Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Tourism Projects In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourism Projects In Nigeria (2534 Views)

Celebrating World Tourism Day 2015 - My Beautiful Nigeria (pictures Included) / Picture Update Of Some Ongoing Projects In Nigeria / Tourism Can Bring Serious Income to Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Constantin: 3:58pm On May 21, 2006
Nigeria's Tourism Projects

I have posted earlier about the huge project in Cross Rivers, now I have found two more

5-Star Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Course

Current status of construction:

[img]http://www.akwaibomstategov.com/le'meridien3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.akwaibomstategov.com/le'meridien.jpg[/img]

The construction work for the five star Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort is in full progress. SBT Juul Africa is proud to have been appointed as Development Managers, Project Architects and Interior Designers of the exclusive USD 36 million development situated in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom, with an economy centered on the lucrative oil and gas industry.

Grandeur of space with impressive proportions.

On 100 hectares of tropical gardens, the 160 room prestigious Ibom Hotel and Golf Estate has spectacular views throughout. There is grandeur of space with impressive proportions to the main public lobby, which incorporates Restaurant, Bar, luxury Retail facilities and scenic lift. The architectural scope includes exclusive chalets of presidential standard, business and conference facilities, pool area, water features and fully equipped Health Centre. The development will have a sustainable infrastructure - pump station, generator rooms, and sewerage plant and water tanks.

Afro-Tech Interior Design with Nigerian flavour

SBT Juul Africa were responsible for introducing the renowned Le Méridien Group as Hotel managers. The design of the interiors will be according to the high standards of the Group. It will combine contemporary elegance of international appeal with elements of Nigerian flavour in finishes, artwork and fabrics (the State is renowned for its art and raffia works).

The Resort's 18 hole Ritson Design Golf Course is of tournament standards. The course, 3 practice putting greens and Golf Club have spectacular views of the surrounding landscape with the luxury Ibom Hotel visible from all areas. The proposed Marina at the river front will include cafes, craft kiosks, leisure boat cruises and rowing.

Le Meridien African & Indian Ocean Managing Director Mr Hassan Ahdab visited the site under construction and was impressed with the beautiful serenity of the location and Golf Course setting.

Proposed Bar Beach Waterfront, Lagos, Nigeria

Victoria and Alfred waterfront Cape Twosn are consultant and advisor to the Lagos State Government (2000-2001) in Nigeria doing pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for the development of coastal rehabilitation and waterfront project Bar Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos (total estimated development cost: US$400 Million).

All the projects are private driven but if the bar beach project goes through it would be a mega boost for lagos with a lot of employment for myn people. smiley grin

PS: I will keep adding to this thread if I find more news grin
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:58am On May 22, 2006
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 3:00am On May 22, 2006
That looks really good. Hopefully, more wealthy Nigerians would take to going on vacation in Nigeria, insteaded of spending their money in London e.t.c.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Love44(f): 6:32am On May 22, 2006
Didn't i tell you guys that Nigeria is getting better and also that our sizes and ethnic groups have really helped us. I hope that all Nigerian will stick together and make our country the real Giant Of Africa. I also heard that the economy of Nigeria is really getting good and also because of democracy.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Mongue(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2006
Wow, this places looks awesome. If everything goes to plan that whole region is going to be a really interesting alternative for holidays.

I went to Obudu ranch back in Dec 2004 and was very impressed even then. I went to La Manga in spain last Xmas and this place looks like it could be just as impressive. I'm hoping it's ready on schedule as I can see myself spending Christmas this year there!

Keep the info coming, If only they could sort Bar Beach out. Everytime I drive down it I think what a waste. I've been to Cape Town and Rio de Janeiro and Lagos has the natural potential to be up there.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Constantin: 2:01pm On May 22, 2006
Mongue, Bar Beach will take some more time to build beacause it is a huuuuggggeee project. By the way, which city did you like more: Rio de Janeiro or Cape Town? And why? thanks for your reply,
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by gidig(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2006
Great things are indeed happening.I have also learnt that the Bayelsa State government is about to build some very nice hotels along their wonderful beachline.This is in addition to the $200 million dollar mega city project they have just commisioned a South African design firm to undertake in Yenagoa.

The government is investing in tourism,especially coming on the heels of teh kinds of attention the AMAA awrds brought teh state.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Constantin: 6:03pm On May 22, 2006
Qidig, you said :" (, )This is in addition to the $200 million dollar mega city project they have just commisioned a South African design firm to undertake in Yenagoa, (, )"

Where did you hear from that? Has work already started and where can we get some more information (renders, articles photos etc.) on that project? Or is it just one more pipedream, , if not I would leap in joy like an untamed child! smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by gidig(m): 8:32pm On May 22, 2006
@constantin,
It is not one of those pipe dreams.I happen to know someone who knows the people involved in the project.The project has been approved and i believe that they should start anytime soon.I really cant say anything more as enthusiastic as I am about the project.Still trying to track an online report of the story but as soon as I am done, I will have it posted.

Even though I am not from Bayelsa,you guys should watch out for that state.They got some things lined up in tourism that will really catch everyone by Suprise.And what can one say about the Cross River State efforts;from Obudu to their yearly christmas celebrations.It is really getting interesting.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Mongue(m): 1:55pm On May 23, 2006
Hi Constantin.

Cape Town or Rio is a tough call as they are both so aesthetically beautiful. The way of life is so cool in both with city and beach life going on hand in hand.

I think I would have to go with Rio though. The beaches are so much a part of the city, the lifestyle is so relaxed, also it is a place where you don't stand out whether you are black, white, mixed, asian etc etc. Brazil is an incredible place because you have just about every possible complexion in one big melting pot. Of course maybe it was all the beautiful girls in bikinis everywhere that probably swings it!

Having said that I actually prefered Salvador in Brazil to Rio. It was a lot less commercial, beautiful beaches where you can go at any time and get food / drink / swim. There is a huge Yoruba influence there as well, they have big statues to all the Yoruba Gods and you can even buy AKARAJE, which is akara but with a brazilian twist of hot pepper paste and shrimps! Awesome.
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by maxeen29(f): 5:48pm On May 23, 2006
Hello Constantin
I love the pictures you have on the tread. I was thinking about visiting Nigeria within the next year or so. I am located in the U.S do you some places in mind where I can stay at and things to do well I am there.

Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Constantin: 11:43am On May 25, 2006
Hi Maxeen,

Ist that you on the picture? You really look smashing!
As to your question: Unfortunately, I do not live in Nigeria presently as I am still completing my PHD stdies in the UK, so I am not fully up-to-date with all the latest projects of our beloved country. But Obudu Ranch seems very nice and extraordinary in order to relax your mind in style. Will you be staying in Lagos? Or do you plan to travel throghout the country? Here is one website which might be of interest to you: http://www.wheretogoinlagos.com/ smiley

Hi Mongue

Thanks for your reply. You have really gone into raptures while you were telling me aboutRio de Janeiro. So it is true that Brazil is such a wonderful melting pot. Is is comparable to the Jamaica or the French Antilles in its way of life? I was also pleaseanly suprised to hear that Yoruba culture still prevails. It is nice to know that. I have travelled to Asia and Dubai but never to Brazil or South Africa. But you really inspired me in your last posting. What about the rate of crime? And what can you do for enjoyment, apart from the sunny beaches? Are there any nice malls, discos/clubs or cool and snazzy bars/restaurants? What about infrastructure and the costs? Is there something like a metro or a well-functioning city bus sytem? Flights within Brazil: are they affordable?

Sorry for bambarding you with so many questions but they really burn under my nails, hopefully you will reply to some of those smiley
Re: Tourism Projects In Nigeria by Mongue(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2006
Constantin,

I travelled to both countries back in 2001/2002.

Brazil is a country with a huge spread of development and infrastructure and poverty. Rio is a very modern city in general. There are loads of restaurants, bars, clubs to enjoy yourself in, and the same goes for Cape Town. It can be pretty sad when you go along copacabana beach and see all the people sitting in the restaurants as there are always little kids looking through the glass or hanging on the railings begging.

Brazil is a huge place so travelling around can be quite difficult but there are lots of flights / buses that are not too expensive.

Because it is so wet up for Tourism you can find places to stay depending on your budget. Obviously Rio is pricey but Salvador for example was very reasonable. We stayed in a small family run Pousada which gave you a real feel for Brazilians, home cooking etc etc.

Language can be a problem as outside of the cities (and even in them) not so many people speak English, so if you can learn a bit of Portugese it would be a real advantage.

As for crime sure it exists but we had no problems in 2 months in both countries. We even went out to eat in the Favela's of Salvador for some good local cooking and the people were very friendly.

The thing that is so beautiful about Brazil, (and I'm sorry to say is so different from nigeria) is that people have no hang ups or inhibitions. People wander round the streets / Bars in the bikin's / shorts and it's just not an issue for anyone. It creates a real relaxed atmosphere and it's a place where people just enjoy themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Schooling In Canada Lambton College / You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? / Kindly Assist With A List Of Credible Dv Visa Lottery Agents In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.