Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Honda Element - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Element (5877 Views)

Any Major Issues With Honda Element? / Make Una Come Help Me Oooooo!!! Honda Element Or Kia Soul? / What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Element by banky3w(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2013
I have always wanted a honda element from the first time i laid my eyes on it, but everyone i know seems to be condemning the car. Please friends, advise on this car. What is actually wrong with the Honda Element?
Re: Honda Element by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2013
that's one ugly-looking Honda
Re: Honda Element by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2013
it is a nice box nuttin wrong
Re: Honda Element by banky3w(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
I really love it because of it's shape.
Re: Honda Element by RoyalRoy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
The first question you should ask is "how many Honda Elements do you see around nowadays"?
There is something about it that doesn't make people keep it for long!!
Try & ask ur friends why they are condemning it, they may have a valid reason!

2 Likes

Re: Honda Element by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
It's a good car! If you love it, go for it. The main reason people don't buy it (those I know sha), is because of its shape and look. . .people claim it's ugly, I do too.
Re: Honda Element by banky3w(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2013
@ royal roy most of ma friends do not like dis car because of its shape. They even fabricate a name ''cubic box'' for the car. No one can even say specifically say wat is wrong with the car.
@ victoriousvic Thanks for d advice bro. Really appreciate it!
Re: Honda Element by Lovetinz(m): 5:00am On Jul 05, 2013
Buy it.
Nobody will want to steal it. smiley

10 Likes

Re: Honda Element by mikkyphp(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2013
Very nice and cosy interior.
Re: Honda Element by banky3w(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
cool i'm loving dis
Re: Honda Element by malawian0000001: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
i am looking to buy a honda element by first quater of next year. if the problem with the car is that it is "ugly" then that is good enough cos i think the car is very masculine in shape. i am looking for real problems with the car systems that deters people and not whether it is beutiful or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Element by oseo1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
I own an element and it's one of most reliable cars I have owned, I would highly recommend it. I will say this tho, if u are looking for a big powerful sleepy car this is not it.
Re: Honda Element by malawian0000001: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2013
ose_o: I own an element and it's one of most reliable cars I have owned, I would highly recommend it. I will say this tho, if u are looking for a big powerful sleepy car this is not it.

please explain what you mean by "powerful sleepy" and what are the issues you have faced with the car?
abeg i need advice on this car cos i just love the look of it.
Re: Honda Element by oseo1(m): 4:14am On Nov 08, 2013
malawian0000001:

please explain what you mean by "powerful sleepy" and what are the issues you have faced with the car?
abeg i need advice on this car cos i just love the look of it.

Sorry I meant powerful speedy car, my auto correct must have changed it.
Re: Honda Element by oseo1(m): 4:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Issues I have faced,

1. Rear tires tilt with the top pointing in, this is a very common problem.

2. The cars suspension can get a little noisy and also genuine brake pads are hard to find (but that's a general problem not specific to this car).
Re: Honda Element by malawian0000001: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
ose_o: Issues I have faced,

2. The cars suspension can get a little noisy and also genuine brake pads are hard to find (but that's a general problem not specific to this car).

one a scale of one to ten, tell me the reliability index of this car.
Re: Honda Element by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 16, 2013
ose_o: Issues I have faced,

I have a similar issue with my BMW 323i the rear tyres point inwards what could be the cause of that?
Re: Honda Element by oseo1(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2013
On a scale of one to ten, I would put it at a 7 or 8 it's very very reliable.

The tires tilting in the element is caused by the independent suspension system, from the factory it comes with a slight (-1.5) tilt allegedly to increase the stability of the car. on the bmw I'm not quite sure what causes it.

1 Like

Re: Honda Element by Lovetinz(m): 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
Even after a nine-year production run, the Honda Element sport-utility remains one of the most distinctive and useful shapes on the road. It's relatively short ? typically 7 inches shorter than Honda's own Civic sedan -- and surprisingly tall. But behind that cubist philosophy was a level of versatility that set it apart from many other small wagons and compact SUVs.

As a used vehicle, the Element is easy to recommend thanks to its spacious interior, smooth four-cylinder power, crisp and balanced handling, and Honda's reputation for reliability. Should you decide on this versatile Honda, you'd likely have little trouble finding plenty of nice examples to choose from given the Element's lengthy production run and its popularity. That said, we'd still advise potential buyers to focus on the 2007 and newer versions, which offer more power as well as more safety features.

Most Recent Honda Element
The Honda Element was a compact, car-based SUV produced from 2003-'11. Conceptually, Honda intended it to appeal to outdoor sports enthusiasts, such as surfers and cyclists. However, many were also sold to city dwellers who appreciated not only how easy it was to park but its generous room for four adults and/or cargo. There was essentially just a single generation, as the Element never saw any big styling and/or mechanical changes.

As opposed to a conventional four-door setup, the Honda Element featured access-style rear doors that pivot backward a full 90 degrees. Without a B-pillar to intrude, opening both side doors creates an extra-large portal through which passengers or bulky cargo can be loaded. The rear seats provide plenty of room and can be configured in multiple ways. Remove them and there's an impressive 75 cubic feet of cargo space to play with.

At its debut, the Element had a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 160 horsepower that was matched to either a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission. The Element was available in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. Initially, just base DX and loaded EX trim levels were offered, though subsequent years brought the midlevel LX as well as the sporty SC.

The early notable changes included the debut of the LX in 2004, side airbags for the EX and the availability of satellite radio in '05 and available monotone body treatment and a re-rating of the engine's output to 156 hp in '06.

The most significant upgrades took place for 2007, when the Element got 10 more horsepower, a five-speed automatic, standard stability control and the SC trim level. The latter featured a lowered suspension and unique styling tweaks. Two years later a navigation system and rearview camera became available, while 2010 brought the Dog Friendly package that featured an enclosed kennel with a cushioned bed and water bowl. For 2011, the Element's last year of production, the trim levels were reduced to just LX and EX and neither a manual transmission nor a navigation system was available.

In reviews, we found that the Honda Element offered reasonably peppy around-town response with enough smoothness to make everyday commuting pleasant. From behind the wheel, the Element felt just as tall and boxy as it is, but the steering offered positive feedback and the wide stance kept it stable even during aggressive/evasive maneuvers.

The wide opening provided by the unique clamshell side doors is useful, but when ferrying rear passengers they can be a bit of a hassle. To open the rear doors the front doors must be opened first, leading to some annoyance for the front occupants, as they must always open their doors in order to allow people in or out of the backseat. If you don't carry rear passengers often, however, this will probably be a non-issue.

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/element/

1 Like

Re: Honda Element by sandraa(f): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
i love this car!
Re: Honda Element by alexov(m): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
I love it. I think the element is a nice car, Fusion of a hummer and a mini.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do Factory Navigation Systems Work In Nigeria? / How Can I Economize My Eod Fuel Consumption. Its Killing Me / Gear Box Problem? Read My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.