Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Audio Device Headache! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Audio Device Headache! (4031 Views)

My Lenovo Laptop Is Just Giving Me Headache / My Acer Laptop Is Givin Me Headache / My Desktop Is Giving Me Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 6:39pm On May 13, 2008
My younger one tampered with my laptop over night.

after which whenever i want to initiate Windows media player it tells me

[b]"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly"

i tryed troubleshooting, but the device driver isnt coming up.

i also tryed the system information to verify the device and i found out under the component sub-category that the sound
and CD-ROM components were missing.

It also gives an error message "audio device on high definition bus"

PLEASE KINDLY SEND IN YOUR URGENTLY NEEDED SOLUTIONS. THANKS
Re: Audio Device Headache! by uspry1(f): 7:48pm On May 13, 2008
Check out the existing thread at below link provided:

Sound Device Problem
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-130123.0.html

There are step by step instruction that is posted by me (uspry1). Hopefully, it helps! grin
Re: Audio Device Headache! by hayprof(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2008
Hello, @ uspry (Mod)

I demand to know Why this Thread was moved to the Recycle bin. .

Re: Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 11:21am On May 14, 2008
The problem is i cant even open the device manager, how can i open it?
Re: Audio Device Headache! by uspry1(f): 1:24pm On May 14, 2008
hayprof:

Hello, @ uspry (Mod)

I demand to know Why this Thread was moved to the Recycle bin. .

hayprof, I wasn't the one to move your thread to the Recycle Bin. The Forum administrator made the decision, not me.

Why don't you create your own blog or website running "BULK DOWNLOAD FILES" online for Nigerians who do not have broadband downloading exceeded 10mb files you want to help them out?

You can create using "GUESTBOOK" Online form via PHP/MySQL the way you can obtain their download desires via your email automatically daily basis as well as you can made decision to delete if it doesn't apply you. NOT ON THIS FORUM applying to the rules/regulation. You can do it!!!

Nairaland is not a DOWNLOAD FILE ONLINE service business. This is a public forum. Good luck!!!
Re: Audio Device Headache! by uspry1(f): 1:26pm On May 14, 2008
abushaheed:

The problem is i can't even open the device manager, how can i open it?

@abushaheed

Which operating system you are using- - -Windows XP or Windows Vista?
Re: Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 2:51pm On May 14, 2008
its windows xp
Re: Audio Device Headache! by inze(m): 2:54pm On May 14, 2008
Locating Device Maneger on Windows XP,

Right Click on "My Computer" and select properties
Click on the third tab "Hardware"
There you'll find device manager.

Otherwise, try doing a system restore to a date previous to the date the audio started acting up.
This can be done following the steps:

From Start Menu, Select Program files,
Then Accessories, System Tool
and finaling "System Restore"
Its ask what you want to do, either create a restore point or restore to a previous date.
There you can select the date prior to the day your audio messed up and selcet restore.
It'll take a while and reboot, by then it should be done.

Else if , Lets know what audio hardware you system uses, maybe i can get you the driver for it.

Inze
Re: Audio Device Headache! by hayprof(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2008
uspry1:

hayprof, I wasn't the one to move your thread to the Recycle Bin. The Forum administrator made the decision, not me.

Why don't you create your own blog or website running "BULK DOWNLOAD FILES" online for Nigerians who do not have broadband downloading exceeded 10mb files you want to help them out?

You can create using "GUESTBOOK" Online form via PHP/MySQL the way you can obtain their download desires via your email automatically daily basis as well as you can made decision to delete if it doesn't apply you. NOT ON THIS FORUM applying to the rules/regulation. You can do it!!!

Nairaland is not a DOWNLOAD FILE ONLINE service business. This is a public forum. Good luck!!!

. . .I thought a Forum is a medium ** to interact . . / help etc. .
Re: Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 3:11pm On May 14, 2008
@inze i have actually done all that. the device manager tab isnt coming up

I also did a system restore twice, and set two different restore points but still same old story.

I dont know the sound device make, but the computer system make is Hasee F420S.
Re: Audio Device Headache! by inze(m): 3:27pm On May 14, 2008
what version of windows xp r u using??

Professional
Media Center
or Unlimited, ?

cOS the device manager's supposed to pop-out using thise steps provided or did i go wrong anywhere (anybody in the house to check on me)

Inze
Re: Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 4:22pm On May 14, 2008
windows XP professional, 2002 version, service pack 2
Re: Audio Device Headache! by eleda(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2008
WELL GIVE THE NAME PRODUCT NAME OF THE LAPTOP I WIL HELP YOU WITH THE SOUND DEVICE ,

NAME: EXAMPLE LIKE HP

PRODUCT NUMBER LIKE COMPAQ NX 9100

WITH YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM : WINDOW XP PROFFESIONAL, VISTA ,

GIVE ME THIS I WILLHELP SORT THINGS OUT
Re: Audio Device Headache! by inze(m): 5:38pm On May 14, 2008
eleda:

WELL GIVE THE NAME PRODUCT NAME OF THE LAPTOP I WIL HELP YOU WITH THE SOUND DEVICE ,

NAME: EXAMPLE LIKE HP

PRODUCT NUMBER LIKE COMPAQ NX 9100

WITH YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM : WINDOW XP PROFFESIONAL, VISTA ,

GIVE ME THIS I WILLHELP SORT THINGS OUT

shakes head, if only you had read from the begining of this post,
Re: Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 5:47pm On May 14, 2008
they are as follows

product: HASEE

product number: HASEE F420S

THANKS
Re: Audio Device Headache! by uspry1(f): 9:48pm On May 14, 2008
Hmmm! Unheard China-made computer product I found on google.com as follow below:

Shenzhen-based computer manufacturer, Hasee Group, in Longgang District has sold 20,000 laptops every month in the international market, accounting for 40% of this company's total sales. The company expects its sales in overseas countries to reach 80,000 laptops in the first quarter of year 2007.

It was foundered in 1995.

Also there are lot of complaints by mostly Nigerians which have the following problems: Video controller, Video controller (VGA compatible), SM Bus controller, PCI Device, Mass storage controller which does not allow to hear sound and have clear images and so on, due to formatting its CD. Check this link at below:
www.chinatechnews.com/2007/02/16/5013-hasee-supplies-laptop-computers-to-un/

For Hasee Laptop driver site:
Its link: www.hasee.com/english/index.asp is DEAD or DISCONTINUED SITE. It has download drivers on that site. Remaining search on google.com for Hasee laptop driver HAS NOT FOUND AT ALL even driver-software-download.org and driverguide.com.

Only Hasee laptop VGA driver is found at: http://www.drivers-software-download.org/tag/hasee-f420s-vga-driver

Laptop TY Series (F420s) Description:

Intel Celeron M 420 1.6G
14.1 inch WXGA
256MB DDR2
40G
COMBO
Integrated Graphic Card
10/100M LAN
3*USB
IEEE1394
YES
S-Video
ExpressCard
MiniPCI-E
2.4Kg

Model: F420S
Productivity: 20,000 units/month
Company: Shenzhen Hasee Group Co., Ltd.

Good luck!
Re: Audio Device Headache! by abushaheed: 9:25am On May 15, 2008
The most annoying thing with this absurd chinese computer is that every link that u think would have been helpful, just comez up with their ching chang language.

Their official website is offline.

I even read that, that was the computer INEC used for the just gone election, they prefered the cheap ones grin.

I have resorted to downloading a unknown device identifier, which might probably give me the make of the sound card OR wat do u think
Re: Audio Device Headache! by inze(m): 9:54am On May 15, 2008
you can check on this link below, i advice you try the realtek audio drivers listed there if it works, else try others, you never can tell.

http://www.drivers-software-download.org/tag/hasee-f420s-audio-driver

RealTek Audio Drivers

http://www.drivers-software-download.org/abit-kn9-realtek-audio-driver-151/
http://www.drivers-software-download.org/realtek-high-definition-audio-codecs-driver-r186/
http://www.drivers-software-download.org/realtek-sound-card-ac97-audio-driver-a354/

I guess by the time you finish manuevering the site, you should have gitten what you want,
Good Luck

(1) (Reply)

Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? / About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! / ***~How Old Is Your Laptop~***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.