN THE MORE WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT THE MOTHER TONGUE ISH!!!!

WOW! I beri for you bro for this great analysis. I look forward to hanging out with ya some day when am in town. U are full of sense.
Bro, can we get personal?
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by daisies: 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2009
there is only one rapper that i will aways give all the kudos in the world to: MI, he is definitely mister incredible!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by cramesmon: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2009
to me
m i
mode9
illbliss
rugged man
souce kid
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by dammybravo(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2009
MI,NAETO C,JESSE JAGZ,MODENINE,TERRY D RAPMAN
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Kommon(m): 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
sauce kid,neato c,free style,blaise,pherosious[color=#990000][/color] wink
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by javalove(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2010
modenine
modenine
modenine
modenine
modenine

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by eldee(m): 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2010
Haba . . . why una too dey copy copy??
Abi una name na floppy floppy?? grin grin grin

People say M.I name the best three . . . I say let's see Me, Me, Me.

1st M.I
2nd M.I
3rd M.I

No other dudes come close, I'm homophobic
Therefore fourth and fifth have to be chics.

4th Blaise
5th Kel.

Actors wanna study my tactics, watch when I start this
But they can't touch this.
(copying eL's style)

M.I - I'm Hot.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by javalove(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2010
@eldee

why do u always ignore what your heart says. . u and I knows u know mode is the naija best rapper ever dead or alive!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by tavarez(f): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
me i know Eldee knows,so i dont follow him to bicker ELDEE knows MODeNINE is the greatest ever,
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by naijasmost: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
I wonder who the Top 50 Nigerians of all time would select as their favorite Naija rappers. (LOL!)

[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IC2obCEvEo&hl=en[/flash]

Maybe we should ask them.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, NAIRALANDERS!!!

Anyone know if any of the rappers are doing a Nigerian Independence Collabo?

I heard Eldee was spearheading something, to be released on Oct 4th.

Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by statik(m): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2010
After this post no more post plz, *MODENINE *TERRY D RAPMAN *ILLbo BOY *MI *OD *FREESTYLE *ELDEE D DON *GINO *SAUCE KID *NAETO C *IKECHUKWU Respectivly, "Females" *BOUQUI *KEL *SASHA *BLAZE *CHEMISTRY. Respectively, Modenine remains da rap god!!, M.I got da meaningless rhyme bt no strong lyrics metaphors and punchline,he ain't poetic. there r basic things considered when rating real emcees,
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by phboy(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2010
I SWEAR TO GOD. IF MCC NO RAP PASS ALL THESE GUYS COMBINED I GO BUY UNA SHAQ!!!! NO BULLSHIT. CHECK THIS OUT www.myspace.com/namccbedis1 YOU CAN FEEL THE REALNESS!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by luvlytrici: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
the best is e-legal a female rapper listen to her on this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZAh683qFU
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by fridayoba: 12:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Guys this is the ans stop that fake list
1.M I
2.Mode 9
3.Phenom
4.Ice prince
5.Jesse jagz
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Courage95(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
ILL BLISS: is my favourite because he sounds like rick ross due to his deep voice, M.I: has got swag and stinky flows too, VECTOR: i love the way he plays with words. PHYNO: he has this thing like a mixture of english and igbo,making his an avatar between two languages, that awesome. NAETO C: naeto gat american written all over him,and his diction also makes him a standout rapper. DR SID: this dude has this sexy way of rapping that get the ladies tripping,who knows why TIWA joined MARVIN lolz. ICE PRINCE: this dude is somewhat sick,because his flows are awefully tremendious except for the 'ABOKI SONG' part. (THE PRINCE/NIGGA RAW): i don't really admire these guys but they got some ...ish on they lyrics too 'you know these igbo men'. RUGGED MAN,MODE 9,GINO): these guys have something in common,they may be 'hit and run' rappers,but they are the bomb... Naija got many female rappers too like; (MUNA 'my favourite.. I love her!!',SASHA,BLAZE,KEL,EVA,ZEE BABY,MO' CHEEDA, AND CHEMISTRY) 'these ladies and gentle rappers are but a few of what naija has to offer..if you think i didn't mention anyone special feel free to comment,but the few i mentioned are the top lords i can account for... C'dube out
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Nwaksjoey(m): 9:16am On Mar 01, 2013
MI, Ruggedman, MOde9 and Naecto C
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Earlyjay: 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
XMAN IS D BEST 9JA RAPPER EVER!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by soladunga: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2013
1. Mode9/M I. They both share dat post
2. Olamide
3. Phyno
4. Sinzu
5. Ikechukwu
6. Iceprince
7. Reminisce
8. Neato c
9. Blaise
10.vector
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Starbeams: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2013
1. Mode9
2. XMAN
3. Phyno
4. Sinzu
5. M.I
6. Iceprince
7. Reminisce
8. Olamide
9. Blaise
10.vector
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria by Ryocaj(m): 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2020
TOP 5 1) Mode9 X Vector Tha Viper 2) Show Dem Camp 3) Blaqbonez X Phenom 4) Reminisce X Ill Bliss 5) Eva Alordiah X Dremo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs / Umuobiligbo - Download All The Tracks In Their Latest Album (udo Ga Adi 2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.