Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] (32035 Views)

Ada Ada Video [download]- Flavour / Flavour's "Ada Ada" - Behind The Scenes Video / LATEST: Behind The Scenes Photos From Flavour's 'ada Ada' Video Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
coastal queen:
maintain the stance wella o. shior

smiley
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
ogugua88:

That's gonna be a big show. They've been advertising for months now. Enjoy!

Ya it is a big one.

You have no idea how excited I am lol. His first show in the US was also in Texas, had to come down to Houston for it I guess in 2011 same as this one. The only Naija artist that make me dance lol, the only Nigerian artist that I don't mind getting a VVIP section table for $2,500

I'm a big fan smiley shake time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Imanuelle:

at least I'm not alone .
both of u are insane,...u guys lack d knowledge of good music.

3 Likes

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
REALITY101: Ya it is a big one.

You have no idea how excited I am lol. His first show in the US was also in Texas, had to come down to Houston for it I guess in 2011 same as this one. The only Naija artist that make me dance lol, the only Nigerian artist that I don't mind getting a VVIP section table for $2,500

I'm a big fan smiley shake time cheesy

Ok o, we've heard lol.

I need to see him in Texas one day. Nigerian shows in TX are always bigger and better. I've seen him twice in Cali. Both of them combined do not amount to 1/2 of a Houston show lol. Party for me sha lol.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Samakus(m): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
I jst wonder hw ppl who presumably havnt touchd a microphone b4, let alone sing,culd be criticising a popularly celebrated video lyk Ada Ada video.
Its either u critics ar visually impaired or suffering sm psycho-neumatic disorder cos i cnt c hw a mentally n visually balanced persn can criticise a master-piece concept lyk Ada Ada video.
There is no perfect video!
PPL LYK U CRITICS MADE FLAVOUR SANG 'I DNT CARE'

4 Likes

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by HolyTruth: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
....well me say.. good thinking bad product. the audio overwhelmed the video

Observations:
1. the actors are amateurs hence originality seems to be what is missing
2. flavor shouldn't have been on a foreign attire..whatever happened to the rich Igbo attire of time past?
3. why should flavor be playing "excortoyo" to Uti..Flavor should have been the groom, any other arrangement would not work
4. The music was a banger...so I expected the bride, the groom, the entire crowd including Ibu, osita or what's his name- all in a dance activated mood. Not the masquerade and Ibu only
5. Overall it's just an ok video in spite of the fortune spent on it. I give it 60%
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Lincolnburrows(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Samakus: I jst wonder hw ppl who presumably havnt touchd a microphone b4, let alone sing,culd be criticising a popularly celebrated video lyk Ada Ada video.
Its either u critics ar visually impaired or suffering sm psycho-neumatic disorder cos i cnt c hw a mentally n visually balanced persn can criticise a master-piece concept lyk Ada Ada video.
There is no perfect video!
PPL LYK U CRITICS MADE FLAVOUR SANG 'I DNT CARE'

Hey don't get guys wrong here. I agree totally with immanuelle. The song is a masterpiece. No arguments! In fact that's my best track in that album. But this video is a total letdown. For someone that has been anxiously waiting for this video, I expected more. Creativity was really missing out in this video. The whole drama was just bullshit. Including the first part where Ada was doubting if her suitors would come. Most people praising the song here is just because the track is great which has also beclouded their critical reasoning.

So that I'm a flavour's fan doesn't mean I won't criticize him when his performance falls below par(fall my hand)

1 Like

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by somegirl1: 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lincoln burrows:

Hey don't get guys wrong here. I agree totally with immanuelle. The song is a masterpiece. No arguments! In fact that's my best track in that album. But this video is a total letdown. For someone that has been anxiously waiting for this video, I expected more. Creativity was really missing out in this video. The whole drama was just bullshit. Including the first part where Ada was doubting if her suitors would come. Most people praising the song here is just because the track is great which has also beclouded their critical reasoning.

So that I'm a flavour's fan doesn't mean I won't criticize him when his performance falls below par(fall my hand)

I agree, I didn't get the first act. The venue wasn't even ready at the time which would be a bride's major concern rather than whether or not her groom and in-laws would arrive.

I also didn't like Uti's cap. He should have worn an Igbo cap or they should have made it clear that he was a non-Igbo groom and cultures were being blended.

I like it but I don't love it.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by scientology(m): 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
i sorry for anyone wey wan marry dis ada nnes...he will use his life to pay bride-prize...
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
ogugua88:

Ok o, we've heard lol.

I need to see him in Texas one day. Nigerian shows in TX are always bigger and better. I've seen him twice in Cali. Both of them combined do not amount to 1/2 of a Houston show lol. Party for me sha lol.

cheesy
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Correct vidoe jare!! Flavor all the way. cool
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by tjskii(f): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
Clarence no try for dis video jare,therz smthn missing,I didn't feel the love and wonder of 2peopl in love,too many costume changes,y diid flavor av to kip saying that "onyerima"word and y was Uti made d groom,I'll give d video 6/10 though
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 04, 2013
Nice video.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by airmark(m): 2:18am On Jul 04, 2013
UzohBlaise: both of u are insane,...u guys lack d knowledge of good music.

You are the one insane here, we criticised the video not the music. You must be a secondary school drop-out.

HolyTruth: ....well me say.. good thinking bad product. the audio overwhelmed the video

Observations:
2. flavor shouldn't have been on a foreign attire..whatever happened to the rich Igbo attire of time past?
3. why should flavor be playing "excortoyo" to Uti..Flavor should have been the groom, any other arrangement would not work
4. The music was a banger...so I expected the bride, the groom, the entire crowd including Ibu, osita or what's his name- all in a dance activated mood. Not the masquerade and Ibu only
5. Overall it's just an ok video in spite of the fortune spent on it. I give it 60%

You took it home, homie.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Kirinwa: 5:45am On Jul 04, 2013
Gifted4all: una nor dey eva praise person for here.u una don ever shoot video once ??

Helep me ask them o. grin
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Kirinwa: 5:57am On Jul 04, 2013
The song is a great song but I haven't seen the video because of bad network here and my mb too small now for streaming.Have to subscribe before then.So I'll comment later on it.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by slimyem: 7:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Abeg,make person tell me the meaning of "Oyolima"
cheesy
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by pekelepekele(m): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2013
This is one of the best vid i have seen this year
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by kabaka1: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
frederal: Great song + good video; he must have spent quite a lot of money producing the video. I've been waiting for this video.

I agree with u. And ofcourse, d video was shot by Clarence Peter, so what do expect...it won't be cheap cool
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by kabaka1: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
HolyTruth: ....well me say.. good thinking bad product. the audio overwhelmed the video

Observations:
I understand n commend u 4 ur point of view on this video, but I disagree with u on a lot if things n will give this video a cool 100% mark based on my dissection of ur points here:

1. That d actors r amateurs.
   U know, The artiste(Flavor) n the director have to consider the most cost effective way 2 shoot this video without compromising d quality they expect from this video n as u can see these so called amateur actors did their job very well n without ur knit picking on their acting ability, they acted their parts quite well for d video's need

2. That Flavor should have worn a traditional Igbo attire:
   By saying so, that was when I knew that u didn't fully grasp d concept of d video n i'll help u 2 grasp it better.
  In video Flavor through his song, was meant be a story teller talking about a traditional Igbo wedding, in which Ada(an Igbo girl) is the main character of his story. So as u can see from the video there are two settings in d video: d story's setting which is the traditional wedding ceremony, in which every character in this setting is wearing a traditional attire, and also the story teller's setting in which Flavor is stiry teller here wears a regular attire, because he's not part if d traditional wedding story/scene/setting and can justifiably wear whatever he likes even a pyjamas or pant.

3. That Flavor should have played d groom instead of Uti or any other person. 
  That's why I said earlier that u didn't fully grasp d concept of d video because as Flavor is just telling a story about a traditional wedding, he doesn't have to be part of d character in d story, so any other character like Uti can be play d groom in d story/video as seen here.

4. That everybody besides Mr Ibu n d masquerade should have been seen dancing in d video.
  Tell u what, on my own view, this is one of d most interesting part of d video because normally u'd expect everybody in d video 2 jump up n start rocking it just like in most other videos, but Clarence P. deviated from this cliche in most other music videos n just teased our minds by just limiting d dancing part 2 Mr Ibu n d masquerade and this effect will keep d audience's mind to be imagining when everybody will just jump up n start dancing 2.
This shows Clarence Peter's genius as a director as he can hook d audience up with his videos by dimply using the artistic device of suspense.

5. From my points above u can agree that this video is edgy and creative n deserves a full 100% score

4 Likes

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Am yoruba but i so much love dis video,never new d igbo traditional marriage ceremony could be dis colourful,i dont care about d criticisms,dis is a very good video promoting d igbo culltue infact big ups to flavour,best video ever

2 Likes

Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by kabaka1: 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
slimyem: Abeg,make person tell me the meaning of "Oyolima"
cheesy
It's just a slang he invented maybe to express sthg special just like Dbanj always says kokolettes 2 to mean all d ladies
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 05, 2013
Amazing video. Beautiful cultural display!
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Beowulf(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
kabaka1:
It's just a slang he invented maybe to express sthg special just like Dbanj always says kokolettes 2 to mean all d ladies

Just a point of correction. The term "Oyolima" is an Ibo ululation just like "ewo" "chai". The term Oyolima is usually used in festivities involving dancing and adds to the joyous atmosphere. Another common ululation among Ibos when they sing is "ijeh". Some may say "weluya" which literally means take it but in a musical context simply means "take the dance regally". I could go on and on but I hope this clears the point.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Abagworo(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2013
Beowulf:

Just a point of correction. The term "Oyolima" is an Ibo ululation just like "ewo" "chai". The term Oyolima is usually used in festivities involving dancing and adds to the joyous atmosphere. Another common ululation among Ibos when they sing is "ijeh". Some may say "weluya" which literally means take it but in a musical context simply means "take the dance regally". I could go on and on but I hope this clears the point.

Oyolima is Oyorima which means dance music. "Iyo nkwa" means "to dance" or "Igba egwu" in centralized Igbo. Other forms are "ite egwu", "ite uri", "ite eri". I think its used in northeastern part of Igbo as the dialect.

Gbabaya, yowaya, tebeya all means "keep dancing" in different Igbo dialects.
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by DonaldGenes(m): 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
what could be the prob' that after downloading this song it wont play.almost two weeks now, i am unable to download a good quality video of this particular song
Re: Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video] by Nwanneamakah: 5:47am On Nov 14, 2013
chukyrooy:

Boss please tell us how he could have executed it better.

This video is top class

Amazing video. Beautiful cultural display!

A very very lovely video.....saw it ystrday (yes, I knw I "carried last" on ds one tongue ) and was wowed beyond imagination...it got me imagining things...dwnloadn d vid asap 4future purposes/references kiss kiss

pekelepekele: This is one of the best vid i have seen this year
More like one of d best videos I've seen in a long long long time....+ its a huge deviation from d "norm" of stupid half nake.d grls shaking dier rubbish up n dwn!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayra Starr, Davido, Olamide, Burna Boy, Asake Nominated For Grammy 2024 / Most Played Songs Of The Year / Spotify Set To Launch In Nigeria Very Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.