Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

D'banj Suit Reported To Be Made With Real 100 Dollar Bills Is A Lie Ooooo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Suit Reported To Be Made With Real 100 Dollar Bills Is A Lie Ooooo (923 Views)

Wizkid , Olamide, Davido Show Wads Of Dollar And Naira Bills - Photos / [PHOTO] Oritsefemi Flashes 100 Dollar Bills, Says Nigerians Should Work Hard / Photo: Davido, Jude Okoye Flaunt Stacks Of Dollar Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Suit Reported To Be Made With Real 100 Dollar Bills Is A Lie Ooooo by auxizain(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2013
Sometimes I wonder how some people became bloggers/ writers. If celebrities want to feed bloggers with lies, at least we should respect our readers a bit.

Certain lies are so obvious—-and an example is the trending story of Nigerian musician-D’banj having wore a $25000 suit to a DKM Concert in Lagos.

Several bloggers have reported that the suit which was designed by Okunoren Twins is made of actual One Hundred Dollar bills and cost $25000.

I do not care about the cost of the suit which I know that is a lie too but to destroyed/damaged REAL $100 bills to make a suit is a damn CRIME and no designer will even attempt that. You do not go about messing with America….

And D’banj himself will never attempt this, else the US Secret Service would have been chasing his African butt by now…

Destroying any US currency as D’banj and the designer is reported to have done is a big NO according to the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, which makes all U.S. paper currency.

Such an action is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code, which states that “whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.”

This law is enforced by the Secret Service so it is not a damn JOKE.

Apart from the fact that it is STUPID to damage a currency, it cost the US Government money to replace damaged notes as it costs money to make money. Therefore, they do not play with people who destroy notes, let alone those who come out LOUD like D’banj is being reported to have done.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing produces 37 million notes a day with a face value of approximately $696 million.

My question is; what is the point of these LIES being paraded by our African Celebrities through some lazy bloggers who cannot even be bothered to do a common research?

I did not study this in Law School, I just had to ‘transfer skills’ and look for the appropriate legislation. Every blogger could have easily found out this…

This is why you should be careful about which blogs you read!

Don’t be misinformed, knowledge is POWER!

source:http://www.ghanacelebrities.com/2013/06/25/dbanjs-suit-is-reported-to-have-been-made-of-real-100-bills-cost-total-of-25000-i-say-it-is-all-lies-and-here-is-the-proof

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Tops 2013 Africa’s Most Powerful Actresses List / PHOTOS: Nigerian Pastor, Anselm Madubuko & Kenya Singer, Emmy Kosgei's Tradition / Video: Watch Jim Iyke Get His Deliverance At Synagogue Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.