Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures (30405 Views)

Photographer Slams A N120m Lawsuit On Tuface And Annie Over Wedding Photos / Photographer Sues 2Face And His Wife For N120m / Photographer Sues 2 Face And His Wife For N120m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by abu12: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2013
By Abdulwahab Abdulah
Justice Mohammed Idris of the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has fixed October 16, 2013 for the commencement of trial in a N120 million copyright suit filed against popular music star, Innocent Idibia, a.k.a. TuFace, his wife, Annie Idibia and their manager, Anthonio Anifite over photographs allegedly taken at the recent traditional wedding of the musician and his wife in Akwa Ibom State.
Abuja based photographer, Emmanuel Okolo, who is the plaintiff in the suit alongside his studio, Papilonmexy filed suit against the defendants.
He is asking for six reliefs, two of which include N100 million in general damages and N20millionin exemplary damages.
At the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, neither TuFace nor his wife was represented in court. Anifite who is the second defendant was however represented by his counsel, J.O Uttute.
Meanwhile, a mild drama ensued when the judge openly admonished Uttute after the latter claimed that he had filed his defence when he had not done so.
The judge warned him not to come to this court again if he was not prepared for the case. “You told me that you have filed your response, but looking through here, there is nothing to that effect. And you are even smiling. Do you think you are here to joke? Never come to this court again if you are not prepared. You don’t even know when the case was filed and you are not prepared for it,” said the judge.
Also, the plaintiff’s counsel, Habeeb Oredola expressed worry over the defendants’ inability to appear before the court or be represented bya counsel after they were served with the writs of summon.
In the writ of summon, Okolo and his studio claimed they were contracted by TuFace’s wife through a third party, identified as Ms Chineze Anyaene to take photo shots at the traditional wedding held in Eket, Akwa Ibom state in March,2013.
The plaintiff said, he was reluctant at the beginning since the offer was coming through a third party, but later accepted after he was convinced that the offer was actually with the blessing of the first defendant.
Annie Idibia was said to have later contacted thephotographer after the wedding and demanded for the printing of 10 of the high resolution pictures taken.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/photographer-drags-tuface-wife-to-court-over-wedding-pictures/

1 Like

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by paulmarkino: 6:22am On Jun 29, 2013
I laugh the phoographer

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by AbuMikey(m): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2013
WtF
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 29, 2013
How can you also do business through an info passed thru a 3rd party. My advice is for you to hold the woman who instructed u.

Shikana
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Reyspin(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
What is Happening to Tuface this days.... Everything seems to be turning against him.....
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by mtprofessor5(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
choi..wetin i no go c 4 front page
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by imeller: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
Height of Irresponsibility and Greed.
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by henryvirus(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2013
Lwkmd....ontop wetin
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by meracool(m): 10:12am On Jun 29, 2013
This Is So so so Absurd...!!!
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by meracool(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2013
henryvirus: Lwkmd....ontop wetin
I wonder Ooo
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by kayfeez(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] cool cool
all z well ! Frnt page tynz
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2013
Funny...

Lmao @"u are even smiling "

1 Like

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by LesbianBoy(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Reyspin: What is Happening to Tuface this days.... Everything seems to be turning against him.....
Maybe because he didn't donate for OJB grin grin grin
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by ichommy(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Funny
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by 3ace(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
Na OYO dis guy dey o. His chances of winning this case is very slim.
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by bharkarh(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2013
120 million naira no be beans o
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Youngzedd(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Lost case.
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by engrtee(f): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2013
I reported this news first yet it mine didnt make front page

i desreve an explanation

i dederve an apology
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by fatdon2(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2013
lol... Go nack your head for wall.
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 29, 2013
engrtee: I reported this news first yet it mine didnt make front page

i desreve an explanation

i dederve an apology

sue na cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by iskonne(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2013

i desreve an explanation

i dederve an apology

Sue them......

8 Likes

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by tobbyalone: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Abi o
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Sometimes, people just want to make money off others for things they can resolve.

Na 2face he want take rich?
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by zanebaddo(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2013
2face neva donate money 4 ojb ailment na 120mil him go pay chai!lmao
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by lanrefront1(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2013
I am yet to understand what exactly the suit is about? How did the Tuface and Aniie offend him? is that they refused to pay him money for services rendered or what?

3 Likes

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Linoversace: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2013
bharkarh: 120 million naira no be beans o
3ace: Na OYO dis guy dey o. His chances of winning this case is very slim.

He'll end up getting like Ñ50,000 for damages!
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Youngzedd(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2013
oyb:

sue na cheesy

Na so, no be suing things we dey dey here soooo.
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by HomesOfLife(m): 10:31am On Jun 29, 2013

i desreve an explanation

i dederve an apology

engrtee: Please Observe The Following Rules:

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

Maybe na why undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Bofemsky(f): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2013
LesbianBoy:
Maybe because he didn't donate for OJB grin grin grin
Bullshit!
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Linoversace: 10:33am On Jun 29, 2013
lanre_front: I am yet to understand what exactly the suit is about? How did the Tuface and Aniie offend him? is that they refused to pay him money for services rendered or what?

Couldn't understand part of it too!

Annie Idibia was said to have
later contacted the photographer
after the wedding and
demanded for the printing of 10
of the high resolution pictures
taken.
What happened
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Tinkybabe(f): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Lol @ the photographer. .he wants to make cool cash..120 million naira. .thief! Why not just put a gun to their heads to extort the money. .onye oshi!
I'm still yet to get what he's suing them for. .exemplary damages 20 million. .ole! Barawo! ; cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Photographer Sues Tuface & Annie Over Wedding Pictures by Oildichotomy(m): 10:34am On Jun 29, 2013
Popularity stunt from a Lazy ass photographer ! Tuface is that big shaaa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Linda Osifo's Melanin Popping Photos / Susan Peters Shares Photo With Her Husband / Tonto Dikeh Gets N5M Credit Alert From Unknown Sender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.