Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Working Out Our Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Working Out Our Salvation (5760 Views)

Is It True Our Salvation Is Really A Free Gift? No Strings? / ( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation / Ladies And Gentlemen, Our Salvation Is Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44am On Jun 30, 2013
Working Out Our Salvation
June 30, 2013

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

We are not told here to work for our salvation, but to work it out—that is, to demonstrate its reality in our daily lives. Our salvation must be received entirely by grace through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9), or else it is not true salvation. Works can no more keep our salvation than they can earn it for us in the first place. It is not faith plus works, but grace through faith.

Nevertheless, a Christian believer, if his salvation has been real, can testify that "I will show thee my faith by my works" (James 2:18). Good works—consisting of a righteous and gracious lifestyle, considerate of others and obedient to Christ's commands—are the visible evidences of salvation. We have been "created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10).

The context of our text, in fact, assures us, on the basis of Christ's sacrificial death, glorious resurrection, and exaltation (Philippians 2:8-11) that "it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (v. 13). God is thereby enabling us to "work out" our salvation in visible practice, through the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.

Thus, it is beautifully appropriate that the life of a genuinely born-again Christian, possessing true salvation, should be "blameless and harmless, the sons of God, . . . as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life . . ." (vv. 15-16). We do need to "examine |ourselves|, whether |we| be in the faith" (2 Corinthians 13:5), and we are admonished that "we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments" (1 John 2:3). HMM

For more . . . .

14 Likes

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Alwaystrue(f): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2013
@Ola,
Thanks for this message. We need to always examine our lives in the light of the word of God so we can ensure we are moving on to perfection. This working out our salvation is to attain perfection in Christ as He said we shoud be perfect as our Heavenly Father is.
See some scriptures below:

Ephesians 4:11-15
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Working out salvation leads to perfection because we begin to exercise all the commands and we see the results in our life and at the end the fruits we produce are that of the Holy Spirit.

We are called to bear fruit and to bear much more fruit, we get constantly pruned so we drop every excess weight that will hinder better growth.
May we continually receive the help of God to always please Him.

5 Likes

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Lakayanah: 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Ola,
Thanks for this message. We need to always examine our lives in the light of the word of God so we can ensure we are moving on to perfection. This working out our salvation is to attain perfection in Christ as He said we shoud be perfect as our Heavenly Father is.

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Working out salvation leads to perfection because we begin to exercise all the commands and we see the results in our life and at the end the fruits we produce are that of the Holy Spirit.

We are called to bear fruit and to bear much more fruit, we get constantly pruned so we drop every excess weight that will hinder better growth.
I beg you carry your computer go church. Because na only 1 like dey this thread and na you be the only contributor so na you must don like am. Haba make we dey wait make dem share the grace.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hm! Constant check of our faith ll make us know where we stand.
Nice one op.
I pray that the grace of God ll be sufficient for us till eternity.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
Just wanted want likes

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Mayor21(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
Tnkz 4 d mesage*u go shurch*

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by mesther96(f): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
9yz write-up dear.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
Is it because salvation is not meant for you?

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by ignis: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nice one.
Dear Lord, give me the grace to work out my salvation.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by flourishG(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
We are not told here to work for our salvation, but to work it out—that is, to demonstrate its reality in our daily lives. Our salvation must be received entirely by grace through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9), or else it is not true salvation.
this is a good stuff here n truth.da verse does not say work for ya salvation but since u are saved by grace thru faith, something happened on ya inside, so all u do is work it out,let it flow out from inside.bless u bro.
OLAADEGBU:
Works can no more keep our salvation than they can earn it for us in the first place. It is not faith plus works, but grace through faith.
here is an issue.if works can no more keep our salvation, why then do u ola subject yourself n teach other to d works of the mosaic law like judaism to keep n continue salvation knowing it is faith alone n not faith plus works but faith n grace?this we wanna know.
OLAADEGBU:
The context of our text, in fact, assures us, on the basis of Christ's sacrificial death, glorious resurrection, and exaltation (Philippians 2:8-11) that "it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (v. 13). God is thereby enabling us to "work out" our salvation in visible practice, through the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.
i don't think u ever completely trust in the finished n sacrificial works of d lord.if god is enabling us to work it out what he put inside, why are u trynna do that via dead works of d law of moses?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by trolling(m): 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
I no no which kain salvation una dey work out.. Salvation is of the Jews(House of Judah).. I laugh at this Christians.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nice one. Edifying

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ola adegbu don come again. God forbid I start explaining anything here again on another Sunday.

Make you carry go. Thank goodness salvation is personal and between God and I else some christians would have condemned others to eternal damnation.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by cashflowpc(m): 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
Here comes ola again contradicting himself and every e-war he has ever faced on nairaland!

Sometimes i wonder...

Maybe ola doesnt think at all?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by UyiIredia(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^^Give him kudos for consistency and non-conformity.

4 Likes

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by jmoore(m): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
what the op said is in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by damosky12(m): 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hmmmm. Good message. But, Salvation and Righteousness are not by works but a free gift as a result of Christ's death and ressurection. 2CORINTH 5:21

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^Give him kudos for consistency and non-conformity.
True.He is really one of the consistent teachers i have seen in this forum,unlike frosbel who have strayed off the path.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
Alwaystrue:

@Ola,

Amen. Thanks for this edifying contribution of yours and God bless you.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by flourishG(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: True.He is really one of the consistent teachers i have seen in this forum,unlike frosbel who have strayed off the path.
shut yr mouth there! A judaizer is a consistent teacher?you must b an anti Christ then because u make void d cross via yr Judaism teachings n dat makes u an anti Christ n anti cross.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: shut yr mouth there! A judaizer is a consistent teacher?you must b an anti Christ then because u make void d cross via yr Judaism teachings n dat makes u an anti Christ n anti cross.
You are always insulting pple you don't know,i hope you were taught manners by your parents at home where charity begins? Learn how to interact maturely with people without bursting out a spleen!! What do you understand by judaism? Mention any of olaa..msg that you think are Judaism,or keep quiet if you don't have a reasonable thing to say.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:

Hm! Constant check of our faith ll make us know where we stand.
Nice one op.
I pray that the grace of God ll be sufficient for us till eternity.

Amen. Looking at the mirror daily will keep us in line.

"For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholds himself, and goes his way, and straightway forgets what manner of man he was. But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed"
(James 1:23-25).
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: True.He is really one of the consistent teachers i have seen in this forum,unlike frosbel who have strayed off the path.

Oladegbu is Consistently wrong though. Trust him to pick a verse out of context, always preaching the law of sin and condemnation.

12 My dear friends, you always obeyed what you were taught. Just as you obeyed when I was with you, it is even more important for you to obey now that I am not there. So you must continue to live in a way that gives meaning to your salvation. Do this with fear and respect for God.

Christ has paid the price for your salvation, he has bought you from the slave market with His blood. For anybody to take you back from Christ , the blood Christ paid as to be returned.

11 Even so consider yourselves also dead to sin and your relation to it broken, but alive to God [living in unbroken fellowship with Him] in Christ Jesus.

The wages of sin is death. Once we come into Christ, we are dead to sin, death as no sting on you anymore. You cannot work towards your salvation because it is never of works lest any man should boast.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
gboru:

Just wanted want likes

You got it.

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mayor21:

Tnkz 4 d mesage*u go shurch*

Yes. You are also welcome to fellowship with us.

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: You are always insulting pple you don't know,i hope you were taught manners by your parents at home where charity begins? Learn how to interact maturely with people without bursting out a spleen!! What do you understand by judaism? Mention any of olaa..msg that you think are Judaism,or keep quiet if you don't have a reasonable thing to say.

Bidam is just a follower, he knows nothing about what he speaks. He says he is learning yet he comes out to display authority on what he is not yet qualified in.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lizzylobito:

9yz write-up dear.

It is an article and the link can be found in the hyperlinks. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
Oladegbu the legalistic teacher/ kumuyi's errand boy, always taking to his heels when faced with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
m.esther96:

ok

You are blessed.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Is it because salvation is not meant for you?

Jesus died for the salvation of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
ignis:

Nice one.
Dear Lord, give me the grace to work out my salvation.

Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Can't I Allow Her Pass The Night In My Room? / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? / Religious crisis in the Middle East, what's the solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.