Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

African Images-sights And Sounds! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Images-sights And Sounds! (120388 Views)

Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Videos And Sounds of People Speaking Igbo / The Edo Alphabet: A Look At The Benin Letters And Sounds By Richmond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:40am On Jul 30, 2013
streets of Rwanda

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:41am On Jul 30, 2013
congo-rainforest

5 Likes

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:42am On Jul 30, 2013
Obudu, Cross river state, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Public transport in Jo'burg

2 Likes

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nayah(f): 3:47am On Jul 30, 2013
free2ryhme:

u dey fear to ask them kwesion
You ve never seen Black people with these eyes
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:47am On Jul 30, 2013
N I G E R I A N P R I D E

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:48am On Jul 30, 2013
from the east is oromo girl

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:50am On Jul 30, 2013
Senegalese Warrior

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:53am On Jul 30, 2013
So in Zanzibar they have these food vendors, awesome chefs make several dishes on the streets of zanzibar and instead of going to the restaurants, people just mingle, tourists and locals...it's like street food fest every evening. fresh sea food

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by kandiikane(m): 3:54am On Jul 30, 2013
Nayah:
Many Cameroonians have green or hazel eyes because we are naturally a mixed people ( Arabs, Hausas, Bantou, Tikar, Fulanis and white people)

really? What about the non-cameroonians with coloured eyes? Are they also mix with white and arab?
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:55am On Jul 30, 2013
beach dancers-Abidjan

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nayah(f): 3:58am On Jul 30, 2013
kandiikane:

really? What about the non-cameroonians with coloured eyes? Are they also mix with white and arab?
Kandiikane I'm talking about my people cause I know our History...for the others I humbly say I can not certify it, but one think is African with hazel eyes got mixt blood maybe not in the first generation, but somewhere
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 4:02am On Jul 30, 2013
Eco-Lodges in the maasai mara, if you really wanna get a way from the city life for a moment

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by kandiikane(m): 4:21am On Jul 30, 2013
Nayah:
Kandiikane I'm talking about my people cause I know our History...for the others I humbly say I can not certify it, but one think is African with hazel eyes got mixt blood maybe not in the first generation, but somewhere

I am not denying the fact that you know the history of your people but assuming that because someone's lighter eyes are due to mixed blood is wrong. It's like saying the Africans with really straight caucasian noses have mix blood somewhere or the khoisan people are mixed with mongoloids somewhere in the past.

If blue eyes for example is common in your country, why not do research before you assume it's because you have ethnicities that have mixed together blah di blah. Maybe, it could be ocular albinism(maybe cameroonians or central africans are prone to it) or iris heterochromia. There are so many things that can cause Africans to have lighter eyes than being mixed with white or arab or fulani or tikar etc etc etc...

2 Likes

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by PhysicsQED(m): 5:09am On Jul 30, 2013
Nice thread.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by heavenlynzinga: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2013
onila: The daughter of Kwame Nkurumah

thats a disgrace sight is a profound wacko.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by heavenlynzinga: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2013
onila:
university in Gambia

onila do you know why gambia love a tradition look so much? i bet is a good school choice

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
Cameroon -Cameroun

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cameroon -Cameroun
smiley

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
kandiikane:

I am not denying the fact that you know the history of your people but assuming that because someone's lighter eyes are due to mixed blood is wrong. It's like saying the Africans with really straight caucasian noses have mix blood somewhere or the khoisan people are mixed with mongoloids somewhere in the past.

If blue eyes for example is common in your country, why not do researchefore you assume it's because you have ethnicities that have mixed together blah di blah. Maybe, it could be ocular albinism(maybe cameroonians or central africans are prone to it) or iris heterochromia. There are so many things that can cause Africans to have lighter eyes than being mixed with white or arab or fulani or tikar etc etc etc...
u are def learning from ur master tongue tongue cool cool .
nayah can b **** sometimes .

I don't know where she got that from .... most white or arab don't have such eyes . there is a study about that some Cameroonian are prone to albinism .that's all nothing to do with being mixed etc
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Cameroon

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u are def learning from ur master tongue tongue cool cool .

I don't know where she got that from .... most white or arab don't have such eyes . there is a study about that some Cameroonian are prone to albinism .that's all nothing to do with being mixed etc
grin
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Namibia

playing on the sand dunes

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
kmer

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Little Ghanaians

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
That's how we do the great Ethiopian Run

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sun City, south Africa

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
onila: Sun City

where is it? amazing
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by kandiikane(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u are def learning from ur master tongue tongue cool cool .

It's ignorance. The need to find something to link them with whites.

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nigerian Lady

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lake Malawi

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by somegirl1: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
onila: Ladies, would you wanna learn Wolof?

Brown Sugar + Hot Choc + Black Coffee

smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (67) (Reply)

A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / Oruko Amutorunwa (generic Names In Yoruba Culture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.