Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car (19812 Views)

Nigeria Car Manufacturer Innoson Official Website. / Finally, A Made In Nigeria Car - And It's Like The Hummer Jeep! / What Happened To Izuogu’s Z-600 Nigeria Made Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by samkoro: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2013
lastpage:
A few years back, (up till around 1975) the ONLY CAR that you can buy and EVERYONE uses in Russia/USSR, is called a LADA.

Google it and see how it looks. Exactly like what you call "A Box".
It was called a Russian Car.

Fast-forward to 2013.
Russia has just launched a MISTRAL CLASS of Aircraft carrier!
Everyone, including the Americans, use their Rockets to launch their Craft into Orbit.

Lesson: If you dont start SOMEWHERE, You can NEVER START!

All the Hondas and Mercedes and Toyota, started as BOXES.
Its so shameful that a Nation of 160-million people, who claim to be sophisticated and enlightened, cannot even produce "A Box Car", yet they can 'pick and chose' and be so selective!

Maybe we have lost our sense of shame anyway...afterall, common stable electricity, we can offer.

Lastpage!

2million likes

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
lastpage:
A few years back, (up till around 1975) the ONLY CAR that you can buy and EVERYONE uses in Russia/USSR, is called a LADA.

Google it and see how it looks. Exactly like what you call "A Box".
It was called a Russian Car.

Fast-forward to 2013.
Russia has just launched a MISTRAL CLASS of Aircraft carrier!
Everyone, including the Americans, use their Rockets to launch their Craft into Orbit.

Lesson: If you dont start SOMEWHERE, You can NEVER START!

All the Hondas and Mercedes and Toyota, started as BOXES.
Its so shameful that a Nation of 160-million people, who claim to be sophisticated and enlightened, cannot even produce "A Box Car", yet they can 'pick and chose' and be so selective!

Maybe we have lost our sense of shame anyway...afterall, common stable electricity, we can offer.

Lastpage!

ALLL THIS TALK
IF U WANT TO DRIVE A BOX FEEL FREE
IF U WANT TO WAIT FOR A BOX ON WHEELS
TO TURN TO A SPORTS CAR BE MY GUEST
I REFUSE TO DRIVE A BOX ON WHEELS
AND UNTIL THE BOX ON WHEELS BECOME
A SPORTS CAR
IMMA KEEP DRIVING IMPORTED CARS
AND GETTING TO WHERE I WANT TO IN TIME
WITHOUT FEAR OF FAILURE wink
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by MCKULQ(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
before or after ?
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Tofado: 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kudos man.. thank God Nigerian is coming up...
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by auskenfine(m): 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
When You build that, drive from Akwaibom to Lagos and we will buy.
Arosa:

Good luck with that, you are going to need it.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by gbonsalifus(m): 7:48am On Jun 28, 2013
Nice. thats were it starts.
101carsense..com
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2013
One thing I can see here is this - this thread is clouded with emotion.

When a vehicle is built, either as a concept, prototype or final production model, people are invited to give opinions, good and bad, no holds barred. Those who criticise are Technicians, Engineers, The Press and of course, people like you and me, the end users.

Now, when an automobile is put together in the West, it's reception is not based upon emotion - it's based upon taste, technical excellence, style etc. A Design Study / Prototype may well change before it hits Final Production. While some changes may be made based upon minor defects, improvements etc, the greater changes come from feedback received. If a design isn't criticised, it can't be improved. The US, UK, Europe, Japan, Korea etc don't give a monkeys if her citizens don't like an automobile they've produced, and don't start bleating unpatriotic, or otherwise hurl abuse. They listen!

A lot of posters on here say they won't drive this car, because it looks like a tin box on wheels, it's ugly, it's crude etc. And others in return insult these guys, for not liking the Z600! Why is this? Why do Nigerians apply a tribal or unpatriotic slant to everyone who dares to have a contrary opinion?

How many Nigerians choose to drive automobile built (assembled) in Nigeria? Those who choose to drive Toyota Camry, Range Rover, BMW, Honda etc - are they less patriotic than the average Nigerian? And those hurling abuse here - are any of them driving any of these automobile? The answer's no. So rather than be seen as Patriots, they're Hypocrites!

Automobile manufacturers in the US, UK, Europe, Japan, Korea etc are less concerned whether their citizens like their products. It's all subjective - there's always a market elsewhere. Regardless of criticism, a good product will find willing clients worldwide. Nigeria needs to step up her game, and not see everyone (Nigerians included) as the enemy. There's no product in the world that isn't criticised, and that makes for more improvement, and a better end product.

Nigerians need to learn to accept criticism, and improve local production. I personally don't like the Z-600, perhaps because it's an unfinished model. Perhaps if the creator hadn't suffered theft all those years ago, his vehicles would have been one of Nigeria's greatest success stories, not just in Nigeria, but worldwide. From what I've read, the engine blocks, cranks, pistons, conrods etc were all locally cast, putting the Z-600 firmly ahead of Innoson, despite the Z-600's crude '97 design, versus Innoson's very modern, up-to-date designs, which are none other than body panels and mechanicals taken directly from existing models.

Ezekiel Izuogu is a legend in his own right, and I have nothing but great respect for him.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 28, 2013
solomon111: stop talking nonsense.
The only parts gotten abroad are the engines.
Everything else is fabricated in Nigeria.

Is the transmission fabricated in Nigeria?

The body panels are not Nigerian either - the pick-up truck is actually an Isuzu, with which the Innoson model shares the body shell. The engines and transmission are however chinese-based.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 28, 2013
Arosa: was the car ever produced for sale? If so then they should have concentrated on the village market.

Proof that you don't read. The Z-600 was a prototype. A prototype is a pre-production design.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2013
solomon111: you can't drive a Nigerian-made car?
I hope you are not in Nigeria,because the day i become president i will ban the importations of cars,and then empower innoson to produce enough cars.
With time, if you need to buy a car then your only option would be Nigerian-made cars.

I commend your patriotism, but you can't force people to buy a certain product, merely because it's produced in their country. That would make you a dictator.

The Americans have American automobile, but the average American would be the first to tell you, they are not as well built as European or Japanese models. Despite Detroit being the home of the automobile, the percentage of Euro / Japanese versus American models is staggering.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2013
fr3do: 'I cant drive a nigerian'
Nonsense!
Ohh,how we have so little faith in ourselves,and we expect a better Nigeria.
If the Japanese,Germans... reacted this way to their first cars,do u think they would be exporting for us to buy?

Insults won't help your cause.

The Germans are big, because they are willing to be criticised. The biggest market of Audi outside Germany is the United States, followed by Europe. More than enough to make them successful, even if their products were not sold in the fatherland.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2013
omoredia:

What are you driving at present? Nothing! U cant even drive yourself to do anything meanful with ur pathetic life!

Harsh, and uncalled for. The poster expressed an opinion, and doesn't like the design, simple. If this project was still in the pipeline, I'm positive Mr Ezekiel Izuogu would have taken criticism on board, and improved the production.

I'd like to believe you're smart enough to understand no sane business man or woman would mass produce a product, if the design or concept wasn't liked. Hence you have Design Study > Concept > Prototype > Final Production. Lots of time to make improvements, based upon feedback, and iron out bugs.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
ibiali: z-600.....sounds like a phone model.... cheesy grin

That's because it's a Prototype. Prototypes generally have code names, and these names are seldom (if ever) anything to do with the Final Production model.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by simplygreat(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
well from what I know of NAC. The current DG is seriously trying and encouraging efforts to promote a totally Made in NIgeria Car. I have seen their efforts and I also know that if not for the current management, NAC would have remained totally irrelevant but the current leadership under Engr. Aminu Jalal is seriously working and the dream of having a MADE IN NIGERIA car may come sooner than expected. Besides DR IZUOGU'S car, the research institute called CENTRE FOR AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT is also there and they have produced four models of a particular car. The problem is that of funding and inconsistent policies and this is what has hampered the growth of CADD, ZARIA from fulfilling totally the reason for which it was set up. As for DR. IZUOGU'S car, I think d problem KILLING Nigeria affected it and that's why it didn't fly. I honestly wish it succeeded and I really wish JALAL was the head then because he would have effected changes that would have helped the fulfil the NIGERIAN DREAM. Nonetheless we still have hope as long there is life and there are real Nigerians who really want what is good for Nigeria. when the Merger between NAC and CADD goes through the final phase from the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY before the end of this year, No doubt we would see the changes we have always dreamed of. Even if Engr. Jalal tenure expires the people to succeed him will fill the vacuum effectively. I am saying this because I served as a Corper with the National Automotive Council, Abuja and I have also gone on an Industrial visit to CADD, Zaria and I have seen all relevant documents concerning the Auto Industry in NIgeria. I have seen the efforts of the current management staff of NAC and I can say to you in sincerity, things are already changing. just few more years and we would get there. with the Automotive test centre, the mechanic villages in almost all the states of the federation under the PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP, the mechatronics training for mechanics to equip them with knowledge of modern technology, the liaison with NUC to establish and promote Automotive Engineering in Nigerian universities with its attendant funding and in coalition with some help from German experts, the support rendered to INNOSON VEHICLE COMPANY and a host of many others...truly NAC is working but soon their works would explode like the floods that took Nigeria by surprise last year only that this time we would wonder how come we didn't know about this good things till now....God bless Nigeria
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by TASFP: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
The Igbo people must carry their great scientists and inventors in a mass movement to mass-produce Igbo inventions. God has blessed Igbo people in a special way with world-class scientists and inventors. Some of them are now our grandfathers. Our grandparents are among the greatest scientists and inventors in the world. We don’t need billionaires or the government to popularize and mass-produce the inventions of our people for our own good. Our politicians and billionaires are not looking out for our great scientists and inventors. Ordinary people in Igboland united in a common front can put money together to achieve any common purpose. We can acquire any technology if we dare to and it is good business because it puts money into our pockets at the end of the day. Be part of The African Science Fiction Project (Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-African-Science-Fiction-Project-155052544549796/?ref=hl) and together we can achieve this. All things are possible if we believe. Believing is our connection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bugatti Chiron Is The Most Searched Supercar In Nigeria,see The World's Top 10 / Volvo XC40 Named European Car Of The Year / When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.