Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,986 members, 7,841,771 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment (18639 Views)

Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death / Marrying 3 Wives Is My Destiny And I Am Happy When I Look At Them - OJB Jazreel / Don-Jazzy On OJB - "Guys Do Not Wait For Celebrities Alone" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by ddeola: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thank you sir, God bless you
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by ichommy(m): 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Osama10: I hope this can be extended to the less privileged too. cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by flyforall: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
With God all things are possible#babGodnoni
OJB Thank God oh
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by untainted: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
tunesoft:
Tell dem...Just today, I for the 4th tie hadto change the referreal general hospital for a patient who can't seem to get dialysis done in general hospitals....all because of no bed space...even lasuth turnd the patients twice with flimsy excuse...nd this one dey offer free sessions to one celeb when general hospitals Cants cater for the common man..shio
Exactly what I'm saying
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by shadrach77: 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
They are doing this because he is a celeb
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by untainted: 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
londoner: [/b]

Please answer the following questions.......

How many barrels of oil per day does Saudi Arabia produce?
How many barrels per day does Nigeria produce?

What is Saudi Arabia's population?

What is Nigeria's population?

Common dear, are you for real? You mean Nigeria's problem is no more bad leadership/followership but population? Maybe you also need to google how many hundreds of millions the Chinese government has lifted out of poverty in the last decade. Na wa o!
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Highjayklm(f): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
But the money we are looking for is for operation na, abi are they the same thing?
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by harziezaht(f): 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
thankGod ooo.......
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by harziezaht(f): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
i pray ooo
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
god bless fashola,may he never know sorrow
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by londoner: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
untainted:
Common dear, are you for real? You mean Nigeria's problem is no more bad leadership/followership but population? Maybe you also need to google how many hundreds of millions the Chinese government has lifted out of poverty in the last decade. Na wa o!

Kindly provide the requested stats...thank you in advance.

Can you please add the amount the Chinese gov collects in tax yearly for the past decade? Thanks.
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by ultimatebunmi1(f): 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
Praise GOD
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by viviane: 12:40am On Jun 29, 2013
In other climes, dozens of well equipped medical personnel are deployed to save cats or dogs that fall into holes. Helicopters may even be used. In nigeria, the other time it was ngozi that was taken to England. Today it is OJB but between then and now thousands of nameless nigerians have died of same ailments. Fix the hospitals and stop shining with celebrities
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by albacete(m): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2013
^^ acknowledge the owner of the post, madam.
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by joshuaidibia(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2013
pheesayor:
Also an ambulance was donated to the cause
LOL. an expensiv joke that few wud ndastnd.
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by joshuaidibia(m): 7:07am On Jun 29, 2013
cry Some of u here that are sayn "THANK GOD,GET WEL SOON." hv already prepared a R.I.P post 4 Ojb.
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Lobolintin(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Dialysis is a treatment that does some of
the things done by healthy kidneys. It is
needed when your own kidneys can no
longer take care of your body's needs.
When is dialysis needed?
You need dialysis when you develop end
stage kidney failure --usually by the time
you lose about 85 to 90 percent of your
kidney function and have a GFR of <15.
Click here to learn more about the
stages of Chronic Kidney Disease and
GFR.
What does dialysis do?
When your kidneys fail, dialysis keeps
your body in balance by:
removing waste, salt and extra water to
prevent them from building up in the
body
keeping a safe level of certain chemicals
in your blood, such as potassium, sodium
and bicarbonate
helping to control blood pressure
Is kidney failure permanent?
Usually, but not always. Some kinds of
acute kidney failure get better after
treatment. In some cases of acute kidney
failure, dialysis may only be needed for a
short time until the kidneys get better.
In chronic or end stage kidney failure,
your kidneys do not get better and you
will need dialysis for the rest of your life.
If your doctor says you are a candidate,
you may choose to be placed on a waiting
list for a new kidney.
Where is dialysis done?
Dialysis can be done in a hospital, in a
dialysis unit that is not part of a hospital,
or at home. You and your doctor will
decide which place is best, based on your
medical condition and your wishes.
Are there different types of
dialysis?
Yes, there are two types of dialysis --
hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
What is hemodialysis?
In hemodialysis, an artificial kidney
(hemodialyzer) is used to remove waste
and extra chemicals and fluid from your
blood. To get your blood into the artificial
kidney, the doctor needs to make an
access (entrance) into your blood vessels.
This is done by minor surgery to your arm
or leg.
Sometimes, an access is made by joining
an artery to a vein under your skin to
make a bigger blood vessel called a
fistula.
However, if your blood vessels are not
adequate for a fistula, the doctor may use
a soft plastic tube to join an artery and a
vein under your skin. This is called a graft.
Occasionally, an access is made by means
of a narrow plastic tube, called a catheter,
which is inserted into a large vein in your
neck. This type of access may be
temporary, but is sometimes used for
long-term treatment.
Click here to learn more about
hemodialysis
How long do hemodialysis
treatments last?
The time needed for your dialysis
depends on:
how well your kidneys work
how much fluid weight you gain between
treatments
how much waste you have in your body
how big you are
the type of artificial kidney used
Usually, each hemodialysis treatment
lasts about four hours and is done three
times per week.
A type of hemodialysis called high-flux
dialysis may take less time. You can
speak to your doctor to see if this is an
appropriate treatment for you.
What is peritoneal dialysis and
how does it work?
In this type of dialysis, your blood is
cleaned inside your body. The doctor will
do surgery to place a plastic tube called a
catheter into your abdomen (belly) to
make an access. During the treatment,
your abdominal area (called the
peritoneal cavity) is slowly filled with
dialysate through the catheter. The blood
stays in the arteries and veins that line
your peritoneal cavity. Extra fluid and
waste products are drawn out of your
blood and into the dialysate. There are
two major kinds of peritoneal dialysis.
Click here to learn more about
peritoneal dialysis
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Firstgentleman1(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2013
nekaa: If every patient with kidney disease is treated this way, then alot of people wldnt have gone on it's acct....
Oooooh. I swear to God, i am fed up with Nigerians. Did you publicise other persons that have fallen victim to this ailment? You people come here blasting celebs to donate to his cause. What else do you even want. This means, some of you here praying for help for him are hypocrites. Now, due to excessive publicity, he is receiving help from unexpected quarters, and you are here saying........... what i don't know. Ebenezer Obey has said it all sha, so i don't see any reason why i should get all worked up.

I GIVE UP
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Firstgentleman1(m): 7:39am On Jun 29, 2013
biafranqueen: I have said it before and will say it again, aids to Ministers read these forums and issue reports. kiss
And who told you, people are not aware of this? You don't need to tell us ehn. Or are they not humans? They visit social networks like you and i. So, whats the big deal? Or you think only nairaland gives this kind of reports? Just deal with it.
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by naptu2: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2013
joshua idibia: LOL. an expensiv joke that few wud ndastnd.

Acute pericarditis and Ford ambulances?
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by biolabee(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2013
untainted: In other climes, dozens of well equipped medical personnel are deployed to save cats or dogs that fall into holes. Helicopters may even be used. In nigeria, the other time it was ngozi that was taken to England. Today it is ojb but between then and now thousands of nameless nigerians have died of same ailments. Fix the hospitals and stop shining with celebrities.
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by milkyholiface: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2013
May GOD bless the health commissioner.

What are the rest doing?
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Nten: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: The Donations don over ooooo, OJB return our money
see dis 1 o! does free dialysis means free kidney transplant surgery?
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
eni mcnite: Dis shouldn't b all about OJB alone, cos dere r so many ppl out dere who av lost a loved one to kidney failure, pls make it free for all!
just i make in the next 6-9 years and treatment will be free it is jesus signed
Re: Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
Firstgentleman1: Oooooh. I swear to God, i am fed up with Nigerians. Did you publicise other persons that have fallen victim to this ailment? You people come here blasting celebs to donate to his cause. What else do you even want. This means, some of you here praying for help for him are hypocrites. Now, due to excessive publicity, he is receiving help from unexpected quarters, and you are here saying........... what i don't know. Ebenezer Obey has said it all sha, so i don't see any reason why i should get all worked up.

I GIVE UP
Firstgentleman1: Oooooh. I swear to God, i am fed up with Nigerians. Did you publicise other persons that have fallen victim to this ailment? You people come here blasting celebs to donate to his cause. What else do you even want. This means, some of you here praying for help for him are hypocrites. Now, due to excessive publicity, he is receiving help from unexpected quarters, and you are here saying........... what i don't know. Ebenezer Obey has said it all sha, so i don't see any reason why i should get all worked up.

I GIVE UP

I GIVE UP
...friend the best thing is to always pray for God's mercy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fan Tattoos Davido's DMW LOGO On His Back (pics,vid) / Who Is Debbie OA (mummy Zee), And Why Is She Trending? / BBNaija: DJ Exclusive Reacts To Anto’s Eviction, Predicts Miracle For The Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.